• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would let them recieve your bundle first.....concentrate on that.

I never had the settlement offers and discussions with the sHabbey, i left it all to follow its own path, others have requested settlement so hopefully they will post and advise you on that....

I got costs awarded which included printer ink and paper :)

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, i have my date for court 7th july i am now preparing my cout bungle but

i have opend it and printed x3 copies one for abbey one for judge one fr myself in all 120 pages but it does say in the forum 300 pages?

so how do i get more and what else do i print out please thanku so much for any help hugs abroadgirl

p.s. now on the index page it says relavent case law summary and print it out but it isnt letting me oopen it?

on the index list it isnt letting me open anything ?

at the moment iom printing the 120 pages of the court bungle

here is a list of what was in my bundle

(Most of it is in the Court Bundle preparred by Bookwork, you previous poster...dont know how to link you to that)

statement of evidence

correspondance

Latest schedule of charges(correct for the court date and highlighted to state that)

statement printouts

relevant case law summary

early day motion

dunlop v new garage

unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations

unfair contract terms

supply of services and goods act

transcript of peter McNamara interview

BBC Commision conclusion

Australian default charges report

OFT statement

(You should also include the T7C's from your account)

Each of my court bundles were 96 pages each..... on your other thread it seemed you were printing off all the CPR stuff, can you post what stuff you have included in your court bundle. In like index for as i have above. Then we can see what you have and give you feedback as to whether you have all you need or indeed the correct stuff.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

hi what i was trying to say is that we are all taking action against abbey i have been sent the abbey account tips on managing your account and it says what i said above just imagine if we did this we really wouldnt have anything to prove would we if we dispose of them or shred them apart from paying the £10 to get our statements

wow that was good reka paper and ink im going to have to buy my 3rd lot tomorrow ink i mean but on saying that ive been on here all day and i feel like giving up i carnt seem to get the list to open that u give me and the oft statement i just feel i want to give up as im not getting anywhere with this court bungle apart from what ive already told u about good nigh god bless all tyvm for all ur help and advise

hi reka tyvm for all this but where do i get thse from the others i have got and done

relevant case law summary

early day motion

unfair terms in consumer contracts regulations

unfair contract terms

transcript of peter McNamara interview

BBC Commision conclusion

Australian default charges report

OFT statement

i have been on here all day it is now 10-45pm i feel like giving up as i have treid to get these above and im not getting anywhere tyvm for everything good night god bless

please can anyone tell me if i have printed the right oft

the one i have printed out is oft announces quick fix on bank charges will disadvantage consumers is this the correct one? tyvm for any help and advice

hi just wondering if anyone has been to court with shabbey abbey

what so they say of ask how long were u in court for tyvm for any advise

abg

Hi abroadgirl,

As I don't know how to do it so I can't put the links up for you(perhaps someone can help a computer idiot like me and tell me) but I know of 2 recent ones that were posted .

Reka v Abbey

Nardone v Abbey

Have a read of those as they are very interesting.

Glad

hi, abroadgirl here i have been asked by a friend is it illgal for the bank to take there charges out of ur account i know it is in england but i canrnt find and dss act relating to this for the us

does anyone know thanku for any help and advise given ty

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

:) HI ABROAD GIRL im waiting for abbeys defence and have included this point in my POC.also the social security act etc. will let you know when i receive it exactly how they defend it(if they bother) see petcat v abbey if you want to know the story so far. 3 grand to someone on benefits is enough to throw you further into poverty. good luck with your friends claim.

ty for your reply i have a thread for myself with abbey im claiming back £6924-80 and i have put in the dss acts as well as it was all taken from my dissability and mobilty the only thing is i have found a recent statement with over 2oo pounds charges but i think it may be too late now also i have asked for my statements as the last one i got was 11th april not one since

You can alter your claim to reflect the extra £200. If your claim is still with Abbey just write to them saying you have now noticed the extra charges and the figure is now £xxxx that you will be claiming.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

well i am fuming got this this morning 18th june

i have phoned debt recovery is this another part of abbeys offices

here is what it says in the letter

default of payment

dear mrs r miller

dmrs have been instructed by abbey to obtain immediate settlement of the above debt.

then the normal topay by etc etc etc please call this office etc

so i was mad how dare they i phoned them up and said that i am taking abbey to cout and reference the £.94 charges this has been going on since the 9th jan 07 and also one payment of £25 has been refunded i have the letters to prove but shabby is still chargweing me its going up and up i havent had a bank statement since april i have phoned them and asked for my statements

what do u all think and what should i do tyfor all your hewlp

do i take copies for the court bungle of this letter

hi

i have read and re read and over n over my head is saying ive had enough i am now finishing the bungle i have added more than i should i know from the boards links etc

plus my own

i even faxed inga at abbey and have not heard anything plus i am waiting on a letter from the court i have a date 7th july but not sure if it means not a court hearing before this date it is the one you get when you filled and send back to court your AQ, then if you read my new thread what abbey shabbey (debt collecter) do i just sit around and wait i dont know

also this is my 4th lot of ink and 5th lot of 500 paper

do i claim the costs of these back and if so how do i say it in a letter? thankyou for your help

i have been intouch with allen betts but nothing no replies

my court date is next week......and i have only just had my first communication from them this morning....so i'm afraid the wait can be a bit tedious.

as to costs.....you are not normally allowed to claim costs in the small claims court....however, if you are not able to negotiate costs with abbey then i suggest you go through the process of filing a 'wasted costs order' - you can find out all about this in the bank templates library.....scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find it.

• Haha 1