claiming twice from halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i'm new to this site, last year with the help of a solicitor i claimed back charges from the halifax, since october 06 though i started getting charged again (this process occured when my card details were stolen by someone at my phone company and took my account over my overdraft) this then turned into a downward spiral and the bank charges racked up again. i Have sent letters and all i have recieved back is the halifax saying they paid out last time as a gesture of goodwill and are not prepared to refund any of my charges. In 5 months they have totalled over £1000!! i have sent off my claim to the courts, what i wanted to know has anyone been in this situation of having to claim twice with the same bank if so is the process the same and are they likely to take it further any help

alex

If you do multiple claims on a sinlge account, the bank may close your account. Just because they have made a "Goodwill gesture" doesn't mean that you can't claim again (unless you signed something telling them that you would not do another claim against them). Have you got a parachute account incase they close your account?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

yes i have an accoutn which i havent used in ages with natwest which has a perfect credit rating. is it likely that they will close my accounts even though they have never said anything about it to date? one of the accounts i am claiming from is a student account with a large overdraft does this make any difference or can they still just close it and tell me to pay back the overdraft?

They will threaten you with closure, yes, but to date, I don't think they actually have.

They will also say they won't pay up, but they will. And will lecture you AGAIN about keeping your account in order. And will threaten to close your account again. All par the course with them. :rolleyes: