Fredrickson International

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a thought lemma, it may be worthwhile checking your credit file to ensure that Fredrickson have not done a search on it to find you. If they've done a search it will leave a footprint on your file. Such a search without your permission would be in breach of The Data Protection Act 1998.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was thinking about how they would know where you worked. Your work details would be on your credit file.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You are absolutely right. Although my account was based at work intially it was moved very early on to my former home address where it has been for donkeys years then at my overseas address. My credit card etc is all under my work address too so it would explain how they found me, although they have never written, just rung. They may have been taking a punt but I shall check nonetheless.

I can only find a PO Box address for this lot, has anyone had any luck finding a proper address cos clearly if i am sending this recorded delivery/guaranteed delivery then they will need to sign for it and i am not sure how that works with a PO Box?:?:

Registration Number: Z548364X

Date Registered: 25 June 2001 Registration Expires: 24 June 2007

Data Controller: FREDRICKSON INTERNATIONAL LTD

Address:

DE HAVILLAND DRIVE

BROOKLANDS BUSINESS PARK

WEYBRIDGE

SURREY

KT13 0NT

They have rung me at work again, this time asking for me to be told that it is "very important" that i contact them as a matter of urgency. At least I have a reference number now.

I was hoping th get a PO Box set up before sending the letter i drafted but I think I shall just have to send it and hope for the best.

Wish me luck cos I feel a bit queezy now.:-|

Would someone be so kind as to tell me the exact wording for asking them to desist from contacting me by phone and visiting me with the guideline involved?

Thanks everyone for your support:D

Have a look at barracuds templates. There is a letter about them harassing you by phone. And please dont worry they will not visit you. I have had letters and postcards saying they will do a visit. It is a tactic to put the fear of god into you. Did you speak to themon the phone when they rang

The link to the letter is at the bottom of post #4.

You may also wish to note:

It is a criminal offence to leave grossly offensive messages over telephone or make indecent or obscene or menacing telephone calls or calls which cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety - Telecommunications Act 1984 . The criminal courts may in certain circumstances treat such harassment as grievous bodily harm if psychological damage results.

the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 makes it a criminal offence to pursue a course of conduct, which amounts to harassment of a person. This Act also creates a civil statutory tort of harassment, which enables a person to obtain a civil court injunction to stop harassment occurring and to claim damages where appropriate. This is a very important piece of legislation which can potentially provide protection in neighbourhood disputes, cases of racial harassment, bullying at work, confrontation with the media or stalking, as well as hate mail and persistent unwanted telephone calls.

Harassment is not defined in the Protection from Harassment Act and so it will be a matter for assessment based on each case. It has been established that publication of a series of newspaper articles by a newspaper can constitute a course of conduct amounting to harassment. However, there must be a course of conduct in order to bring a claim. This means that there must be at least two incidents representing harassment - i.e. more than one telephone call - and the person who is carrying out the harassment must know or ought to know that it would amount to harassment.

Hate mail is usually anonymous, but if it can be traced the sender can also be prosecuted under the Malicious Communications Act 1988 . This makes it an offence to send a letter or other article which conveys an indecent or grossly offensive message or a threat, or which contains information known to be false and the purpose of the letter is to cause distress or anxiety. The category of communications under this Act has now been expanded - by virtue of the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001 - to include electronic communications or articles of any description. This new definition will cover hate telephone calls, emails or text messages.

Well i sent my first letter out today asking them to identify themselves and what they wanted with me (£4.30 for a special delivery letter....BLIMEY:o ). Also asked them politely but firmly to stop calling me at work and quoted the various relevant acts of parliament for them to be chewing on.

Just hope it does not rattle their cages too much bearing in my I am only assuming i know what they want...cos I'm actually not sure. In my work if my oppo comes at me aggressively it just makes me stroppy back.

Golly, you have to have nerve to deal with these people haven't you?:-|

They are far more likely to attempt to harass you if they categorise you as vunerable. It is the same with any bunch of bullies.

I suppose it will depend upon whether or not the croney who opens up and reads my letter has the firms brain cell for the day.:p

You may well be right here. It seems to me that the DCA's work more effectively when they believe that the consumer is ignorant of the law and will shy away from taking on those who may actually be aware of their statutory rights. Well, as they say, the proof of the pudding....:)

• 2 months later...

Dont worry about Fredrickson, they are a not as bad as they try to act. I had them back off with a cca request and then a default letter to their head office. They passed my account back to original creditor and i've not heard from them since. You've not posted for a while, would be interested to know what is happening with this thread lemma.

I have heard nothing from them at all - i should send to them a cca default letter but I have been so busy that I have not yet done it.

I never received any acknowledgment from them for the CCA request and they are well into default territory now.

Not really sure if I should just leave it and not bother sending a default letter, or poke the bear and send one.

Any ideas would be welcome.

The same situation applies for MBNA as well as they sent me someone else's application. I am still paying them even though they have not complied. I have heard nothing from them since i asked for their complaints procedure. Not on really.

Have not kept up with all of this cos I have had so much work to do and just not enough time in which to get it all done.

• 1 month later...

Well, well, well. Months on I have received a reply to my CCA request.

It reads:

We refer to your recent letter (June!!!) or telephone conversation with this office.

Please find enclosed account documents, provided by our client, as requested.

We hope this clarifies matters and look forward to hearing from you with your proposals for the discharge of this account.

There is no CCA enclosed, just copy statements that don't even reflect the amount they are saying I allegedly owe.

what do I do now please?

Anyone got a letter in reply for me? Clearly no CCA = no enforceable debt but how do I put that across in a way that makes them understand?

Cheers folks.;)