BankFodder BankFodder

Silver Samsung

Capital One: What Charges to Claim ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4657 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello :)

I would like to put a claim into Capital One for charges that have occured on my Credit Card Account. What charges can i claim back ?

Late payment Fee Charges that have occured ?

Interest ( Applied ) that has been added?

OverLimit Fee that has been charged ?

Thanks ;-)

Silver Samsung

Yes to all of the above, although with regards to the interest you can only claim a proportion of this which relates to the charges applied on the account.

Enter all the charge details into one of the spreadsheets which will help you calculate this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Start a thread in the Capital One forum and keep that thread updated with your progress and any queries you may have.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/

Best of luck with your claim.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Hi Trish76

Many thanks for your quick reply and help on what charges I can claim back. I will start a thread in the Capital One forum and keep it updated. ;)

Hello :)

I have just posted my 3rd letter to Capital One which is the Letter Before Action and given Capital One 14 days to reply.

All the letters I have sent have been signed for with no replys, and i will update if i hear from Capital One or not, with what action i will be taking. :-)

***Offer Been Made***

I have been made an offer from Capital One do i except? This is what was written in letter received:

Whilst we do not accept liability for your claim, I have in an effort to reslove this matter without the need for a court hearing, today refunded a total of £1188.89 to your account. These refunds include £884 for all the fees we have charged you, £92.08 which is the amount of purchase interest we have charged you on the fees and the £212.81 you have requested for the 8% interest you are intitled to claim. You will see these refunds on your 10th October statement.

The last statement I received dated 10/09/2007 I owed £1,278.81 ... the claim I put in with charges was a total of £1594.06 and capital one have offed me £1188.89 off of what I owe.

Do I except this offer or send a letter telling them I will except this as a part payment and still go a head with court action for full claim. ?

Will i loose this offer if I continue to take my claim to Court ?

Hi Silver Samsung

Can you post a thread under Capital One, so that we can keep an eye on your progress?..

Uk

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Thread moved to Captial One forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.