• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I need help please - ready to apply to Court ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya I have today received an "offer" from Capital One for £232, the total amount I wish to claim is £580. The letter states that as I signed the agreement and agreed to the original terms and conditions. Do I now have to accept this offer because of this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

thank you

Many thanks Lindy youre a star.

One final question. They have responded very quickly right from the start, what time scale shall I set with regards to this rejection letter?

thank you

14 days is the normal time scale. Some have used 10 days to get an answer.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

Capital One has offered me £232 when in fact they owe me £580. I have rejected their 'goodwill' offer and I have just received a standard letter back saying this is their final offer. I am now ready to move to issuing Court papers and have not got a clue. I live really near to a County Court and intend to go in in person, am I able to? And what do I say as I have not got a clue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi scally (are you really a scally???)

Yes, you can file in person Take 3 copies of this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html and use this template http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html to fill in the details. You will need to change some of the details so make sure you read it carefully and ask any questions

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Lol depends what you deem a Scally!

thank you so much for the info. Am I able to get the forms from the County Court direct? I dont have a printer but might just invest in one if I cant get the forms direct

Many thanks

Yes, you can pop into your local court and they will give you the relevant forms along with the notes on how to complete the forms. If they are very nice they might spare you the time if you have any more questions, however, I expect they are run off their feet at the mo, lol :lol:

Good Luck.

Don't worry there are plenty of kind people here willing to offer you advice.

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

Hi again, ive had a look at submitting my court papers online and it is going to cost me £80, does this sound right for the £590 that I am claiming?

Wanted to check before I paid it!

many thanks in advance

Scally's a scouse word for "scoundrel" or "vicky pollard" isn't it? (no offence by the way;) ) Yes £80 sounds about right. You can pick up a printer pretty cheaply and if you have any other claims to make it would be well worth the investment.

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

lol maybe a slight scoundrel ok I hold my hands up! But Vicky Pollard??? thats way below my geordie belt! hehe

Just wanted to check as I though maybe that was too high at £80, great I shall get that paid and away we go!

I think a printer will be a good idea just for general use, always there.

Many thanks, you guys are brill!:D

£300.01 - £500 - £50

£500.01 - £1,000 - £80

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Timescales from filing through the courts are as follows:

The court will allow 5 days for the claim to be deemed served, the defendant will the get 14 days to acknowledge the claim. If they acknowledge the claim, which they usually do, they will then be given a further 14 days to submit their defence....this is usually left til the last minute by all the banks.

So 33 days in all from date of filing. As for after this timescale it really does vary, it will depend on what directions the Judge gives etc.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi, they seem to be acknowledging the claim within 2 weeks and then entering a defence at the same time as they offer to settle. If all goes according to form you'll get a settlement offer in around 4 weeks

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

On the online site it is asking me to check one of the following boxes

The defendant has not filed an admission or defence to my claim

or

The defendant admits that all the money is owed

not sure if I have to do this now or later? Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, Ive just received an Acknowledgement of Service in which Cap One have ticked the box "I Intend to defend all of this claime" is this normal or does this mean they are goind to do just that? Any advice would be great.

This is normal... not long now..

uK

WARNING TO ALL