direct debits-the problem.

tezl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just deviating a bit and more for the future, for debate on the site when the dust has settled on charges. do not know if it has been talked about before.the only way to pay most bills is by d d s this has been more or less forced on us by companys who we deal with on a regular basis.just had flyer from barclays wanting me to take out buisness insurance, must be paid in full, or by d d. if you want it and cannot afford full payment your trapped.they must calculate if they sell so many a certain percentage will incure charges, the same for all d ds , by other companys as well,they must rub their hands together, more charges please.you may save 20 quid a year by paying by dd, but its most probably cost 50 in charges.i liked the old way get a bill ,most probably wait for red letter,nip to post office and pay up when i had the money,but the timing was in my hands. all these bank branches, post offices closing is partly due to dds,wages, benifits, payed automaticly.they should not be able to dictate how we pay our bills, the customer must have a choice.no dds,no charges.. well done again pj. thanks.

like i say do not know if c a g have this in their sights or not ,but i am going to start asking for bills sent to me.thing is 4.50. is cheap compared to 35.00 charges.

Do you really think, when the dust settles on the charging business, the banks will still be charging £35 a time?

I understand your position, but I personally like DD's. Means less work for me, and no need to spend my lunch hour queueing in banks and Post Offices.

;)

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Yes i do think the banks will continue .... at least until they are forced to change unfortunately

For every one of us that claims our charges back there must be a heck of a lot more that dont

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Do you really think, when the dust settles on the charging business, the banks will still be charging £35 a time?

I understand your position, but I personally like DD's. Means less work for me, and no need to spend my lunch hour queueing in banks and Post Offices.

;)

if your right that they will reduce charges how do you think they will make up defficite. big charge for paying our dds. perhaps?

They won't stop charging at the present level until government stops them. I'm sure this will happen eventually. They will still charge, but a lesser amount. It remains to be seen how they make up the 'deficit', perhaps by posting lower profits? Yeah, right.

Don't for one minute think I support the banks, I wouldn't be on here if I did. Change will be slow, but it WILL come, in my opinion.

Anyway, don't forget that ANY charge for a service has to be 'fair and reasonable' in law. Maybe in 5 years time we'll all be on here fighting to have a £?? DD charge refunded!

;)

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

They won't stop charging at the present level until government stops them. I'm sure this will happen eventually. They will still charge, but a lesser amount. It remains to be seen how they make up the 'deficit', perhaps by posting lower profits? Yeah, right.

Don't for one minute think I support the banks, I wouldn't be on here if I did. Change will be slow, but it WILL come, in my opinion.

Anyway, don't forget that ANY charge for a service has to be 'fair and reasonable' in law. Maybe in 5 years time we'll all be on here fighting to have a £?? DD charge refunded!

;)

sorry

i did not say before but i am talking from a selfemployed point of view, where for most of the time i do not know when or if money will hit my account thats why i have it in for most dds. cheers.

I appreciate where you're coming from. I don't like it that people are FORCED to do ANYTHING, whether it be paying by DD or carrying ID cards (don't get me started!), this is supposed to be a free country, after all!

;)

I appreciate where you're coming from. I don't like it that people are FORCED to do ANYTHING, whether it be paying by DD or carrying ID cards (don't get me started!), this is supposed to be a free country, after all!

;)

its called the nanny state and this goverment has been,or should i say are being the grandma of them all.anyway better whatch it, be getting told off for diversifying.