how to refuse a settlement?

katslo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - can anyone help me with this?

I've finally (after lots of stalling and inaccurate info) got my request for a refund off to Crap1. I've got a reply offering to refund £8 per fee applied

- they say

the 'OFT haven't challenged the right of banks to charge default fees, but merely the level of those fees. Althought that we feel £20 is a just fee (!!!! - those I've added!), we've reduced our fees to £12 so that we're in line with our competitors. ..I've reviewed your account and as a gesture of goodwill, I'd like to reduce the fees we've added to your account to £12 each.'

I would like to refuse this offers, the suggestion that they've only reduced there fees to keep in line with their competitors is, frankly, laughable. Are they seriously suggesting they would loose income they see as legitimate for this reason? I somehow doubt it!:lol: But it has taken me so long to get to this point and so much fighting to get my info, should I just give in and accept?

I thought I'd seen a 'thanks, but no thanks' type of letter on here, but I can't seem to find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction or help with the wording of a suitable letter?

Many thanks,

katslo

Here are some links for you. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

The next stage is now giving me a headache! Any guidance would be gratefully received, terrified of doing something wrong...

I sent off my thanks but no thanks letter and got a letter in response (standard issue as it refers to my 'maintaining payments to my account' and states that my 'account balance consists of transactions that I have made' - bloody hope not as they've confirmed that account's been closed for over a year!) which basically says they're not willing to up their offer to a full refund. Do I now need to start on the court stuff? And is this when I need to consider adding 8% interest?:-?

You really need to read a few threads on this site.

You should now be sending your LBA final letter before court action. I added interest on mine and sent a schedule of charges at this stage.Then when they wont pay up after 14 days you take them to court.You will need a n1 form or you can do MCOL whichever you prefer.If I knew how to direct you to links for this i would but alas i am not that clever.However if you read a few threads you should come accross the things you need.

If I have helped in any way please click my scales.