Yode v Natwest

yode
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

New to this site, I am really grateful for all the people posting on here and incredibly encouraged by all of you and the ongoing battles and victories over NatWest. This is my current situation:

NatWest current account

Requested statements: March 19th 2007

Sent first request: April 26th 2007 £2,800 no reply

Sent second request: May 10th 2007 no reply

Emailed complaint to NatWest as they hadn't responded according to their guidelines. May 22nd 2007

Received email: May 24th 2007 requesting that I wait 56 days from May 1st 2007.

Filled in mcol: June 11th 2007

Let's see if they acknowledge......

NatWest Credit card

Requested statements: May 1st 2007

Received offer: May 7th 2007 for £134 (based on £12 per charge)

Sent first request: May 14th 2007 for £331

Received same (and they said FINAL offerof £134): May 21st 2007

Filled in MCOL: June 3rd 2007

Received acknowledgement for mcol: June 9th, 2007

Waiting game.....

Looking forward to getting this over and done with, if I can help anyone else in the process please ask.

Good luck!

Yode

Yode v Egg - smashed after 4 weeks

Yode v NatWest battle to the end (mcols issued) waiting retaliation

Sign the petition to the Prime Minister here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/bankcourts/

Thanks

Hi yode

Welcome to the Nat West forum

Any suggestions welcome, should I wait? or go for it? I guess if I wait I will not get interest - I guess interest is just an added bonus?

Act on you rtimescales not theirs. If you gave them 2 weeks and the 2 weeks is up the start your claim. Put the interest in your claim. Just my opinion mind, it's your choice.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Thanks Steven

I think I will, although it seems to get dragged out once the courts become involved. Which route do you think is the best? to be honest I only looked into mcol as it can be done online but other people seem to think contacting the court is quickest.

Thanks for your help.

Yode

Yode

Thanks

I only looked into mcol as it can be done online but other people seem to think contacting the court is quickest.

That's the conclusion I've come to but there isn't a lot in it I don't think. The main advantage of going to your local court with a form N1 is that there is more room for your partticulars of claim and you don't get (so many) daft questions from Cobbetts. The reason why MCOL is a bit slower is that once Cobbetts say they are going to defend (which they almost always do) you have to wait while the case gets transferred to your local court.

Steven

• Haha 1

Yes I can see that if they are given more info from the outset it should prevent the too and fro-ing with Cobbets. I did think that the mcol was going to seem very vague when received by Natwest as they only really have my name to work from - ooo and I put a number as my ref that they might link to my other account that I haven't started claim on yet...ah well.

Thanks for your advice.

Yode

Thanks

I'd hang out for the interest. The courts are getting bunged up with claims so there's quite a delay on hearings, all the while this is going on you're daily interest is mounting up.

It's your choice, personally I would get as much as you can.

thanks funhat, the way things are at the moment with natwest not even responding to letters the interest is being added at the mcol stage.

On my first natwest claim they have acknowledged the mcol after 5 days but the photocopy they sent me is practically unreadable and is just signed 'trainee solicitor' - no name nothing! hope the trainee forgets to put in a defence!

Yode

Thanks

Hi to anyone interested in progress.

Well to day spoke to useless@natwest who seemed to have a totally different timescale to the one I initiated. I didn't get cross, just dissapointed and told them that I would not be waiting till mid July 2007 for a response to my letter dated 26th April 2007. So I have just spent the last £120 in my account on mcol - just hope this makes them wake up and realise we all mean business!

The boy on the phone didn't know anything, couldn't tell me anything, didn't know if the people I had written to existed even - it took me over 30 minutes in a phone line. I tell you, I will not be wasting any more time.:p

Yode

Thanks

The boy on the phone didn't know anything, couldn't tell me anything, didn't know if the people I had written to existed even

No change there then?! Good luck yode - time to do a bit more waiting now! Hedgey x;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi I was just wondering if there is anyone recently that has got their money back from Natwest without taking them to court. Or at least as far as they are making us all - not doing all the paper work before they settle? or settling after the letters stage?

I cannot believe that they are wasting all of this time and money on solicitors knowing that they will not go to court.

