Barclays collection agreement, broken by Barclays?

blfamily

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, ended up paying 3 months arrears on a credit card for my Barclay Loan. 1 of the arrears payments was my fault, due to no funds, the others caused by Barclays inability to do things on time :!:

Anyway an agreement was made to pay the April and May payment in the same month. I agreed to pay on 3 May and as normal on 26 May and had a letter confirming this. When I got my bank statement I was puzzled to why I had more money in the account than I should and noticed the bank failed to honour the agreement and did not collect the money. Now I did set a skip on the 26 April payment and checked that the May payment was still held. I informed the operator I had set a skip, to stop the April payment being returned - I was not advised to lift the skip, I expected them to take a one off payment.

Now Collections are ringing me and silent calling me, which I consider blattent harressment. I already have a complaint on going from when they made a silent call early on a Sunday morning, this will be 8 weeks old come a weeks time and will be refferred back to the FOS.

Have i inadvertatntly cocked up by setting a skip?

Why didn't Barclays contact me in May?

Help please

Well after writing the strongest of letters to HQ in Canary Wharf, I also going to ring them today to find out what has gone wrong - needless to say, I'll take my credit card with me, cos they will want some money off me.

Why don't they inform us earlier if things go wrong?

Why wait 2 months (effectively) before contacting me?

This does my head in, if it continues they won't get anything back as I won't be here to pay it...

obviously no one is interested.

I rang Barclays. Turns out they are missing the May payment and have no record of the early May payment either (puzzled) plus they claim that there is no standing order set up on the account - which there is and it hasn't been cancelled (not my me anyway).

Anyway, I paid them the May payment, as that all they wanted and found out the next payment is due on payday (phew!!!). And I am up to date!

Still doing the moan letter.

Im not sure that there is any help / advice that i can give perhaps you could try posting in the general section in the main section http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.