02 contract query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a contract with 02 for 6/7 years, maybe more. I renew in every year..

I have not good a good credit history these days, but my contract is A1, I never miss a payment. Over the time I have had my contract, I have on a couple ocassions had a 2nd phone, with a new number, the last time I did was about 10 months ago, I cancelled that contract, again owing nothing.. no problems,

About 5 weeks ago I phoned 02 up, to ask for another phone and number again, but they re-credit checked me, told me they would email me the results of the check (which they didn't do) I must have failed... Yet I am still a good customer of theirs? Has anyone else had a similar experience with them? Have they changed their system?

I have (or more relevantly my hubby has) had some financial problems last year, BUT I was able to renew my contract myself with 02 since then, just wondering why they would refuse me now, after all this time?

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Even if you haven't had any problems paying O2, the fact that you've had trouble with other companies puts you into a higher risk category - if you're struggling to meet your obligations with others, you're more likely to struggle to meet your obligations with them. I'd guess that that's the reason.

Another reason why it is good to stay unchanged and upgrade (or add) as this normally means they'll not do a formal re-check, but they write in they're contract they can do this, a near flawless history with them would be OK. What IS annoying, is that they give greater weight to 'the system' and CRA reports that by looking at their OWN records.

Yes, that's what I was attempting to do..... add to my existing contract, something they have always let me do before, The reason I beleive they refused me is cos hubby declared himself bankrupt last March. However I was able to renew my contract in July, so it doesn't really add up does it?

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

It wouldn't matter what hubby had done, unless you are still shown as 'associated'. Six months for the info to filter through isn't unusual, by the time Registry Trust got the info, and ensured it linked to him correctly, then released to the CRA's it seems you just 'beat the ban' by a matter of days...!

Impossible to say - but their conundrum is that if they disallow your ability to upgrade you can threaten to move elsewhere, which can often lead to a compromise. When the time comes, just try it!