• Tweets

• if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
    • Currently - "the maximum daily price at 100p / kWh for electricity and 30p / kWh for gas – keep in mind that's a lot higher than the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, so if you can't afford prices to increase further, you're probably better off sticking with a protected tariff such as Flexible Octopus." Octopus Tracker is a product of our labs, available now to customers through our beta programme. Octopus Tracker is a beta product. Some things may not work the first time, and installations and processes may take longer than we'd like. Third party tech like In-home Displays won't always work, and on occasion data issues with smart meters can take significant time to fix or prevent things from working at all.   Copied straight from octopus   Feel free to shove it somewhere else    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPEEDY VS NATIONWIDE - need advice please!!

speedy016
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't really know on this one. Obviously if you cant pay it, it's just tough luck for them.

You could write to them saying that it is totally made up of their charges, which you are disputing, and you'll pay it back when you win in court, but Im not sure so you're better off waiting until someone else can advise you better.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mononpoly :-)

Hope you are well this morning.

Its a joke, the letter is dated 22/06/07 and I have to pay it within 5 days of the date of the letter which I only received this morning!! So I have until tomorrow to pay it.

There nice people aren't they.:rolleyes:

Speedy

Absolutely! I couldn't think of anyone nicer. ;)

Just keep bumping this thread up until someone can advise you.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

I received the usual fob off letter this morning from NW, wasn't expecting anything different :rolleyes:

My LBA will be going off on the 5th July as that is when their 14 days is up.

Just wanted to keep you all updated.

Speedy :-)

Did you decide what to do about their letter yesterday?

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Hi monopoly :-)

Yes I sent them a snotty letter back, telling them I had already paid half of it and they will get the rest next week. I also told them that I will not be paying in any money to cover next months charges until they are due to go onto the account. I made it quite clear that no matter what retaliatory action they take against us we will be continuing our claim for a refund of charges and we WILL NOT be put off by them no matter what they throw at us.

I also made it clear that they are very contradictory as when we have requested an OD in the past we have been declined but yet when they see fit they will allow us to go OD so that they can whack extortionate charges onto our account. :evil:

I also requested a copy of their internal complaints procedure.

I'm gonna make it as difficult as possible for them, I have nothing to lose.

I'll let you know when I get a reply. :grin:

Speedy

Did you request just statements for the dates you were missing or the whole lot?

Im not surprised about the comment on RM. They are getting really shoddy and not even bothering to get signatures for most recorded stuff.

I'll take a bet that their profits boom this year though with all the mail being sent to the banks and back...

Dont blame the royal mail they do really hard work (I should know my husbands one of them!). Nationwide gave me the same fob off about sending them out on a certain day but they NEVER appeared! After a nice girl at my local branch got on the case they came within a few days!!!!! But they were for a joint account that had NEVER been overdrawn :( !!!

After ringing AGAIN a really nice bloke found my orginal letter and realised that they had sent the wrong ones out and re- ordered my new ones :evil: .

I think that they just do all this stuff just to delay all claims.

So give the Royal Mail a break they are going through enough at the minute without their customers turning on them :evil: . Oh and dispite rumors in the press about big bonuses for them - VERY UNTRUE - I should know we live for the overtime to pay the bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I don't know where all that came from, I have never slagged off RM.

It was totally obvious that NW were trying to put the blame on RM for their own mistakes.

I have never had any grievance with RM, I send all my letters recorded delivery and so far they have all been delivered the next day. My neighbour works for RM also, so I can appreciate how hard it is, I also know that they have to rely on overtime as well :sad:

I use my local P.O. everyday and have never had any reason to criticise the P.O. or its workers, in my previous post I was merely stating the excuse that the NW gave me. I never for one minute believed them!!!

It may be that monopoly has a genuine grievance with RM over something specific, from reading other posts there seems to be a lot of people who have experienced problems at the hands of RM BUT I am not one of them.

I hope this clarifies things for you with regards to my particular thread, I cannot be held responsible for others viewpoints.

Dont blame the royal mail they do really hard work (I should know my husbands one of them!).... Oh and dispite rumors in the press about big bonuses for them - VERY UNTRUE - I should know we live for the overtime to pay the bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

For a start, the woman in my local PO has explicitly told me that a lot of the postmen aren't bothering to get signatures because there are so many rec. del. letters going through the system. Either the postmen can't be bothered or their bosses have told them not to bother, and in doing so, push more people to buy guaranteed del. instead at nearly 4 times the price.

I also never said anything about big bonuses - I said that RM's profits will have boomed this year. Obviously they aren't going to pass those profits down to the postmen!

I have sent about 15 rec. del letters in the last month, and only about 10 have been delivered. I'd have had more chance of them getting there if I'd paid ordinary postage no doubt!

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Time out people pleeeease!!!

It is a well know phenomenon that the problem lies with Royal Mail updating their website with Tracking details.

A letter is deemed to have been received 2 days after posting.

The date stamped Recorded Delivery counterfoil serves just as well as evidence in Court, if necessary!

Even if it was never delivered??

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

No none of them have been returned to me. Also out of the 10 that were delivered, 2 of them still show up as come back later on RM site, so thats 7 out of 15 according to them...

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

So its EXACTLY what I said in #86 + #88 then eh?!

Think about it!

The County Court doesn't send out its mail via RD does it?

Yet it always 'assume' that it arrived doesn't it?

So some sort of evidence that gives U 'proof of posting', is beyond that of the Courts way of doing things isn't it??!!

