Jump to content


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi!!! :)


Is it possible to send an SAR to the original lender and get them to remove all unlawful charges from the balance outstanding?


Got my statements through and I'd say my debt is £1200 more due to charges and I only owe them £1800.


Mmmmm? :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there


Yes send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the orignal creditor and follow the guidelines for making a claim (link in my signature)


In most cases if you owe them money, when they finally settle they will knock it off waht you owe them.

UNLESS the account has been sold onto a Debt Collection Agency in which case the money will go to you.


If it is in the hands of an DCA you can send them a CCA request to get a copy of your oringinal agreement, which will show if they a legally entitled to chase you for payment.


If they cannot provide this documentation you can stop payments and they can only enforce in court if they have these docs


Hope this helps and just shout if you need any further advice


It may also be worthwhile to start a thread in the relevant forum for your bank/card then others can follow your progress and help out with any problems you come accross.




"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...