• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bundle for stay hearings

This is the link :D:D

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi stone ty so much i will go to the link when im done hear

no they said see copy attached but there wasnt any

so i have asked the courts to send it all it said was

the hearing of the climants application for the stay to be lifted (see copy attached)

will take place at 14.00 on the 8th january 2008, at blackpool county court.

thats all it said

hugs abg

hi stone well i m,on to the court bundle not quite understanding it all so i am at the mo going on the pages and printing it all out i prob have it all already within these folders but once i have got it all then im going to read it all by the court date i will prob know it all of by heart i remember a while ago seeing on one of the threads that going to court write it all down what your going to say but i carnt find it and boy was it good i know that would help me alot

well back to the printing

oh did anyone else notice that in the

fsa in the direct annex it says exactly what the banks have wrote to us all

we acknowledge reciept of your complaint etcetvc

although we believe that the charges are fair the banks have now become involed in legal procceedings with the oft etc etc

well look the same wording is in the fsa so did they get it from there and not on there own iniative mmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes one think eh

hugs

abg

we acknowledge reciept of your complaint etcetvc

although we believe that the charges are fair the banks have now become involed in legal procceedings with the oft etc etc

well look the same wording is in the fsa so did they get it from there and not on there own iniative mmmmmmmmmmmmmm makes one think eh

hugs

abg

If you look at the statements put out by the banks at the time that the test case was announced every single one is the same word for word, I am using this fact to support my claim that the banks had prior knowledge of the test case and delayed taking any action on my claim until after it was announced, breaking rules and regulations in doing so and showing complete disregard for the law and the courts. I am hoping to get the judge on my side this way as I cant really claim hardship or any other means in getting my stay set aside. a long shot , but it just might work

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/117342-urgent-you-suffering-hardship.html

Take a look at this link ABG it might be some help to you or might be able to help them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

hi stone and all,

i am so sorry for not being here

i have tried but i couldnt get in i tried n tried but wasnt letting me in i asked kia if she was getting the same so i am sorry but i did try

im here now so i have alot of catching up to do

so please bear with me

tyvm stone for everything

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have spent all morning here and on diffrent threads

i am looking for the income/outgoing spreadsheet

please can anyone help me in finding it please

aw bless tyvm

how are u stone how u getting on

when are u in court

hi simon & kia

how are u both i have alot of catching up to do

take care keep fighting

hugs

abg

try this one ABG Budget sheet

or you will get one from from the CAB site here

Citizens Advice Bureau

I have heard nothing from the court yet as I could not get through to the Listings section today, but the lady I spoke to set the Judges decision was being typed up, so I should hear something in the next couple of days

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Hi ABG,

Hope everything is going OK.

Sorry I havent been in touch, been a bit busy with inlaws start of claim against YB from 1980.

Have you had any success at court yet?

Oh Sorry I forget KKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCHINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

£1.26 interest again. Cheers Mr Bank Manager.

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris x

• Haha 1

Hi ABG I have just heard from court my hearing is scheduled for 29 Jan at 12:30 yours is on 8th Jan isnt it? If you want some company just shout I should be free to bring you some moral support. Mine is before DJ Laws who have you got ??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

hi stone & chris

how are u both

yes stone dj law

i am going to see dr for a hardship lertter and our health etc

i havent a clue what i am going to say in court on 8th jany unless abbey pay up if my dr will give me a letter but i havent a clue what to say

how are urs getting on

stone u go a day after my birthday

why did they change ur date

take care

hugs

abg

They changed my date because I asked for it, as my original date 13 Nov is the day after I fly out from Blackpool on a family holiday in Spain.

palmier01.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

at long last inga is away till 4th dec

at last i got a reply not that is helps but here is the reply to my email & fax

so when i pick up hardship letter from drs do i just send it to the courts or do i fax it to inga & rowan or do i just send it to dj law at the courts n blow shabby

hardship letter?

Add contact

Sent:

07 November 2007 16:27:40

To:

[email protected]

"without prejudice"

Dear Ms Miller

Further to your email to my colleague Inga Kirkman below, who is now on

leave, I can confirm that Abbey have received, both a copy of your

letter and a copy of your application to lift the stay on your claim.

All issues raised in your application will be addressed at the hearing.

