Non Compliance Abbey

surprise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent DPA letter 13th April, received only 1 year's statements. Then received a spreadsheet with no dates. Since which time I have written two more letters for the information requested but nothing. What is the best way to proceed? I have threatened ICO which I will do, but what else should I be doing.

Any help offered appreciated.

Hi surprise.......

.......it's no surprise.....if you'll pardon the pun!

Abbey have also failed to comply with my S.A.R. I sent them an LBA and today received a bizarre letter offering me a GOGW for £690....how do I know how many thousands they owe me if they won't give me the statements?!!

I've asked for help on my thread.....all I can suggest at this stage is check mine, and i'll check yours....hopefully someone will come along and help soon!!

All the very best

Clarion

You can ask the court for (i think its called) pre action disclosure. Basically, if you need information to be able to start a claim you can go through the courts to get it..... i don't know too much about it 'yet'. but looks like it may be the way to go as demonstrates unreasonable behaviour for the latter stages which could be helpfull.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

I found a letter in templates which gives them a final 7 days before I have to take out a court so will send this. Seems rather churlish of Abbey to do this sort of thing, its not as if its going to go away.

thanks and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

They have sent some some through, but not all, a letter of apology. I did actually put an official complaint in re non compliance. All they have actually sent is statements for some periods then a spreadsheet for 2004/05. You should have had something by now.

I did receive the 2004/05 spreadsheet. My wife also spoke to someone at Abbey who stated the statements were sent mid may, but nothing turned up. Hence why I sent the 7 day LBA, thats now up and I guess I have to now move onto the next step and file a complaint at court!

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise... how are you getting on with your claim. I'm quite surprised at how much I have paid in charges, some 9100, no flamin wonder I was overdrawn!! They never helped when I asked either, just piled more charges on! I do hope they let me get to the court bit as the interest is over 2600!!!!! Anyway good luck with yours.