BOS rejection letter.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

After sending my inital approach for reclaiming my charges I have recieved a rejection letter 8 weeks to the day I sent it. I am trying to reclaim £900, as I live in Scotland when I send the LBA letter should I reduce my claim to £750 so that it remains in small claims court? also I do not have any idea about the small claims court procedures but will follow the instrucion on the site, what is the worst that can happen with this? my claim will be rejected? I dont leave myself open to being ordered to pay legal fees/court costs do i?

I know this question has probably been posted a thousand times but I couldnt find a thread which relates to this.

Thanks very much for your time.

Colin

Hi Colin, my understanding of the tactics is that they reject you at 8 weeks and if you ring them, number on your rejection letter, they then put you into a pile for 'manager review' - the 8 week rejection is just cos they can't reply within the 8 weeks allotted, given the volume of claims they are getting. And, of course, a lot of people give up on the rejection, so it works in their favour. I would ring them and follow it up with a letter, saying you do not accept this as a final outcome and that way it keeps going. However, if you've patiently waited the 8 weeks, have you considered the next step - that is either court or the FOS?

hope this helps

good luck