abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to add the total charges and the total interest up to the day you filed your N1 ABG, I have pm`d you the relevant info, I hope it helps good luck, Stone,

you will need to send a copy of the spready that I sent you with a covering letter to the Court Manager at Blackpool County court. Just quote your case number etc. and say here is revised schedule of charges as ordered by DJ Bryce on (date) then sign and date it and that should be OK

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

(BBC NEWS | Business | Banks refund £784m to customers)

I think they could be starting to get worried!!

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

or bless you all tyvvvvvm for all your help

i never and still not good at figures roll eyes

ok here is what i have done

i have counted the days from 12/04/2007 to 05/03/2008 which gave me a figure of 245.25 added to the interest alread up to april 245.25 +313.97=559.22

total in all to claim back £3,676.24

well if i am right i can go ahead and get this sent of to them

will wait till i hear thats its right

gheepers thuvvm for all ya help

hugs

abg

Hi ABG

I tried to send you a PM but its not playing ball :(

I will take a look at your spreadie if you wish and check the interest for you - PM me, and I will give you my email to send the details over, if you like.

Best regards

Jo xx

• Haha 1

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

i never did get the hang of interest thing just guessed with it me brother worked out the method on the spready good job cos i couldnt do it and luckily i never had to explain my figures mind u probably cos i sold meself short so they paid up quick and ran and in the nick of time too before the big oft thing by the way does anyone know whats happening with that cos its gone very quiet :rolleyes:xxkia

:rolleyes::mad: yesterday i got a letter form shabby (for those who has read my thread/posts you will have seen it ty)

it was in reply to my letter that jan help and put in for me ty lol

that was in respoce to abbeys letter which i have here so yesterday along comes with our dearly beloved postman pat a letter from shabbey yes you all guessed its the same one as the one i have put in here BUT

now they are asking for a little extra on this routine letter oh yes they enclosed a copy of the fos verdrwn charges gheeppers i can make a book on how many they have sent me stupid or what :mad:

well the lil extra is please provide futher evdience to DEMONSTRATE you are suffering financial difficuties to allow us to consider your currant situation

thats the only difference:rolleyes:

so what more do they want

i havent a clue my mind is going over n over with one thing and another i was or i should say i have started with the chest pains again etcv but i have the spray for under my tongue

well enough of my ranting how are you all doing

how far have you all got

has anyone had any news about your claims etc

anyone else been to court

oh i sent them the order from judge bryce

well a copy not that they havent one as i guess they will have had one

ok this letter has come from the complaints dept with the fos getting intouch with them so do or i should say does anyone think i should send the same to inga/roan

laughs its been along time since i was in contact with them laughs

so should i get inouch with them you never know they may pay up and i didnt let them know about the revised charges etc all help would be great

thankyou all

take care

hugs

abg

hi this is the letter i sent to them

I think in your position I would write back (copy to FOS) something like

I refer to your letter dated XXX . This is a totally inadequate reply to my complaint and is obviously just one of your standard replies. considering you have already sent a representative to court appearance case number xxxxx dates xxxx - your letter does not even make sense.

I commenced this case and registered my concerns originally in XXXX (date) and since then you have employed solicitors XXXXX to defend your case.

Also you refer to my account and advise me not to incurr any more charges??? Very difficult to do that as you closed my account without warning in June 2007???

Dont you think you could at least check your records before just sending me this nonsensical reply???!!

the fact remains that you have been informed on several occasions that I am a hardship case - you have not adhered to the recommend banking code practice in this respect - or to the terms of the waiver with the FSA.

I had no choice but to pursue my case through the court system and since then through the FOS. The court case caused me considerable anxiety and worsened my health.

Reference the FSA and FOS not being involved until the court case is settled you are well aware this does not apply to hardship cases in which you are obliged to at least consider the cicumstances - outside the court system.

I will send this copy letter to the FOS and would expect a more personal and appropriate reply within 7 days.

(enclose details of income and expenditure if you want to and the new spread sheet - also a copy to the court for their records?)

here is the letter i was going on about only the lil extra as i put in my post how mad i am and it to me sounds they are stalling gggrrrrrr

from copmplaints dept

i refer to your complaint about unauthorised overdraft charges. we believe that your complaint concerns the levels of fairness or lawfulness of the charges if it concerns something else such as admin error please let us know.

