Nationwide Closing of Account

emma81

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I claimed my bank charges back from Nationwide in December last year which i won successfuly £2000 but not long after i got my bank charges back a got a letter from Nationwide saying after XYZ years as i wont agree to there terms and conditions they were closing my account as of the 15th January which was a complete pain seen as it was just after Christmas ment i had to set up all my DD and SO all over again, i was wondering i know its a little way down the line if i could get any compensation for the nightmare i put up with?! Any advise would be good!?

Nationwide Won - £2000 :D

Barclay Card - Hearing Date 14/08/07 :???:

Capital One - N1 Filed ;)

No nothing i got my charged paid directly back into my Nationwide account then out of the blue got a letter to say were closing your account, i never signed a thing.

Check the letter that you were sent that detailed the refund-it may have said something in there about the way the accounts needs to managed in the future.

Also did you incur any further charges since the refund?

If yes then they may take this to be a breach of the T&C's and such the reason why they have closed your account.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Ok i will check the letter they sent me i think to be honest it was just letter that said 'today we have credited your account with XYZ for the charges occured during this date and that date, also a refund of £130 for the court fees and £365 for interest' cant remember seeing anything about how the accounts should be run in future! I hadnt had any bank charges on that account for the last 12 months prior to making a claim so that bit is fine! I was just a little annoyed that they can get away with closing the account when i had been a customer for well over 6 years, i guess its there way of getting you back!

Alliance and leicester fined by FOS for retaliatory account closure

This would be one of those threads.

K. :)

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

...This would be one of those threads.
...and here's a link to the 'horse's gob', so to speak (sic)...lol...:D

FAQs - complaints about bank charges

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)