Mr & Mrs V v HSBC ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, we did it, we followed Moneysavingexpert.com and sent off all our ,etters to the Bank, first MrsV's account, then mine.

We recieved the statements, and sent off the letters asking for our money back

HSBC Said .... Nothing...

We sent them second letters asking for our money back and threatened Civil Action.

HSBC Said "Were looking Into it"....

We gave them 14 days and wrote to them again asking fo rour money back,

HSBC Said ..... Nothing ...

21 days ago, we filled a civil action with moneyclaim.gov, first for Mrs V's account. After 5 days, HSBC should have recieved the summons, but submitted no acknowledgement or defence.

Yesterday we applied for a Default judgment. filled in the online questions and our case should have been presented at 10 am this morning.

Fingers crossed.

Mrs V is asking for £2800 charges, plus £600 Interest

Then it will be my turn, im at letter 3 stage at present, So far HSBC have not answered my corrispondence only to advise it is being looked into.

So, Tomorrow it will be time to submit my court claim. Im asking for £800 Charges, plus £400 interest.

Does anyone know how long it can take for payment to be made ?

How long should we wait before sending in the Bailiff's ?

JV

good pick up fl,

i'm betting you might have added the overdraft interest onto your charges - or just added up the interest debits and are asking for them back? o/d interest needs to be done using the advanced spreadsheet and either some, or all or none of each interest entry will be added to your claim.

so, any idea why the interest is so much - good time to make sure it's correct - before filing the court claim. if it takes a couple of extra days to get it right - that's much better than mucking it up.

as for mrs v. - here's a similar one - judgment by default you might like to read - it might shed some light

well, done my sums, I didnt tell you there are two accounts here, and most of the charges occured more than 4 years ago, so the interest is higher. anyway, the numbers are right, and total costs are aprox £1000.

The court just served judgement by default for the full ammount. my wife is happy. Now, were off on holidays ... Hope to see some money when we return or its in with the Bailifs

Enjoy your holiday and lets hope there's some cash on your return!!

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just got back from holiday to a leter from HSBC's solicitors acting on their behalf saying that due to an "admin error" the defense was "lost" by the judicial system (yer right ....) and they are honouring the money awarded by the court.

This reflects a recient transaction into the wife's bank account for £3459.38 as bank charge refund.

YESSSSS .... FU HSBC :)

Now, to get mine processed and submitted on monday

• 4 weeks later...

2 months ago, the wife won a ruling by default and recieved £3400 of retruned moneys including interest.

This morning, 2 letters from HSBC, both referring to their T&C's but basically offering me 95% of the origional ammount requested, less the interest.

Account 1, I asked for £1000, they have offered me £950

Account 2, I asked for £760, They have offered me £670

Obviously the small claims added interest of about £500 ontop of the combined total of these figures, plus the court fee's £120, but Hell, I have got my money back (less interest, but then im not a money grabbing ****** !.. LOL

So .. Total reclaimed charges from HSBC for my Family =£5020 . THis has gone a long way in paying off our debts and assisting us on teh road to becomming debt free within the next 12 months :)

Congratulations!

Don't forget the survey.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...