Contract??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning :) Am in the process of claiming for my other half - my claim was easy just did the MCOL & the cheque arrived - but with his Wragge & Co are involved - so it is at court bundle time now! I think I have everything that we need (thanks to all the other posters & info from this site!) but have asked for the contract - by this do they mean the T&C's that would have been valid at the time of the account being opened?

As far as I know there is no real contract cos when you apply for an account you arent given a signed copy of your application form & get no other docs to sign as far as I can remember?

think it will be the t &c cos I opened my account over the phone in 1999 and did not sign anything that I can recall. Just received cheque book and debit card in the post Welcome to the Alliance & Leicester!!! yeah right..

kate

Fab! Ta :) Just got to start printing all the letters & supporting stuff off now! I doubt that it'll actually get to court & I'm annoyed that they are dragging their heels (and making me waste paper!!)

Kate - if you never signed anything how can they say you agreed to the T&C's?! lol!! And if A&L can't proved a copy of the signed agreement (unlikely) how can they rely on it as evidence? Cos I'm assuming that the evidence we have been asked for is the same as the evidence A&L will be asked for? hmmm, wonder if it'll just get ruled by default if they can't provide all the stuff the court wants..... (fingers crossed eh?!)

I know daft isn't it. I know I remember thinking that it was very easy to open the account over the phone. Don't remember signing anything but then this could be one of the those blonde senior moments lol.. I dont know what the court will want cos its not even gone to judge yet but would think that if they ask for anything A & L cant produce then the judge wont be too happy.