although we believe the charges are fair clear and lawful abbey along woth other banks and building soc 6 of them by the way

has become in voled in the legal procceedings with the oft in relation to unathorised overdraft charges which we believe will resolve the legal issues regarding the faierness and legalality of your unauthourised overdraft banking charges

it would be our normal approach to resolve your complaint through our interna; complaints process as quickly as poss ( mmmmeeeer dont think so when it takes them over a month to reply and acknowledge) thats a laugh

however untill the determination of the legal issues in the abvove procceedings we have asked the fsa to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints and the fsa has agreed to thid request subject to the conditions that protect your rights

given this court case we have asked both the fos and the courts not to procceed with any other case they are hearing until the test case is resolved fos has indicated that as a general proposition it will indeed not to proceed with cases which rely on the legal issues being considered in the test case

similarly you should be aware that if you choose to issue a clain in the courts the bank will immediately apply to the court for an order to stay your action untill resolution fo the banks proceedings with the oft

we note that you have raised concerns regarding your finincial situation if you have any additional info to demonstrate you are suffering financial difficulties please send it to us in the encloseed prepaid envlope quopting the above ref no this will allow us to consider your currant situation

to avoid charges in the future please insure that there is enough money in your a/c to cover d/d s and other payments made you might like to consider cdontacting our telephone banking centre on xxxxxxxxxxxx to discuss your financial arrangements and if there is anything we can do to help

(thats another laugh they closed my a/c without me telling them and this letter is not answering anything really i have to let them have my details of the new ammount wich is less than it was orginally) i dont have an a/c with them since they closed it without my knowledge june 07

if yopu are experincing fianacial difficulty you might like to consider contacting debt counciling or organasations who provide free help what a cheek isnt it arnt they

consumer credit counciling service on tel no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity bloody cheeky ......

national debt help line no .......... National Debtline, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000

alternativly contact cab

alternativly call our collecdtions and recoveries operations on ..............

who will be happy to talk through the options avalible to you ( i carnt belive this can you)

please note that if collections and recoveries become involed in the admin of your account it can have a detrimental affect on your credit bureau file

we are sorry that we havent been able to respond in full to your compplaint now (have they ever)

but we together with the fsa and the oft think that it is neccesary to resolve the key legal issues before we decide to respond to your complaint we can assure you that once the legal proccedings are completed we will resolve your complaint as quickly as poss and applying to test case principles if at that stage you do not agree (i dont)

with our conclusions you wil of coourse be able to refer your casde to the fos or to the courts

exactly what will happen next will depend on the courts we do not know how long the case will take we have promised to proceed as quickly as possible but inevitably given the importance of the issues being considered this may take many months

to finally resolve

we can assure uou we have registeered your complaint as of the date it was orginally received and have stored it please retain your bank records as this will make it easier for you to support your complaint on resolution of the test case

we will kee[ you updated appropraitley about the procceedings with the oft case you can check the ;atest position on our website at Abbey : Online banking, Mortgages, Savings, Current Accounts, Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Insurance & Inves

the fsa requires us to ensure that your complaint will not be adversely affected by the delay in dealing with it

customers for whom scotland is the most likely jurisdiction should be particularly aware of the following

1 you may choose to take your complaint against us to either the fos or the courts in scotland

2 your rights to refer your complaint to the fos will not be affected the fos provides a comvenient alternative to the courts and is free for consumers however as already explained you should ve aware that the fos has at our request deciced not to determine these complaints for the tome being untill the test case has been decided

3 however if you nonetheless wish to take your claim to the court in scotland you should be aware that the timinng of when you raise a claim against us may be imported as such you you may wish to seek independence advice on filing a claim now to protect your rights although you may have to pay a court fee, if you do this you should be aware thjat the bank will immediatly apply to the court to have your action on hold untill the resolution of the ganks legal procceedings with the oft

yours sincerly

richard harris

head of complaints

note not the person who fos said would be intouch with me

enc fos fact sheet

which is unorthrised overdrafts etc

so now i need to reply to this enclsing spreadsheet of the new charges which is less than the said amount

ty

abg

hi everyone i have had too letters of acknowledgement fro the fos.......

still have to do abbey a nother letter mmm what the heck do i put n say in the next one as see below the one i sent

stone if u see this or anyone else do i send it to ronan and inga as well let them have a look ghee they might payout hahahahah

as its the complaints dept im dealing with at the mo due to fos saying mr nasen but as u have all guessed no he hasnt been intouch at all apart from the normal whos signature is on all most letters richard harris

hugs

abg

How about something like:

I refer to your letter dated XXX

This just about sums up your attitude to my problem. You have sent me a standard letter without considering my personal situation at all. What is the point of advising me how to operate my account - when you closed it without notice in June 2007? Can you not check your records before you reply? Again I refer you to the agreement with the FSA where it states that under the agreement you are obliged to look at hardship cases during the period of the court case. I have on many occasions given you full details of my circumstances and if you check your records you have everything you require. You have forced me to court and worsened my fragile situation and all this stress is making my health situation worse.

