Gorge -v- Barclays - Help!

gorge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - I'm new to the Barclays forum, spent most of my time in Abbey and Capital one.

I have today received all my statements and have just reached a figure of £2,470 in charges alone. I'm probably going to go for the CCI on this one (have a capital one with CCI going through at the moment) How are Barclays on this? Will start to read through some "won" threads.

Strange feeling, can't believe I've paid all this money out, I feel so cross with myself but then on the other hand I feel excited that I will get it back!!!

On a negative note - I've waited nearly 3 months for these statements and then when they finally drop through my letter box my persian cat Timothy promptly does a wee on them!!! Great hey! :o

On a negative note - I've waited nearly 3 months for these statements and then when they finally drop through my letter box my persian cat Timothy promptly does a wee on them!!! Great hey! :o

He thinks the same about barclays as us then. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just finished completing my spreadsheet and the total charges = £2355 plus the compounded interest = £4599.71 at 24.90%. Total=£6954.71

Most of the charges go back to 2001,2002,2003 and 2004. This seems really high?

Can anyone point me in the direction of any threads which cover a battle with Barclays in relation to claiming compounded interest?

I've just finished one battle with Abbey and today won £4,000!!!

Thanks

SAINTS ALIVE Is THAT what CI does, i fell backwards off my chair then...Im going to get some spreadsheet training..If i go back to 1990 with my old business account i think i will buy a holiday home, Buckingham Palace maybe....I think im going to a solicitor, cant believe there arent pages and pages offering their services...

P.S. Thanx saintly 1 but this is BIG news...

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

P.P.S. way to go gorge, im really pleased for you, and sorry for gatecrashing your thread.. Good luck...

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Adding CCI will almost certainly double the size of your claim if you have charges going back years cause you will have earned the interest at that rate for a longer time. (Does that make sense?)

My MBNA claim started at around £800 and went up to £1500 with CCI and they paid out.

MBNA **WON** at prelim stage £1518.30 :)

Barclays claim for £1800:- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 / Prelim sent 20/02/07 / LBA sent 08/03/07 / N1 submitted 29/03/07 / AQ Submitted 11/05/07 / Defence struck out 05/06/07 / Judgement Order filed 07/06/07 /Cheque received and cashed 14/06/07 £2692.00

Can anyone point me in the direction of any threads which cover a battle with Barclays in relation to claiming compounded interest?

I'd like to see how they play it, are they much different to Abbey?

Thanks

:)