signature looks dodgy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have had a copy of a credit agreement back from thames credit but other half's signature doesn't look like his at all. However mine does there again they have had my sig on letters before.

has this happened to anyone else?

DCA's have been known to scan signatures from your correspondence with them and paste them on to a credit agreement. Usually the scanned signature has a slightly grainy grey outline to it.

It may also be worthwhile scanning the agreement in (removing all personal details first) as it may not be enforceable even it hasn't been forged.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

my signature does look grainy while the one supposed to be other half's is very black. Wish I could send someone the 2 signatures.

I'ld be happy to scan for you. If you want, PM me and i'll give you my address, send me what's to be scanned and a SAE and i'll scan and return either prints or .jpg's on a c.d. (ROM). Original doc's sent back with SAE etc...

Regards, Dave.

If you are unhappy about the state of the signatures write and tell them that you are not convinced they have complied with the CCA request and invite them to b******r off or take you to court.

If they take the latter step they will have to produce the original documents to show the judge and if they can't - well would you be impressed?

What absolutely appalling allegations. If anyone thinks a DCA forge documents go to the police. It is a MAJOR crime.

Would a DCA with a multi million £ turnover really do this for a measly debts? Obviously no. People signatures change over many years.

[edited]

3 posts unapproved.

Please refrain from name calling and other slagging matches, and that applies to everyone.

Ramese, for info, there are ongoing investigations into different "financial institutions" (which shall rename nameless for obious reasons at this point ;-)) where CAG has unveiled considerable evidence that this is exactly what has been done. Whether this is the case here or not, I can not say, but don't dismiss the possibility out of hand. You'd be surprised. :-)

"DCA's have been known to scan signatures from your correspondence with them and paste them on to a credit agreement"

Proof? Details of Court hearing? If a DCA has been KNOWN to do this, why isn't there some EVIDENCE?

Because it doesn't happen that's why.

Rameses

There are 'bad apples' in every group of society, as I'm sure you'll agree.

As an intrinsically honest person, I have to say that I partially agree with your position that debt evasion does not benefit society as whole.

Laws, however, must be obeyed - by us all.

As a former DCA (I'm guessing), your viewpoint has a place on this site - perhaps expressed more informatively than confrontationally.

HTH,

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

Some of the so called CCA agreements that members have posted on here have so obviously been cobbled together that a blind man on a galloping horse couldnt fail to spot the inaccuracies. A five yr old child could do better

Bookworm ...Why you didn't reply to my PM :confused:
I think you may find that due to the sensitivity of the information and the facthat the DCAs monitor this forum you will find that nothing will be disclosed re this matter until its in the public domain. Im sure the wait will be worth it

"DCA's have been known to scan signatures from your correspondence with them and paste them on to a credit agreement"

Proof? Details of Court hearing? If a DCA has been KNOWN to do this, why isn't there some EVIDENCE?

When my first loving and heartwarming letter arrived from a certain company a year ago, I obviously tried googling them, having never heard of them, what came up was a LOT of hits where people were talking about their CCA's being returned from this company with signatures that didnt remotely resemble their own, or, their signature had changed over the years, and their 3 or 4 year old agreements were arriving with their current up to date signature!.

It is due to this that I have created a new signature for any correspondance with debt collectors, similar but different (and proveably so given that my usual sig appears on bank cards (and my banks IT system) and other things) enough that any attempted forgery will be spotted immediately. The claims, and the amount of those claims I got made THAT much of an impression on me....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because, as as site mod, I used to log in every day and have a full inbox (and mine is set at 100 messages), about 95 of which would be: "hi (if I was lucky that they should be that polite!), where do I find the letter wot I need to get my money back?" or of the same level.

• Haha 1

Thanks for your reply Bookworm ,

I do understand, as I run a support channel on-line and it can get heavy going at times. That's the 'price' we pay for giving our time freely though, and I for one wouldn't have it any other way.

Kindest wishes,

BB

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they (some of them) tried forging signatures and documents. Wake up disbelievers! And when I phoned up one agency about my father they refused to discuss the account without his permission. This was later sorted out, but at the time they were still willing to take a payment from me though! Surely that is against the Data Protection Act? I could have said I want to pay it all. They would have had to have told me the total owed for that to be possible. If I phoned up and said what does Joe Bloggs owe they would quote the Data Protection Act. If you want to make a payment it's all too different!

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I have evidence, it does happen, and all on a loan I paid back 2 years ago.

I sent one signed letter to a DCA with a different signature on it and guess what the alledged agreement had on it?

The debt collecting industry is really quite appalling.