Manicblonde V Hsbc

manicblonde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can either ignore it in the hope that they will write to you, or you can give them a ring back and tell them to write to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I think you had better get it altered now!! It must be the medication wearing off!

Got a letter Friday from HSBC. Unable to verify my income & Expenditure from the form! Do they think I'm lying! I know how to complete another form! Will get that off today & let you know the outcome!

OMG, Day going from bad to worse!! Hubby been working away, HSBC have always dealt with me not him for our joint acc. He is aware of all that I have been doing to get these blinking charges back and what does he do..............

1 call from HSBC to him in relation to the fact that we are over our OD balance and despite the fact monies going into the account on Friday to take us back under, he goes and pays the whole OD off by transferring the balance to his Flexi loan! :mad:

Well done hubby! I am still trying to get a response on the grounds of hardship from them! He has no idea what state my finances are in!!!!

They want me to complete another form so I am now going to do it on my income/expenses only. Although we hav a joint acc, I have my acc & He has his and we trf money to the JA each month to cover all bills. He is obviously better with his dosh than I am! HSBC know this is how our accounts run so hopefully (though I doubt it) will see the mess I am in and take pity on me like Halifax has done!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had a reminder to myself to check if the Stays are lifted on my cases!

I dont have my paperwork with me, Has anyone had any correspondence from the courts in relation to the stays?:?

HELLO Manic long time silent isn't it, I haven't heard anything about lifting the stays, but am watching and waiting, I am in no fit state to do any more about it other than spend time on here at present as I have had an accident let me know what you find out. val

• 3 months later...

Hello all

I have been fighting HSBC to deal with my case on the grounds of hardship, just because I earn a decent wage they wont look at it! I may earn a decent wage but my out goings CLEARLY exceed my income at present.

Spoke to Tom who sugessted I speak to Payplan, I already have!! It looks like we'll be going down the IVA/bankruptcy route unless I can get a short term fix (eg refund of charges) to clear the backlog of debt to enable us to remort!

I may even loose my job if I go down the IVA route and that will really bugger things up!! :mad:

Anyone got any suggestions (other than throwing myself of a cliff)??:confused:

Manic Hi nice ot see you still around.... given the current economic climate a remortg minght not be an option.....dont mean to be a party pooper..

Am not sure if you have gone back to the FSA informing htme that the bank refuse to consider your hardship claim. lay everything out to them and see if they can help...

my other thought is transfer your slary and your oh's into another bank account.....and tell Horrible Slimey Bloddy Company to go and take you to court.....

my only othere suggestions is the CAB and have them contact all your current creditors and see what they can do.....

Hope some of this is helpful......

• Haha 1

rockin all over the world

Hya, I've moved my account but hubby wont let me move the Joint acc!! I have not tried any other vendors as yet but looking on th net most want at least 20% deposit and we have about a 15% deposit (as long as the house value has not gone down again)!!

I dont want lots of credit searched on my history. I might try a mortgage adviser!

OK, can somebody point me in the direction of what the FSA classify as a hardship case please?

I think HSBC seem to have a different classification of Hardship to the FSA but I cant find the thread on it. (Sure there was one or I may be loosing it)!!:(

Found this on MSE site

Q: I am currently having financial difficulties, is there any way to reclaim?

A: The waiver that allows banks to suspend claims does not apply to people who are having financial difficulties, also known as a hardship case. Banks will have to conduct a filtering process to ensure that cases of genuine hardship are still dealt with during the waiver period.

Although there is no firm definition of what genuine hardship is, it generally applies if you are not able to deal with your debts, for example you have mortgage arrears and lots of credit card debt that you cannot afford to pay back.

If your bank is not able to help, you can also send your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman who will decide if your case can be dealt with before the test case is resolved. For details on contacting the Ombudsman see the main Bank Charges reclaiming article.

rockin all over the world

• 6 months later...

OK, got nowhere with HSBC re Hardshp, Have passed this matter onto the FOS for their assessment of wether they think I'm a hardship case or not!

Should I be sending anything to the Courts re the Stays allocated to my matters just to inform them I am still waiting for things to be sorted out?

You could drop them a line just to say pending the result of the test case you have refered your case to the FOS because HSBC are refusing to recognise anyones "hardship status" however you belive this should not materialy alter the facts involved with your claim number XXXXXX... and you look forward to progressing the court hearing once the stay has been set aside :)

pete

You could drop them a line just to say pending the result of the test case you have refered your case to the FOS because HSBC are refusing to recognise anyones "hardship status" however you belive this should not materialy alter the facts involved with your claim number XXXXXX... and you look forward to progressing the court hearing once the stay has been set aside :)

pete

Keep it personal. Refusing to recognise YOUR hardship status. However, you don't have to inform the court and your chance of getting a stay set aside unless you are in Scotland is probably zero.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

OK, Letter from FOS AND an answer phone message to say that they are sending my details back to HSBC for them to re-assess?

Nothing further, will update you if and ehn I have news but not holding out much hope as yet!!:(