Fredrickson International

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm old enough - just ;)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 month later...

OK, well got a nasty pay up or else letter today from.......Robinson Way in Salford AND its for over £3k more. Looks like Fredrickson threw in the towel.

They are threatening Court Proceedings if there is no response within 10 days (note the letter was dated 19th December 2007 so I have only just got it!!!!!).

I have CCA'd them and sent it special delivery.

So, what do I need to know about this group of lowlife's?

Any advice anyone, or successes to tell?

I'm really depressed about this. Bummer. :(

Crappy New Year everyone!!!:p

Hi Lemma!

When i've had a debt passed on to a new DCA i took comfort in the fact that it usually means they do not have an agreement and are just hoping i will buckle under the pressure!

Keep at 'em 'cause once they click you know what you're doing they'll give in.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Ah yes, Robinson Way. Carlsberg don't make morons, but if they did...

When one DCA fails to comply with CCA, OC passing it to another seems to be standard practice. This has happened to me a number of times. I find it tiresome, and now respond this way:

Dear Pond Life

Thank you for your letter dated xxx. I am already dealing with another DCA in this matter. I have not been advised by the other DCA that they no longer have an interest in this matter, nor has the (OC) informed me that you are now acting from them, as required by the OFT guidance. You are no doubt also aware that the OFT guidance considers the involvement of more than one DCA an 'unfair practice'. Furthermore, a formal request pursuant to s77/78 of the CCA 1974 remains outstanding.

In the circumstances, I regret that I am unable to assist you further at this time. Take notice that any further attempted collection activity will therefore be viewed as harassment and reported accordingly.

Yours etc.

So far one 'new' DCA has dropped off the radar, and another assures me that they will be getting the OC to write to me - 6 weeks later, nothing heard. Given that DCAs operate largely by sending out template letters according to a standard timescale, anything that disrupts the standard process seems to throw them. At the very least it makes them do more work, and increases their costs - bonus!

Also for future reference you don't need to send a new CCA request, just inform the new DCA that your previous request is still outstanding and as such the account can not be enforced.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Marvellous! Thanks guys.

I have heard nothing from Fredricksons at all since I reminded them that they had not complied. Now this out of the blue.

At least the new CCA will stop them in their tracks.

I shall send the other letter as recommended by Percy above or the Scarlet Pimpenel as we all know and love him.

I love this site - restores my faith in mankind.

Oh, and has anyone noticed, we all get these blasted sh*tty letters on a Friday when there is really not much we can do but fret over the weekend?

Its a tactic by these creeps.

;) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya Emma :)

Subbing to your thread as I have just this minute received a phone call from Fredericksons International (who I have never had the pleasure of dealing with until today LOL).

The woman asked me my name and address so I said that as there was no way I knew who she was and am mindful of identity theft I was not prepared to answer her questions. She said it didn't matter because "correspondence is on its way". Well whoopie doo!! :rolleyes:

I have a feeling this may be Crapital One passing on an alleged debt they cannot enforce thru no CCA...but we shall see!

I'll start a separate thread on it when the "correspondence" arrives!!

Reading your thread has been very helpful x

Presume you've heard nothing more yourself yet Emma???

Love SG x

• Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.