Yode

Thanks

As far as I can tell the answer is yes to almost everyone providing they are not claiming interest

Steven

Loads of peeps have got their money back without going to court. Trouble is, nutty west seem to move at a snails pace and they work to a completely different timetable than we do. Some peeps though have been prepared to wait the 6-7 weeks that nat west 'say' they are allowed to treat our claims within (cos' they're treating them as complaints!). However, in my case, my offer letter came once I'd already filed at court (this is common as well!) so I refused cos' I at least want my court filing fee back on top of all the charges.

Nutty west are nothing if not consistent in their inconsistency!!!!!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

It's just crazy isn't it? it's like they are still costing us time and money by being so slow to register individual claims. Is it a case of they know that they have to give us our money back so they may as well force us into the possition where we spend some of it on court fees first and if we want interest and court fees they hold on to the cash for as long as they possibly can. There must be some crazy logic for them somewhere - this is a strategy that they seem to have adopted - right?

Yode

Thanks

There must be some crazy logic for them somewhere - this is a strategy that they seem to have adopted - right?

Too right!!! Tis called the nutty west no logic strategy!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

You will get paid out just before court hearing date, so play the game, ensure you meet your court deadlines for paperwork and just sit back in between and read up as much as you can. You will get your money, its just a case of when........... I reckon 2-4 months from filing MCOL. Good luck. Fendy xx

Hi and thanks all for advice.

I have been reading other people's threads and am now beginning to worry as I do not have my original contract, terms and conditions etc. I think I opened the account in 1992.

When I originally requested info from the bank I only asked for "...details of all default charges for unauthorised overdrafts and unpaid direct debits and standing orders that have been charged to my account in the last six years." and so I haven't done the SAR have I? is it too late, should I write now and ask or do I not need all my paperwork?

Thanks again!

Yode

Thanks

Just write and ask them. We got ones for 2001 back in about 2 weeks (although I wrote to Cobbetts after 2 weeks to get them to hurry up - but we are at the AQ stage)

Steven

did you ask your branch?

I didn't bother - I went straight to customer relations. They sent me a photocopy of the leaflet which had very tiny writing plus a screen dump which was much more legible. Top marks (in this case).

Steven

Ok, I think I have a problem.

I filled mcol June 11th 2007 for my largest natwest claim. What I forgot was that in my frustration, I had that morning wizzed a last email to natwest saying that since I had no response I was giving them one more week....well obviously I didn't.

So today June 18th, they replied to my email with:

"Thank you for your further email.

I confirm that a reply to your claim for a refund of charges was sent to you

on 14 June, and you should receive this shortly.

I hope you will wait to receive this. However, if you wish to raise court

action, once the Bank receives details from the court, we will withdraw your

claim from our records and proceed with your proposed action."

Now they have not yet acknowledged my claim but I feel absolutely sure that they will tomorrow - since I have not received their offer sent June 14th - I believe they have possibly only sent it today. M questions are:

1. Have I cocked it up with the email giving one more week (although I had given them plenty of warning and 7 weeks) and filling mcol before this time was up? I did also call them that day and spoke to useless person if you remember who told me I was looking at mid July for a response due to back log.

2. What the hell are they playing at?

Anyone help? I am feeling pretty silly at my own rashness.

Yode

Thanks

Boy o boy, Natwest have not only paid up for my credit card charges today but finally made me an offer for the BIG ONE! Postie just delivered it.

The offer for my current account (almost £3k) does not include interest or court fee (£900 = £150) but I am tempted to take it!

I read that once you had filled with court their offer is automatically withdrawn - is that true?

My 14 days are up on Monday - do you think they will defend or even acknowledge?

Yode

Thanks

Usually the offer is effectively withdrawn. However, there seems to be some confuion between NatWest/Cobbetts - there are several cases where NatWest have made offers after the claim should only be being handled by Cobbetts. Why don't youjust phone them, tell them that youhave claimed via MCOL and if they would like to add the £150 fee ten you will settle.

Don't stop the claim though until you have the money in your hand.

Steven