Kind regards

Ronan

my bags packed so u can take me with u laughs ill be in the hold all so treat it with care and dont please drop me pmsl lol

have a great time hugs

abg

eh ABG shift over im in there too move your leg out of the way then :Dxxkia

OMG I`m going to have loads of extra baggage charges @ £6 a kilo, Ryanair are as bad as the banks with punative charges. LOL

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

arh well our stone is away no doubt he isnt thinking of us here in the cold laughs

i hope he is enjouing his hols yes stone i had to come all the way home as you left me in the boot of the car, pmsl so now i guess i will have to get onto shabby for my money so i can go to eygpt laughs i hope you are having a brill time seya when u get back

have fun enjoy

hugs

abg*************************************************

please can anyone help me with writing a letter to dj l;aw i have a drs letter on the grounds of my health/hardship although it dosent mention anything about hardship but it meant to be a hardship letter but has only said about my health so now how do i put a letter to dj law i have a dater 8th jany 08 and i am trying to get it lifted on the grounds of hardship and get abbey to pay up ronan is being very award, and has said he will mention the hardship letter at the hearing?

he cannot deny this as its in black and white where my dissability/mobility went in my bank and they took charges from my benefits which they are not allowed to do i have highlighted this in my statements

please can anyone help me with a letter to the dj,

thankyou hugsn take care

abg

x

my hardship began when abbey started taking my benefit payments and left me hardly anything see my letter in this thread

• loss of employment

my husband got made retired under ill health chronic siatica with groin and ldg pain

• disability

i have artherius

from neck to feet all over

fibrimagia carnt spell it sorry (muscles)

angina

asthma

depression since 1996

hugs

abg

i have been reading many diffrent threads but i am getting a bit mixed up the only defence ive had from abbey is when i started to claim in the courts etc and looking a everyones postings in diffrent threads esp abby there defence is the same wording oh well

but is there anything else wither the courts or abbey should hjave sent me

o have read about the banks court bungle

is this the defence i got AQ

or is it something else if so i havent got anything more apart from what i already have

tyvm for reading

keep up the fight and good luck all

hugs

agb

Hi

The one area I really know nothing about is the bank taking your benefits in charges - I have read several different things on this so would not like to comment on this.

However I will post some links to threads that might help you .

Also some information on the banking code.

Apparently there is a board that I think overseas the banking code who has asked for evidence of cases where the banks are not treating people sympathetically - and I think forcing you to go to court over this if they are aware of your situation is a breach of the code.

I have posted some up to date info on Simons thread - but I will point you in the direction of a draftt letter - (however it is not approved by this site)

If it helps I would personalise it as much as possible and then clearly identify yourself as a hardship case and asked to be considered on that basis - if you do not get a reply then try what simon has done.

I assume you sent your details to the moderator when they were collecting information on cases to send to the FSA?

If not let me know as we are still collecting cases.

Jan

p.s

I think the Abbey can rely on their original defence in court - they do not have to send a bundle - but then would not be able to use more documents in court.

If you send a letter I would send it to the Abbey/their solicitors as well.

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi

Having read your thread again - can I check I have this correct.

1) you have on several occasions in writing identified yourself as a hardship case to Abbey

2) The charges have been deducted from your benefits money

3) your financial circumstances have been caused by a change in circumstances caused by illness

4) you appealed against the stay on the above basis ( did you use a forn from here or your own letter?

5) the Abbey have still refused to consider your case and have basically said they will just attend the court case and sort it out there?

If so i dont hink you need to do anything to the courts at the moment - but you do need to try and get them to settle before hand and approach the FOS

can you answer the above and then we will go from there.

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

1) you have on several occasions in writing identified yourself as a hardship case to Abbey

yes i have but they are not budging being the last letter as they said they will bring it up at the hearing

2) The charges have been deducted from your benefits money

yes all charges were taken out of my benefit money when i asked at my local branch and i told them they havent left me hardly anything to buy food etc she just said sorry they carnt do anything

3) your financial circumstances have been caused by a change in circumstances caused by illness

yes

4) you appealed against the stay on the above basis ( did you use a forn from here or your own letter?

my own letter and n244 from the courts

5) the Abbey have still refused to consider your case and have basically said they will just attend the court case and sort it out there?

yes

If so i dont hink you need to do anything to the courts at the moment - but you do need to try and get them to settle before hand and approach the FOS

i havent contacted the fos but i did email the comsumers as they asked i think it was sept/oct but not heard anything back

can you answer the above and then we will go from there.

tyvvm for all your help

hugs

abg