Any advice please....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any and all advice greatly appreciated on the legalities of a DCA continuing to process personal data when the alleged account is in dispute and the DCA have defaulted on the 12 + 2...

Thanks in advance :)

BB

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

well they certainly 'default' after the 12+2, but i dont think they actually commit any offence until after a further calendar month.

but if they have passed your A/C over to another DCA or WHY, then that should not be so as the A/C is in dispute.

do they own the debt or just acting as mouthpieces for a Co.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk ,

Thanks for your quick reply :)

I believe they're acting for LTSB but they haven't provided information to confirm this.

The data they passed occurred today, within thier own company, with a personal e-mail address which I have never given permission to any other person at the company to use appart from a certain complaints person. She gave the other person this information without my permission. The e-mail was recieved this afternoon.

I have reminded them that they aren't allowed to use it except under the terms I've already mentioned.

BB

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

The Data Protection Act 1998

Section 10 - right to prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress

10. - (1) Subject to subsection (2), an individual is entitled at any time by notice in writing to a data controller to require the data controller at the end of such period as is reasonable in the circumstances to cease, or not to begin, processing, or processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data in respect of which he is the data subject, on the ground that, for specified reasons-

(a) the processing of those data or their processing for that purpose or in that manner is causing or is likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to him or to another, and

(b) that damage or distress is or would be unwarranted

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks rory32 ,

All the above covers what's happened...I have to be careful because this forum is where they've obtained thier pathetic exscuse for ammunition, and to breach section 10.

BB

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, mr 1st credit's done it again :rolleyes:

See mine and greedykes threads on 1st credit...

BB