• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

abbey £6086

this is what i am claming plus int

they paid me £703 but there offer was £910 when i asked them why was the downfall they said for me to accept there apolygy as it was an error on there part i replyied no i dont accept there apolgy and if they dont give me the diffrence of there g o gw i will take it futher this is what im doing i now have the AQ but gosh ive read for 2 days and im so confused, they are denying it all even thou i have the letter etc, now i am facing more charges £312-92p from 9th july the same reapeatedly over n over i have wrote and told them i have no intensions of paying them and that i am reclaiming these if they dont it shall be added onto the cost for the courts any help please

they were taking the charges out of my dissability i tried for overdraft but they kept refusing me but it didnt stop them taking these charges out of my dissablity/mobility

thanku for your help

abroadgirl

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are they still taking money out of your disability allowance?

you need this:

Right of Appropriation - Stop the bank from taking your money

as for your claim - i think it would help if you put it in an order like:

xx/xx/xx prelim letter

xx/xx/xx lba

xx/xx/xx mcol filed for £xxxx.xx

xx/xx/xx defence filed case move to xxxxxxx court

it's a little difficult to just jump right in without the background - so make a little diary then peeps will know where you are in your claim.

then ask your questions and peeps will be here to help you.

good luck abroadgirl.

Hi abroadgirl, they ARE NOT allowed to take your benefits, personalise the letter above and take it into your local branch a few days before the benefit is paid in and tell them that you expect to be able to draw on your benefit in its entirey, dont let them fob you off, dont let them intimidate you, take someone with you if you need moral support. Any problems - come back here

then, write to them and state that you disagree with your charges and formally require the account to be put into dispute, open another account and have all your payments transferrred to that one and your standing orders and direct debits.

Do you have all your statements? if not you need to download an SAR to send them , but we can deal with that when you have done the letter

hope this all helps you

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

hello thankyou so much for all your help, i am new to this so please bear with me

i ahall tell you everything i have done it will help you all to understand me a lil ty

i used the template letters from martin i sent all thress of them, they offered me as a guesture of good will £910 so i accepted then they put in £703 in my account i wrote faxed phoned emailed then asking why and what was there reason eventully they replied saying that it was an error and they hope i accept there apolagyies, i replied and said no i dont accept there apolygy and that i want an a explanation as to why im still waiting so i wrote to them and said i am not happy and i am taking it futher, i called into my local branch after getting a mini staement and wow i have charges £295.73p

i went to the counter and asked what these were for they have been chargeing me over and over for the same from 9th january i got a letter now saying that it is £312.92p (sorry i put july instead of january)and they want this repaying with intrest i replied saying i am not paying it and i am reclaiming them so i sent the first letter and i also stated that if they dont refund me this charge i shall be adding onto the small claims

i do have statements and i have cpoies of everything from them to me i have also copied the letter where they are apolgising and says it was error on there part, so i have done everything martin has told us to i now have the allocation questioaire, to fill in, i have stopped my dissabilty/mobiliy and now goes into the po account but yes they took it out of this. thanku for listning and all your help

i will go on that link now i will check back here ty

hugs

abroadgirl.

mini staement and wow i have charges £295.73p

so i told her i am not happy and that i am taking it to court and she said i dont blame you i wouldnt be happy either good luck

that is what she said to me

Good Luck abroadgirl:D

They offered me a GOGW of £323 (against a claim of over 5K)

They actually put £282 in my account!!!

That was in January and they finally settled with me just over a week ago.

When I was going over the details of my claim with her I mentioned the discrepancy and she said "Oh well, there are so many of these claims, somebody obviously just got the figures wrong"!!!! WHAT ARE THEY ON??? This is a financial institution - I work as a budgetary officer and I have to balance finances etc... How can they offer us £???? and then credit accounts with £????. GOD knows how they balance their books (BUT as WE know - they don't know what they're doing:confused:

Anyway, sorry for the rant;)

Carry on and GOOD LUCK:D

Cassie

hi tyvm for your replies i guess i do dtress a bit sorry.

no you didnt rant i enjoyed reading your post ty

the form AQ i have managed by going through the boards and printing out what has to be attaqched.

the only thing i have got and done is a spreadsheet? i have clicked on the link and it is all diffrent small boxes?

ty for all your help

hugs

abroadgirl

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Was it in the above link? You need to choose which spreadsheet you want in you case i think it will be the "simple calculations spreadsheet" unless you are going for contractual which a lot more complicated and at this stage i wouldn't go for that but its up to you.

hi tyvm for your message yes ive been on that link quite afew times but it says open save then it comes up that i carnt open it it may be read only? but i keep trying

thanku so much

hugs

abroadgirl

hi i have got it now but what do i click on i have clicked on tools, easy cal then other but i dont know what to click on next there is alot in the menu or so i just delete whats on the page and put my details in there ty for all your help

abroadgirl

oh my i have been at this all day yesterday till late last night and today it is really doing my head in please can i send it here for u or anyone to help me i have more to put in but i feel i have done it all wrong please can u help as it has to be back by the 7th tyvm

please help

thanku so much

hugs

abroadgirl

i know its wrong

Abbey National Plc

SCHEDULE OF CLAIM FOR CHARGES

PERIOD: [DATE FROM] TO [DATE TO]

In Respect of:

Date Incurred

Days since offence

Interest 8% APR

Daily intrest

interest charge

£0.23p

2/11/2003

£24.625

£1.10p

d/d unpaid charge

£32.00

17/11/2003

£22.75

£1.10p

overdrawn interest charge

£0.16p

1/12/2003

£22.375

£1.10p

overdrawn charge

£15.00

3/12/2003

£22.125

£1.10p

cheque charge

£20.00

4/12/2003

£22.00

£1.10p

d/d return charge

£32.00

4/12/2003

£22.00

£1.10p

interest charge overdrawn

£0.98p

0405/2004

£49.00

£1.10p

charge for clearing visa payment

£20.00

2/8/2004

£37.5

£1.10p

d/d clearing charge

£20.00

2/8/2004

£37.5

£1.10p

payment charge

£20.00

31/01/2005

£60.375

£1.10p

cheque charge

£20.00

31/01/2005

£60.375

£1.10p

payment charge

£20.00

4/2/2005

£56.5

£1.10p

cheque payment charge

£20.00

7/2/2005

£56.125

£1.10p

overdrawn interest charge

£0.01p

1/7/2005

£41.5

£1.10p

payment charge

£30.00

15/06/2005

£43.375

£1.10p

visa charges

£30.00

20/06/2005

£42.00

£1.10p

d/d charge even when money in bank

£30.00

2/8/2005

£37.5

£1.10p

charge visa payment

£30.00

2/8/2005

£37.5

£1.10p

charge when money in bank

£30.00

2/11/2005

£26.00

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

charge for clearing cheque 001292

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

charge for clearing d/d

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

charge for clearing via payment

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

charge overdrawn

£20.00

5/3/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

charge for visa debit card

£30.00

5/3/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

unpaid d/d no 19

£35.00

5/3/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

charge overdrawn

£20.00

3/4/2006

£52.625

£1.10p

charge for clearing d/d no 19

£30.00

3/4/2006

£52.625

£1.10p

d/d no 19 charge

£35.00

30/01/2006

£60.5

£1.10p

overdrawn charge

£20.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

visa payment charge

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

cheque 001295 charge

£30.00

6/2/2006

£56.25

£1.10p

charge for overdraft

£20.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

cheque clearing charge 001292

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

d/d no 19 charge

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

visa clearing charge

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

£30.00

2/2/2006

£56.75

£1.10p

interest while overdrawn

£0.40p

1/3/2006

£49.375

£1.10p

overdrawn charge

£20.00

28/02/2006

£56.875

£1.10p

d/d no 19 charge

£30.00

28/02/2006

£56.875

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

5/3/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

charge clearing payment

£30.00

5/3/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

charge clearing cheque no 001295

£30.00

5/3/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

charge unpaid d/d no 19

£35.00

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

overdrawn interest

£0.17p

1/4/2006

£52.875

£1.10p

overdrawn charge

£20.00

17/03/2006

£54.75

£1.10p

charges

£30.00

17/03/2006

£54.75

£1.10p

cheque 0012898 charge

£30.00

27/03/2006

£54.75

£1.10p

d/d no 19 charge

£35.00

30/03/2006

£53.125

£1.10p

overdraft charges

£20.00

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

charge clearing visa

£30.00

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

cheque 001298 charge

£30.00

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

interest while overdrawn

£0.17

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

unpaid d/d

£35.00

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

overdrawn charge

£20.00

8/5/2006

£48.125

£1.10p

cheque no 001299 charge

£30.00

8/5/2006

£48.125

£1.10p

unpaid d/d no 18 charge

£30.00

10/5/2006

£47.75

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

visa payment charge

£30.00

3/5/2006

£48.875

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

3/4/2006

£52.625

£1.10p

d/d clearing charge

£30.00

3/4/2006

£52.625

£1.10p

interest while overdrawn

£0.45p

3/4/2006

£52.625

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

cheque charge

£30.00

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

charge for clearing d/d

£30.00

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

charge intrest

£0.04p

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

d/d charge

£35.00

15/05/2006

£48.375

£1.10p

overdrawn charge

£20.00

11/5/2006

£47.875

£1.10p

d/d charges

£35.00

24/05/2006

£46.125

£1.10p

overdraft charges

£20.00

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

d/d charges

£30.00

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

cheque clearing 001299

£30.00

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

interest charge

£0.04

2/6/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

d/d clearing charge

£30.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

visa clearing charge

£30.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

charge for clearing cheque no 001306

£20.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

2/9/2006

£64.75

£1.10p

charge for clearing cheque no 001311

£30.00

2/9/2006

£64.75

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

3/7/2006

£41.25

£1.10p

unpaid d/d

£35.00

3/7/2006

£41.25

£1.10p

charges

£20.00

22/06/2006

£42.25

£1.10p

mandate no 18

£30.00

22/06/2006

£42.25

£1.10p

charge visa payment

£30.00

23/06/2006

£42.375

£1.10p

cheque charge

£30.00

26/06/2006

£42.75

£1.10p

overdraft charge

£20.00

3/7/2006

£41.25

£1.10p

d/d charge

£35.00

3/7/2006

£41.25

£1.10p

overdrawn charges

£20.00

7/8/2006

£38.125

£1.10p

cheque charges001311

£30.00

7/8/2006

£38.125

£1.10p

overdraft charges

£20.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

d/d charge for clearing

£30.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

visa payment charge

£30.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

clearing cheque

£30.00

2/8/2006

£45.00

£1.10p

overdrawn charges

£20.00

4/9/2006

£65.00

£1.10p

charges

£30.00

4/9/2006

£65.00

£1.10p

overdrawn charge

£20.00

15/09/2006

£35.875

£1.10p

instruction 14 charge

£30.00

15/09/2006

£35.875

£1.10p

overdrawn charges

£20.00

3/10/2006

£28.5

£1.10p

d/d charge

£30.00

3/10/2006

£28.5

£1.10p

overdraft charges

£20.00

2/11/2006

£28.5

£1.10p

d/d charge

£30.00

2/11/2006

£28.5

£1.10p

charges

£20.00

3/12/2006

£22.125

£1.10p

cheque clearing fee

£30.00

3/12/2006

£22.125

£1.10p

overdrawn charges

£20.00

11/11/2006

£23.5

£1.10p

charges, fees up to

£316.92

16/05/2007

£16.00

£1.10o

hi bp i went on the thread u gave me and i deleted the dollors etc and put my own in cor ive been at it now for a whole day n half think its the simple one laughs like me i guess hahahaha

ty

hugs

abg

hi bp,

ive just seen the post where i posted the spreadsheet its diffrent to what it actually is the £1-10p is the dailiy int rate and the other is the 8% rate

but i was getting all mixed up

sorry for the confusement im causing you

hugs

abg

right i'm looking at the above post and i have to be honest i can't understand it mayby its my brain! You went into the link i posted clicked on the very 1st one(simple excel)it then asks you to either open, save you chose to save it?

yes but im getting all confused with the intrests daily intrst etc yes i saved it i could go throu all that again not another day and half phew

so i thought if i post it here iget help but it hasnt come out like it is on the thread

ty

hugs

abg

wow at last i gave up and went to martins page and done a speadsheet there and now i have a problem

on my cacalations i got £6086 but now i have done the spread sheet and added it up on the auto on martins page it comes to £6924.80

so what do i do now and abbey has got the first figure on there defence so what should i do

tyvm for all your help

hugs

abg

Yes you just need to put the kind of charge, ie cleared cheque charge (no need to put cheque no) date, and amount as to the no of days since the offence, it will work it directly and also the daily interest that is also worked for you.

i have tried a few time to to log opn infact i can log on but it wont let me go into my account

does this mean they have closed my account without telling me i cannot check etc they have asked for my debit card back which i have sent back to them in april

what do you all think of this one

tyvm

abg

Sounds like they might have done or may be in the process of closing it. I had the same problem myself recently, I was in the process of transferring my direct debits to my parachute account when I found I couldn't log on. When I checked the Abbey said it was because I had closed my account. I told them I hadn't yet as I was just in the process of transferring dd's but they said they had received notification from my new bank that I wanted to close account. New bank denied this but it didn't really matter to me as I was changing over anyway. Have you tried calling the telephone banking on 08459 724 724. Hope this helps!

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]