I repeat my total claim is for XXXX and I will be sending a copy of your letter and my reply to my contact at the FOS for their comments.

I suggest that you maybe consider a more personal approach to this problem.

Or words to that effect ( did you send them a sheet of income expenditure before? if so send them a copy and any copies of letters that summarised your situation.

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hi jan and all

tyvvm for all your help

jan i just love your letters ty

iok heres the latest,

yes you have guessed not a thing from shabbey abbey...........

nothing at all from mr nansen

fos said he would be intouch no nothing no letter no phone call nowt!!!

just the sub normal from the normal richard harris.....

i havent had a reply since me sending the letter court order spread sheet hardship letter and many more

so now the fos has everything again and low and behold i have yet another reply from fos........

they have referred it to the case worker to deal with then it is there deccision

so yes i need your help again please

i need a letter to support what i have been saying

about the charges, nothing no communication from mr nansen everything i had done order from dj bryce

its all here in my thread

so can someone please do a letter for me to help me support me etc

thyvvvvvvvm

how is everyone getting on

stone how are you

chris how are you

everyone how are you

come in and share whatever news you have if got none then just come in and say hiya to me pretty please tyvvm

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya abg not got any more info for u love just popping in to say hi how u doing now love ??im fine in luton for a bit then back to sunny southport not ;)xxkia

hi kia lovely to hear from you take care will be reading in the group all about it etc hugs

abg

please can jan or anyone help me with the letter for the fos the higher uppers case ombudsman thats like a judge but not a formal i have put it in the post below kia's

tyvvm for any help

hugs

abg

i have counted the days from 12/04/2007 to 05/03/2008 which gave me a figure of 245.25 added to the interest alread up to april 245.25 +313.97=559.22

total in all to claim back £3,676.24

well if i am right i can go ahead and get this sent of to them

will wait till i hear thats its right...

Hello abroadgirl!

Here is a link that MAY help to explain s69 CCA 8%p.a Simple Interest to U...

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex302_e0907.pdf

(...bottom of p2 + top of p3)

Of course, U could always feed your figures into a spreadsheet + it will work things out for U...;)

Here is a very user friendly one by Mindzai...

Excel Spreadsheet by Mindzai

...Just remember to ONLY read the 8% spreadsheet + NOT the Contractual Interest one, if U intend to Claim s69 Interest...8-)

...:)

yep im back for now but sorry for not been around as much im flitting between luton and southport at the moment so not got as much time but i am following your case still :)keep up the fight xxkia

ty for your replies help

everything

how are you all

its ages since i have had nmy peeps popping in

hope my thread isnt getting stale for you all

hugs stay strong

keep up the fight

any more news or updates

abg

hiya kia, well it is really quiet i think everyone has gone quiet with this oft and nothing to say?

have u heard from si?

i keep popping in to see if there is any new posts and then i go looking in other threads

is there a new chat room then

so hows things with you

deep us updated and in fmf

take care hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxxx

i emailed si a while ago but got no answer so im a bit worried now as he noramlly answers ill try again see what happens ill let u know yes theres a new chat room its good go check it out its fun things are good with me havin a few problems with me teeanager at the moment so some serious butt kicking is coming up is it me or are teens very selfish u take care too xxkia

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Do you need any help at the moment or are you ok?

Jan

• Haha 1

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...

hi jan, i was so mad with the fos caseworker im afraid i was a lil hasty and it appears to m,e that she is on the banks side so i am now waiting to hear like us all about the oft test case

StopPressTopBarResult.gif

so what do we do now do we just hang on or do we send a letter to the court asking to lift the stay?

how is everyone else doing

pop in and let us know

take care

hugs

abg

xxxxxxxxxxx

...so what do we do now do we just hang on or do we send a letter to the court asking to lift the stay?...
It is still early days yet.

The 'WIN' is far from conclusive, given the Judge's additional comments + reasoning behind his decision.

The dust has to settle first + the ball is firmly in the Banks court.

Peeps will know more as the date for any appeal from the Banks approaches.

...:)

• 2 weeks later...

Or after the case conference on 22nd MAy.

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...

hello we have all been quiet i guess its cause of the oft test case

ok here is my update

now abbey have sent me a income and expenditure forms do i put down my income that i get now or when i was being all charges taken from benefits etc etc or do they want to know everything that we get and pay out now?

tyvvm abg

jan can you pm me as it was blocked in my inbox i am still trying desperatly to get in tyvvm

hugs

abg