brad vs natwest

b78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Im new to this website and just would like some advice.

I have completed all the stages upto Court action and on the 31/05/07 I recieved a phone call from the customer service team manager. They informed me that my claim has passed through their system and has been approved for the full ammount im claiming for £2075.00

They informed me that a letter of offer is on its way and this is a second class mail and sent on 01/06/07

I contacted the Customer Service team on the 06/06/07 to confirm that everything was true and was informed yes!

My question's are this:-

How long does second class mail take?

What will be in the offer letter?

How long does the process take once the offer letter has been returned to the bank?

What happens after agreeing offer (if I do) how long will the cheque take?

Is this the normal process as Ive read many threads and nearly all have filed in court before an offer was made (before case is heard in court)

Any advice would be brilliant

many thanks

Brad

Well, firstly congrats are in order - well done!!!

Second class mail, if sent from Planet NatWest, could take some time.

Offer will detail what the amount is, may have a confidentiality clause also but you can cross this bit out.

Apparently they give you 8 weeks to accept the offer.

They say that you should receive the money within anything from 7 14 working days.

With regard to how long will the cheque take, please be aware that if you have an open account with them they will no doubt pay the money in there rather than send you a cheque.

Well done on getting an offer without filing at Court - when did you sen dthe Prelim/LBA etc? And is this definitely Natwest???Perhaps they're having a change of heart lol and gonna pay the rest of us soon as well.

Wendy x

Many thanks Wendy.

What happenes if the offer letter has this confidentiality clause? What is this about? Also does the process of a new offer have to start again if I do disagree with with the clause as at the moment I would take someone's hand off even for a tenner!!!!

I had an account with them, they closed it when I couldn't keep up the payments of arreas. I also have a loan which is still active with natwest (constantly getting calls from them to pay up) and I do not want the money (cheque) to pay this. I want to keep this going and pay the minimum every month to get my credit file back to a nearly normal state!

As to how I got to this stage

10/04/07 DPA LETTER SENT

10/05/07 STATEMENTS ARRIVE ( already had copies as im a hoarder) Just needed to be sure

14/05/07 1ST LBA LETTER SENT

21/05/07 2ND LBA LETTER HANDED INTO BRANCH (apparently they hadn't recieved 1st LBA)

31/05/07 Recieved call saying offer has been approved

05/06/07 SECOND LOT OF STATEMENTS ARRIVED WHY ?????

Now the waiting game

Finally

I never once sent any letter by recorded delivery and also never had to pay for statements. I did tho on two occasions send £10 cheque from my partners account and these never got cashed. Also by sending 4-5 copies of all letters at once they cannot turn and say we haven't recieved any i also took photographic evidence (video mobile phone) of me typing and sending all letters as visual proof. I did tho use all the forms provided by you's.

The reason I might have got their attention is because i rang the CS Team every day querying if they had recieved any letters? I also had the head (I presume) manager looking personnaly into this (through harrasing those poor ppl doing all the leg work in the office)

The number im ringing is 0845 303 0442

I know this is not the step by step procedure to go by but shy bairns get nowt! the banks arn't shy asking for their money!!!!

It is now 3 days past the 14 day LBA limit, they have aknowledged my claim but ill give them until the 08/06/07 for my offer letter and then If nothing again for another 7 days I will file in court!

Thanks Wendy

Take care

X

Take care with this one, they may well try to apy the money into your loan account, I'm not quite sure about that though, but I believe its been done before.

Someone will be along soon who'll be able to answer your queries better than I can.

Hello All,

Well to keep you and me upto date.

I have still not recieved the offer letter yet, I rang the customer service to enquire why I hadn't recieved it! I got a load of excuses like "we are awaiting some leaflets to go in the letters, I dunno when we will receive them. Should be soon tho! I explained Ive already recieved a call saying my letter was sent out in the 01/06/07 batch so I asked her again "where is the letter?" The next excuse was "How do you know a offer letter has been sent"? " I dont but I did recieve the call I just told you about!" Her reply was " Ok then, these letters can take upto 10 working days!!!

WHAT............

Is she for real? (well probably as today is day 7) so anyway.....Im looking forward to getting home to check the mail. not to mention putting my feet up!!

PS How fantastic is the weather today. Shame Im at work!

Speak soon

Brad

Hello all.

Well the update is ......Ive recieved an offer letter for the full ammount but this is to be paid direct into my debt ridden account and will wipe out my debt and I recieve not a penny (in my hand).

Can i change the T&C's on the offer letter when posting back and write on the letter saying I want a cheque and not to be paid into my account? I know there is a chance of them refunding into my account even with a note.

Well Im happy but Id be happier if the cash was in my hand!! not theirs again!!

Brad