zeethat

Defence document from wragg & Co ***SETTLED***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4249 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A & L Claiming £680 offered £280 and rejected.

Just recieved a defence doument from Wragg's defending the claim outling all the details ect; any one know if I have to respond to this document or not:confused: ??.

No court date either? hoping for an improved offer before the 16th June deadline.

PS: The Court says Northampton County Court, I assumed it was going to be in Birmingham, do i have to go to Northampton if we get to court stage???

Cheers

Many thanks Zee

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

If you filed with Money claim online, the matter will be transferred to your local court.

No you don't need to do anything at this stage with the defence, just wait for the court to be in touch and let you know what part is next.

The defence is normal, so to stay ahead and be prepared, it is worth reading this link!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

All the best.

CJ

Ok Thanks very much for the info CJ ;)

COURT BUNDLE details need Please.

Hi, I need to get together my court Bundle for Monday 30 July ( in court 14/8 )

Can some one please give me some idea of what documents I need to send to the court and Wragg's these documents.

Thanks for your help.

The contents of your bundle depends on the directions given to you by the court. Read these theads for further information: GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages and Basic Court Bundle and Examples of Witness Statements / Disclosure by List / Draft Directions / Case Summary

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks hedgey06

It just states that each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents.

So is that all the letters I have send and received and do it on an itemised spread sheet.

Do you know if I have to send copies of the statements covering the last 6 years, I certainly hope not.

Cheers

Hi all, can anyone help me, It appears I may have miscalculated the 8% charges somehow on my original claim.

I had claimed £82.76 in interest charges, but after re-entering the figures again on one of the spread sheets it comes to £130.18.

Do I stick with the original amount I asked for or use the new figure.

Many Thanks

Hi,

This would depend really on if you have filed your claim or not.

If you have filed then an amendment would cost you £35 and is not recoverable, if you haven't filed then you can amend figures up to the date of filing claim.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Well I have the court date of 14 Aug and are now about to send to the court and Wraggs the full court bundle ect: So can I send the new figure or not????

Thanks

Can any one help please, I am just putting my case bundle together.

Do I need to send the copies of all past 6 years bank statements, or just take them with me.

If I do need to send them do I just send the copies of the statements that any charges appear on.

THANK YOU

hi zeethat

if you wish to amend your claim figure-

you will need to complete

Forms N1 and N244

which are downloadable from this site.

If you go ahead with your amendment,

and as you now have a Court Date for

14 August,

you will need to send these two forms

to your local Court with a cheque for £35.

if you need any more help,

just post another message and someone

will come along to give you some help

good luck

alice x

hi zeethat

me again,

just looking at your figures

it may not be financially viable

for you to complete the forms

seeing as the difference is only £47.72

£ 130.18 less £ 82.76 = £47.72 extra monies to be claimed back

but: cheque to court would be £35.00

meaning you would only be £12.42 better off ? !

You might be best speaking with the court

direct, and asking if they will let the figures

stand as they are, or whether you still need

to complete Forms N1 and N244,

in view of the small amount involved.

i wish you good luck with your claim

alice x

good morning Zeethat

Yes Zeethat, Regarding your Court Bundle

You need Copies of All the Bank Statements

that Show the Bank Charges taken from you by Alliance & Leicester

to go into your Court Bundle.

Only the Bank Statements that show the charges.

Use a Highlighter pen on each Payment taken from your Account

Good luck Zeethat

alice x

Hi Zeethat

Can you please type out your

Directions from the Court

onto this thread -

word for word as they appear on the Document

and then we can help you get your Court Bundle together.

good luck

alice x

Hi Alice

It says, District Judge has considered the statements of case allocation questionaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims court.

Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including any expert report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing.

The original documents to be brought to the hearing.

===========

With regard to the interest it was at the time on 11June when I wrote to Wraggs £82.11, but as I am filling in the spread sheet to send to the court at todays date the interest figure has gone up, so I unsure which one to use. The £82.11 which I was claiming on the 11th June

or I use the uptodate figure at todays date.

Hi all just need some help on the following.

Just about to send the court bundle in, I have printed of the latest schedule of charges including the 8% interest.

The 8% figure at todays date higher than mentioned in previous correspondence to wraggs on 21 June.

Which figure do I send to the courts???

As of 21st June or as of Today or neither just itemise all charges that appear on statements.

Thanks

Yes, the interest varies according to which date you work it out on:rolleyes:

I'd stick with your original one, or it will only complicate matters. Thinking about it, I would say you'd probably HAVE to stick with the original amount of interest, as that's what it was when you instigated your claim.

Hope this helps.

Mimi x

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Ok many thanks :)

Didn't we all send our statements when we registered the claims in the first place?Do we have to send them again as the court and the bank already have copies they can look at.In fact that is what they must look at to file a defence.:?

I didnt send the statements when I registered the claim, I shall just send the ones with the charges on when I send my bundle of other stuff to the courts to be sure.

Didn't we all send our statements when we registered the claims in the first place?

Hopefully we didn't

Do we have to send them again as the court

Yes you need them for your court bundles

Didn't we all send our statements when we registered the claims in the first place?Do we have to send them again as the court and the bank already have copies they can look at.In fact that is what they must look at to file a defence.:?

When the claim was first registered, it was the charges spreadsheet showing the charges which should have been submitted. The bank statements should have been used to produce the charges schedule in summary form, but should have been retained by you.

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

i have just won my case.. you just send the copy statements with the charges on in your court bundle... but you will need to take both copy ones and the original ones to court with you. if it gets that far. and i know it wont go to court.

Cheers all for your help, I'll keep in touch to let you how things go. 4 weeks to go:D

Many Thanks Zee

Hi All, I am sending my bundle off Monday, the T&C's I am sending with my bundle are the ones I have downloaded from the current A&L web site as I dont have my old T&C's from 9 years ago, will this be ok do you think.

Many Thanks ZEE