British Gas - Rip Off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anyone can help.

I was with Southern Electric for both Gas and Electric. I got a call from BG asking to transfer after all the talk I agreed. Then I got a call from Southern Electric asking me to go back and that they would sort everything out.

I did this but apparantly it was too late to stop BG so I had their service for one month before I went back to Southern.

BG have sent me bills for just over £200 for one months supply of Gas and electric. I refuse to pay that much. They are estimated readings for the beginning of the account. (no one asked for a meter reading but a guy did come round)

I have now had some calls and correspondecne from a firm called Capquest. I have paid them £50 and told them I won't pay any more. I have received an awful letter telling me they are taking me to court and if they are successful will be sending round bailiffs to sieze my goods. I've rang them and they've put the account on hold until i write disputing the account.

Does anyone have a template letter?

Many thanks

You need to make sure BG have the correct readings from when you switched to them and Southern have the right readings from when you switched back. BG can then rebill you.

BG will not deal with the dispute if you are disputing the read from when you switched back to Southern as it is the company taking over that is responsible for providing readings. They can only deal with the reading from when you switched to them.