U have too many 'undelivered' letters, for it to be held statistically plausible that NONE of those have NOT have been delivered!

So its EXACTLY what I said in #86 + #88 then eh?!

Think about it!

The County Court doesn't send out its mail via RD does it?

Yet it always 'assume' that it arrived doesn't it?

So some sort of evidence that gives U 'proof of posting', is beyond that of the Courts way of doing things isn't it??!!

U have too many 'undelivered' letters, for it to be held statistically plausible that NONE of those have NOT have been delivered!

HURRAH someone who speaks sense :) :) :lol:

Hi guys and gals

I have today received a reply to my letter of complaint, not a bog standard computerized jobby but a proper thought out and polite letter wanting to help me out. SHOCK, HORROR!!! :shock:

They have not threatened me with any nasty action with regards to my unauthorised OD instead they have offered me a reducing OD with a limit of 560.00 reducing it by 40.00 per month on a date of the month that is best suited for me. This is on offer until the balance reaches zero or until the branch service centre accept my refund request and credit the funds back into my account. (Now doesn't that sound promising) :cool:

I am only 178.00 OD at the moment but they are obviously taking into account this months charges that are due to go on.

What do you reckon, never been in this situation before so I value your advice. Should I accept their offer.

Thanks

They're offering you a £560 OD when you're only £178 overdrawn? How much is due to go on charges this month?

Also, they're saying that when you get your refund, anything that's outstanding on the OD will be paid out of before you get your money I think.

If you can afford to pay them £40 a month then personally I'd take their offer.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Hi Monopoly Its good to hear from you, hows work!!There are 350.00 worth of charges due to go on in about 10 days so I think you are right I will accept their offer. As it stands I am paying them back 145.00 per fortnight with my SSP money.I also got the impression that they were more or less saying that I will be getting my charges refunded but we will have to wait and see on that score.Hope you are well and I will look in again tomorrow, I'm off to bed now, my son has got tonsilitus and he is REALLY unwell and to make matters worse I think I am getting it. I feel shocking, in definate need of an early night.Take careSpeedy

Well speedy016...when U next awake U, may realise that what Nationwide is offering U isn't QUITE what U think...

By agreeing to a Reducing O/D, U are effectively legitimising Nationwide's right to have caused it in the 1st place.

U would be agreeing to 'repay' your debt to Nationwide by £40p.m. for Nationwide debiting your Flexaccount with their unlawful Penalty Charges, would U not??!

Even if U only read the Nationwide Threads going back just the last couple of months, I strongly recommend that U do...AGAIN!

The general advice given + what U 'seem' to be forgetting/not picking up on, is all basic Re-claiming stuff!...

It is that a Claimant 1st sets up a 'parachute' current account elsewhere.

If the Bank continues the debit the current account with unmanageable unlawful Penalty Charges, the Claimant activates the 'parachute' current account + transfers ALL their credits + debit to the NEW current account.

This takes away the leverage that the Bank, that the Claimant is Claiming from, has over the Claimant.

If, once the Claimant has filed their Claim at Court, the Bank debits any further Charges from the account that is being claimed for, the Claimant waits until their current Claim has concluded + then starts the process from scratch, for these additional Charges.

Plenty of other claimants have done this + have been successful.

Some have even been threatened with Default Notices + Court action to recover this 'alleged' debt.

It's ALL a load of B*ll*cks!!!

...It is just another scare tactic in Nationwide's feeble armoury.

I fully appreciate that an O/D is deemed to be a Service + is repayable On Demand, but there IS an argument that Nationwide's action to withdraw this facility from your Flexaccount, may be regarded as direct retaliatory action for U Re-claiming YOUR money back off them!

A further fight, via the FSO, may bring U a couple of hundred quid in compensation, similar to when EVERY Nationwide Claimant was having their Flexaccounts closed when they made a Claim, up to just a few months ago.

The difference in interest payable, between the Authorised + Unauthorised % Rate, for the time that it will take for U to get ALL of YOUR money Refunded is very negligible, when U consider the advantages of NOT selling out + sticking to your principles instead.

YOUR CHOICE...Of Course!...:)

But she is still obviously using the account. I would do as MTM says though and try to open a new account. I know it will be a pain to move all the DD's etc, but then they can add as many charges as they like and won't get one penny from you.

BTW work isn't too bad though it was awful not seeing baby for a full day!

Sorry to hear about you and your son being ill. Ive probably had tonsilitus about 50 times lol. It barely affects me anymore. :rolleyes:

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Hi MTM :-)

Nice to hear from you I always value your opinion.

I haven't accepted anything from them yet because like you said, I didn't know if there offer was a good thing or not. Thats why I posted their offer on here. I am also aware that I can reclaim any new charges after this claim is finished and that is what I intend to do.

I am determined to get back every single penny that they owe me but I just want to make sure that I do not make any mistakes.

Having given your post serious thought, I have now decided not to write and accept their offer. You are of course correct and they have stated in their letter that I have two options, one of which is to be put back in credit when/if my charges are paid back into my account.

I have a parachute account which I am using, everything is transferred into it, my NW account is not being used for anything at the moment, except having my SSP paid in to clear the unauthorised OD.

I left my SSP going into the NW to clear the OD because previously when I asked for advice I was told that I HAD to clear the OD because they control my account.:evil:

So other than that they are not getting any money from me.

Thanks for the input MTM, you've got a certain way about you that always makes me see a different side to things!!!!!!!:grin:

Speedy