Have i done the right thing....

kez74

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Hope someone can help. I sent the first letter requesting a refund of bank charges some four weeks ago and got no response what so ever..so i have sent off the second letter requesting a refund in seven days etc.

Have i done the right thing. I waited four weeks surely that is enough time. Any advice would be most welcome

...so i have sent off the second letter requesting a refund in seven days etc.

Have i done the right thing...Any advice would be most welcome

Why have U allowed ONLY 7 days for your LBA to be answered satisfactorily, before commencement of Court proceedings, when the general advice is to allow 14 days??

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

I sent the first letter which allows 14 days for a response..after waiting four weeks i still had no reply so i used the following letter from this website...............................

Ref: Account number: [your account number]

This letter is in reference to my earlier claim for [insert total charges here] made on [insert date of second letter].

I have not received a satisfactory response to my earlier request for charges which I believe were unlawfully applied to my account.

Under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, charges must reflect administration costs and cannot be punitive.

The [insert total charges] charges are unlawful as they do not reflect the true cost of going into an unauthorised overdraft. As a result, I intend to claim the full amount plus interest and court fees through the county court.

I look forward to a full response to this letter within seven working days, otherwise I will commence court proceedings.