Please Help!

gdm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. Maybe this is too small a problem compared to others, but any advice would be appreciated as I am young and very concerned.

I have just opened my statement for the month, this states that due to my account being overdrawn by -£4.28 they will charge me :

1. £20.00 for being overdrawn and 2. £30.00 because they paid the £5.00!

I intended to make a purchase of £1.50 which I had in my account at the time. I dont understand why this transaction took place if the funds were not there I have never been in a negative balance before, how can they charge me £50 for this!

I am worried because I cannot pay this, I operate on an extremely tight budget and I hardly have £50 go into my account.

I would really appreciate some advice, because I really have no idea why this has happened.

Thanks for your time.

Easiest thing to do is to ring your branch, explain the situation to them and ask if they will refund the £50.

If they say no then you will have start the reclaim process, but hopefully it will not get that far.

Good luck

• Haha 1

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi PPMAN. Thank you very much for your response, is there anything that I should be sure to mention to convince them to refund. The charge is scheduled for 24th June so is this a refund?

Thaks again.

The 24th June is when the charge will be applied to your account so there is still time for them to cancel it.

Give them a call.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

tell them to look at your account and they will see you have always operated the account properly, as this is the first time you have ever incurred charges ask them if they would remove them, they will probably wipe them off

:madgrin:

Hi thanks for the advice. Phoned this morning had me on hold for ages. Eventually spoke to someone and they have removed the £30 charge and have said this is a "one-off" and any further charges will have to be paid.

So I have to find the £20, which I will hopefully do. I can see what they are trying to do. If I cant pay this then next month it will be £70 and then £120 and so on. Get 'em while their young.

Anyway, thanks for the help and good luck with your own.

G

Followed up with another call and found out that Abbey had my £30 + £20 as being for one transaction, so they should have been removed together. That means all charges should hae been previously removed, however it has now been done out of "good will".

Thanks again for the advice.

G

I'm glad you got the charges refunded, well done, but watch out because if you incur charges again inside the next 12 months, they won't refund on request. Apparently you're only allowed one 'goodwill refund' per year and that is subject to you running your account properly before.

Just something to keep an eye on, cos they'll charge you at the drop of a hat.