Please comment on the new SAR generator here

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try the new Subject Access Request Generator

here

Please do let us have your comments so that we can correct and refine.

Post your comments in this thread.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely fantastic and very easy to use. Well done, will save many people many hours of work

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Concur with the previous posters.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

This is all very nice - but surely we can't have got this right first time.

We had been hoping for criticism please so that it can be improved or corrected.

You've done it now, BF.

Next we'll want the address, bank, account no etc standing data on the User CP area of CAG, which gets picked up automatically at each stage. This new system will produce all required letters, always the most up to date version, automatically diary dates and events, offer guidance and explanations, follow through with case management decisions, and email reminders at key dates.

A modified (ironically role reversed) CRM system (Customer relationship management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) ought to do it - a glorified diary/letter management package. Plenty of free ones on SourceForge. PHP/MySQL would be a good choice - make it easier to interface to the message board architecture.

SugarCRM looks like a candidate ... sweet... SourceForge.net: SugarCRM

Any techie CAG'ers got a bit of time on their hands?

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

EXCELLENT FORM AND VERY EASY TO USE - WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT CAG BY OUR SIDE? (WE'D BE 'LOST WITH ALL HANDS' AS THEY SAY AT SEA!)

BEST WISHES TO ALL - KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!:)

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

i have just tried it for a store card and when i printed out the letter it did not show the account number on it!!!!!!!

Halifax

Settled in Full

Cap One

Settled in Full

Citi Card

Settled in Full

Yes - no account number.

The bank address and my address are not properly aligned - aesthetically I believe they should start on the same line.

"Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request" - I also feel that this line should include "Full Disclosure"

For the notes/manual intervention - I believe it should include words to the effect "Where there has been no such intervention please confirm that no such intervention has taken place."

Oh - and under "other" we still only have financials. It would be good to have utilities, and other such companies...after all, they are almost as guilty as the banks in ripping off the customers...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest amethystdragon

No data for the bank on my letters either plus I tried adding in older addresses - this also didn't work

The tabbing for the additional fields in the wizard need looking at as well - you should be able to enter all the details for one address without being taken by the tabbing into the second address - it should be down then across not across then down

Although all that said - its amazing so far !!!

Great Idea. I've Used It For My Mortgage Charges But Had To Change The Bit About Handing Into My Local Branch As They Are Based In London. Also Not Keen On The 10 Pounds Bit. I Prefer £10.00. Otherwise I Love It!!!!!!!! Oh Yes The Account Number As Above

I made the point previously but will make it again.....

The banks seem to be a bit sly with these SARS and when sending out information, they only tend to send out what they are asked for. What I mean is, if someone only knows one account they hold with a bank but they have had 5 or 6 accounts, the Data Protection Act rules that the bank needs to provide ALL information they hold on you - therefore they need to send statements et al for the 5 or 6 accounts.

However, the banks tend to do what you ask them to do and just send information on one account because that is all you have listed in the SAR. This often leads to delays because the requestee has to write back again and again trying to get more information.

Whilst this SAR is nearer the mark because it doesn't list the account numbers in the letter (just simply for identification purposes), I think it needs to be to the point and making it absolutely clear that what is required is everything.

Words to the affect of....

Please note I require information on all accounts held by you, not limited to the accounts listed below.

JMO. Aside from that, this is a superb addition to this site. Well done whoever has developed this. May I suggest that a link to winzip and acrobat is placed somewhere (if it already hasn't already - might have m missed it)?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

May I suggest that a link to winzip and acrobat is placed somewhere (if it already hasn't already - might have m missed it)?
Or even 7Zip - which, unlike WinZip, is completely free to use...and, IMHO, far superior...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I tried this today, not that I actually needed it - I'm past that stage on all my claims!

It is incredibly simple to use, and I would very much like to see it extended to all the other letters and documentation that one needs to see through a claim for refund of bank charges.

As others have said before me, I would like to see the a/c number(s) appear on the letters if that was possible.

Many thanks to all for this - what would we do without CAG??????

Best regards - Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

Can the people who didn't have an account number please clarify. The account number is supposed to appear on a second page along with any other optional info that was input. Are you saying that you added an account number but it didn't appear on the second page?

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks