Snooperace V Barclays bank - Out to get ye!

snooperace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

One other thing I have found Dino's details but could anyone tell me if there is a templet letter on this site for asking for a settlement as I am not to sure what would be the best way to word it.

What happened to integrity in business?:cool:

This worked for me - eventually!

I think Daren originally posted it on the 'good or evil' thread. Basically it's one of their standard letters turned around...:D

Barclays Legal and Litigation

Level 29

BARCLAYS BANK PLC

1, Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

July **, 2007

Re: ********* vs. Barclays Bank

County Court Claim no. ********

I have received notice from ****** County Court that a hearing for this case has been scheduled before District Judge *****, at **.**am on **th July.

I realise from your defence that you do not agree with my legal analysis that the charges levied to my account amount to penalty clauses and are deemed unfair. I do however recognise the fact that the sum at issue between us is relatively modest and as such, it is not cost effective for either party to take the matter to trial. Therefore in order to avoid the inevitable time and cost associated with pursuing the claim to trial I am willing to settle the claim upon repayment of the charges applied to my account, together with statutory interest (according to the enclosed updated schedule of charges) and costs totalling £****.**.

Only once in receipt of cleared funds will I then discontinue all action against Barclays in connection with this claim.

However, in the event that you would prefer this matter to continue to Court, then let me assure you that I have every intention of pursuing the claim.

Yours sincerely,

(Consumer Advice Group)

Thanks again to Daren.

This Does work - I WON!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...