Megan V Barclaycard

megan34

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just starting my claim on barclaycard now and have sent for sar - this I was told would take 40 days as they were inundated. they said it should be resolved by june 8th. Yesterday - june 7th they arrived - well not all.

this was inthe letter:

' Enclosed you will find copies of your credit card statements from june 2004 to the present time. These statements are stored on computer. We will be sending your statements prior to this date later. These later statements are stored on microfilm (rather than computer) and,take more time to search and reproduce. We will get this information to you as soon as we can. This is likely to be within the next 6 weeks or so.

Statement requests are being processed in the order in which they have been received to seek to ensure fairness. The Data Protection regulator,the Information Commissioner,has been made aware of the position and knows that we are writing to you in these ternms. The information Commissioner is also aware that whilst we are endeavouring to supply this information as quickly as we can,we do not consider that the microfilm statements fall within the scope of the Data protection Act 1998. Nevertheless,we are happy to provide these as a gesture of goodwill.'

So Ive already waited 40 days now I have to wait another 6 weeks or more? can they do this?. The statements they have sent me already have around £700 on them in charges.:o Any advice on what I can do next?

I would think that whether your info is held on computer or fiche it must still fall within the scope of the Data Protection Act.

Suggest you read through other Barckaycard posts to see what people have done in this situation.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok On June 20th after yet another 'fob off letter ' from Barclaycard , I sent them a fax and letter dated 20th stating that they had now failed to comply etc, and that they had 7 days before I took action through the court to force them to comply. 6 days later I get another fob off letter! - it says they are very busy and working through them all in order blah blah and if they dont here from me within 8 weeks they will assume that my complaint is resolved:o .

I cant believe they dont take people seriously!.I first asked for my S.A.R on April 26th. - what do I do now? :? They are taking no notice. its over 60 days now and have still only sent me 2 years worth of statements.

Hi

Yes I pointed out to them that they were wromg about microfiche in a previous letter - still got same standard reply and the other link to the court claim - I started to fill it in but got confused as to which one applied to my situation and what to write - if anyone can help me onthis then thats the way I would like to proceed by getting a court to force them to comply.

Hi

Yes I pointed out to them that they were wromg about microfiche in a previous letter - still got same standard reply and the other link to the court claim - I started to fill it in but got confused as to which one applied to my situation and what to write - if anyone can help me onthis then thats the way I would like to proceed by getting a court to force them to comply.

Megan.. Hi.. Have you sent the Non Compliance Letter ?

I invested £7.00 in the CAG envelope labels, sent my letter and got my statements in 7 days.....I will forward a couple of names and numbers when i get home, MUCH later. You are wasting your energy by worrying, they do things at THEIR pace and they know it will take months to get them into court, and will probably have provided the statements long before then..You are not the first to feel angry, try to think of it as a piggy bank, but with interest.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Sorry its so late.....

Try Janet Ragan 0870 154 0154.....

Tell them i said phone ( just kidding ) It worked for me though....

Good luck..........

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Update -

I sent them another fax and a letter telling them that I intend to take them to court to make them comply and provide me with the other 4 years statements and I telephoned to today to see what they say now and I am informed that the other 4 years statements were posted out to m eon June 29th so considering the post strike - I should have them int he next few days - that is of course assuming that they are not going to use the postal strike to claim that they must be lost in the backlog of post!

Also after complaining the last time -they seem to have taken back some charges for last month - (nice) unfortunately they also need to take off about another £2000.00 I reckon:) :grin: :-D:)

OMG! - Ive actaully received them:) well im off to total up how much they owe me - ive only asked for 8% inthe past claims I had with others but this time Id liek to ask for the higher interest - but it all seemed a bit confusing - any advice on how to work it out - the EASY way please:) :)

Megan ..Quiet simply NO i havent got a clue....

One thing i do know from the threads i have read, is that they are more likely to defend vigorously if your claim includes CCI..

Does 8% not sound appealing enough if you are not 100% sure of CCI....

Just a thought...

Yes I claimed 8% on others I was just going to give it a shot on this one but I cant make head nor tale of it! - I dont want to risk making mistakes so ive just added 8%:)