Urgent advice needed?

NZ2506
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Forgot to cancel Direct Debits (x5) and there was only £10 in my account. NationWide didn't pay the Direct Debits but charged me £160 because there wasn't enough funds for the DDs. This made my account go into the minus.

Since then NW has been charging £20 every month for the unauthorised draft.

It's digusting, they made themselves £260 for doing nothing!

I Received a letter from NW saying:

Action Required by you:

(1) to reapy the overdraft in full

(2) to return all unused cheques, guarantee cards & FlexAccount Cards still in your possession.

If the action required by this notice is taken before the 08/06/07 (today), no further enforcement action will be taken.

If you do not take the action required then the furhter action set out below may be taken against you.

Further Action: We may commence legal proceedings to recover the overdraft in full.

What can they do?

What shall I do?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

At the end of the day Nationwide will say that you are at fault for not having sufficient funds in the account to met the DD's but then they have casued you to be futher in the mire by the charges thay they have imposed.

Why not send them the prelim letter asking for the charges to be repaid and then by doing this I think that it will mean that your account is in dispte and they cannot take any further action on the account until the dispute is settled.

Can someone else confirm this please.

Ta

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

My advice would be to start a claim against the bank to recover these charges.

The bank is within it's right to ask for the return of cheques and cards etc but wont be able to take any further action against you while the account is in dispute (which is what it will be if you start a claim against them).

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Confirmed PPMAN.....:D

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advice.

Do I need to phone them today, as it's the action date, and tell them that I started the process of claiming the charges or just send them the first template letter?

Will phoning them be enough to stop them taking "legal proceedings" against me?

They offered to stop charging me the monthly £20 as long as I agree to pay them £20 monthly but I refused.

Shall I agree to pay them the monthly £20 and claim that later?

I no longer use this account so I don't care if they close it. I just don't want anything that would affect my credit ratings.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

If I phone them & tell them that I am desputing the charges will that be enough to force them to stop any legal proceeding against me?

Thnx

If you do phone them always make sure that you confirm the conversation by sending them a letter.

That way they cannot deny that you have been in contact with them./

PPMAN

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

The same happened to me when by accident I paid a bill on the web for large car repair out of second account not first account. i was just heading off to the airport at the time and simply in error selected wrong account to pay from. I had more than sufficient monies between the accounts. I went off on holiday to return 14 days later to find that 10 dierct debits had been recalled etc. £300 due to nationwide in charges from a pure accidental error, no sympathy from them at all, hence my now action against them. However I did complain bitterly at the time and they put me through to a department where they gave me option of paying the £300 bank charges off at £30 per month so try this if you skint.

The same happened to me when by accident I paid a bill on the web for large car repair out of second account not first account. i was just heading off to the airport at the time and simply in error selected wrong account to pay from. I had more than sufficient monies between the accounts. I went off on holiday to return 14 days later to find that 10 dierct debits had been recalled etc. £300 due to nationwide in charges from a pure accidental error, no sympathy from them at all, hence my now action against them. However I did complain bitterly at the time and they put me through to a department where they gave me option of paying the £300 bank charges off at £30 per month so try this if you skint.

Can you claim the monthly £30 with the rest of the charges?

Does anyone advice me to do the same i.e agree to pay the monthly £20 then claim that back with the rest of the charges?

Is that safer then phoning them & telling them that I disputing the charges?

Thanks.

The £30 per month represents the charges. There were 10 of them and I am paying each one off at one per month + interest of course!!! it is a sort of reducing overdraft the extent of which = total of charges.

Yes they are still charges and I pursuing my £300 back at this moment in time. I have just issued proceedings.

• 3 weeks later...
The £30 per month represents the charges. There were 10 of them and I am paying each one off at one per month + interest of course!!! it is a sort of reducing overdraft the extent of which = total of charges.

Yes they are still charges and I pursuing my £300 back at this moment in time. I have just issued proceedings.

Hi,

Any news about your claim against Nationwide?

Did you get your £300 back?

Thanks.