CapQuest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt from an Egg Loan of £21500.00, about two years ago they stopped taking money from my account, never heard a thing from them. We moved house since and notified Egg of change of address etc.

Today i receive a letter from CapQuest offering a payment plan of £80.00 per month or £16,000 settlement outright. (80.00 per month seems very fair, almost to good, is this a trick to get my bank details).

The letter says Our Client: Egg Plc Account: xxxxxxxxxx

Your account has been suspended from our solicitors. Legal action is due to commence on the xxxxxxx. In order to stop this blah blah.

What should i do next ?

deepandcalm

You need to send Capquest a CCA request - they are not usually so generous with their offers. Makes me think they won't have a copy of the original credit agreement.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

yeah i was worried it was either an attempt to get me to contact them and then they revoke the offer or else it was as you say because they dont have the original documentation for the loan. At no point do they say that they have purchased the debt though and they say client: egg, does this mean that egg have authorised that payment a month?

I guess i am worried if i challange it they would withdraw the offer which would suit me in the short term, on saying that i am also worried i have no visibility of the charges and fees that make up that figure.

Deepandclam.

Looks like they are just acting as Eggs agent. Send Capquest the CCA request anyway (they are still legally obliged to forward it to Egg). Remember if they don't have a copy of the agreement it is unenforceable.

If you want to find out what charges are on the account send Egg a SAR.

no it wasnt and yes i am.

deepandcalm

This presents a problem. Rory is right Egg have not sold the debt, probably because they know you are a homeowner. As you are a homeowner Egg will probably sue if you don't settle. I would take the £80 offer but on the condition Capquest can't review payments for at least five years. Egg are aggressively pursuing homeowners through the courts so act quickly.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Its says in order to stop this action you will need to establish a firm repayment plan of £80.00 per month. Is this a comittment on both sides if i keep a copy of this letter, or can they review anytime they feel like it. Likewise if i ask them to fix it for five years is this binding.