• Tweets

• His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
    • Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, this is the skeleton argument that we have come up with. Your comments advice and suggestions are more than welcome. both ABG and I are unsure whether to include a para refering to hardships caused by by said charges. As the Bank closed the account some time ago it is my feeling that they cannot be held legally for these although morally they most certainly can, but at the same time it may invoke some sympathy from a cold hearted DJ.

SKELETON ARGUMENT FOR THE CLAIMANT

(Litigant in person)

In the proceedings on XX/XX/XXXX at XX:XX relating to the Claimants application to lift a stay

The Claimant will rely on the following submissions :

1 Delaying tactics:

It is my strong belief that the Defendant has used unfair delaying tactics in an attempt to slow down the proceeding in this case all along the line from my first approach requesting copies of all my monthly statements, some of which I still have not recieved. When I submitted my N1 Claim form to the Court on 12 April 2007 the Defendant filed an Acknowledgment of Service on 18 April 2007 this gave them 28 days from date of service to file their defence, this expired on 30 April 2007. I requested a judgment by default in view of the Defendant's failure to file defence by the 30 April, this was returned on 22 May 2002 as the defence was filed on 10 May 2007 ten days late, and in my humble opinion showing a lack of respect to both the Court and the due process of law. The Defendant then served me with an Allocation Questionnaire which I returned within the alloted timescale. Then on 04 July 2007 District Judge Law ordered that the claim be stayed until 04 August 2007 to enable the parties to attempt settlement He also ordered that “on or before 17 August 2007 , one of the following steps must be take:” Then followed a list of three options. I have made many and numerous attempts via letter, Email , fax and telephone call to try to negotiate a settlement with the Defendants , All of these attempts have met either a total lack of any response, a “fob off” letter informing me that my complaint was being dealt with and finally a curt note informing me that the Defendants would take no action in my claim until the result of the “test case” was known. Defendants have also on 2 occasions referred my closed bank account to Debt Collection Agencies to recover alleged debt incurred by their, in my opinion , unlawful ongoing charges.

Furthermore, it is my belief that the defendant had considerable prior knowledge of the Test Case being brought by the FSA to the High Court regarding unauthorized overdraft charges, and the agreed waiver on future claims until this case has been resolved and has used this knowledge to an unfair advantage to me. In my opinion in this the defendant has played “fast and loose” with regulations governing their business practices and has used the legal system to its own ends i.e. profit

It is again further to my belief that this test case bears little relevance to my claim, which is for the return of all penalty charges unlawfully levied on my bank account and was commenced long before there was any “test case”.

Abbey National Plc.:

the Defendants,Abbey National Plc. have already settled 100 similar case to my knowledge prior to the announcement of the “test case”, in the attached list the Court will see that Abbey National Plc. were the defendants in all of these cases. These are figures gleened from on of several web based forums and there must be many more cases that I am not aware of. In some of these Abbey actually filed defences and returned their allocation questionnaires, obliging the claimants to do the same. However in every one of these cases, Abbey have either settled at the “11th hour” or even in the court , where they stubbornly refuse to prove the justification of their penalty charges. In some cases the court has even ordered standard disclosure against defendant bank but those bank have then gone on to settle rather than reveal the details of its contractual penalties.

It is further submitted that the defendant in the instant case has no intention of going to a hearing.

It is submitted that the pattern of cases settled so far suggests very strongly that the bank is merely using the justice system as a publicly funded means of intimidating their customers and dissuading them from pursuing their legitimate right.

It is submitted that this is abusive of the justice system and of the public resource.

Human rights

It would infringe my rights under the European Convention on Human Rights directly and as enacted in the Human Rights Act 1998. Article 6 of the Convention provides that;

1. In the determination of his civil rights… everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time.”

It is submitted that the ordering of a stay as proposed is not reasonable. The 8 banks involved in the High Court test case have recently published identical statements on their websites informing customers that they expect the test case to last for over a year. Moreover, the nature and gravity of the case is such that any judgment is highly likely to be appealed to the Court of Appeal and possibly even then appealed further to the House of Lords. It is entirely conceivable that a final resolution may not be reached for 2 – 3 years or perhaps even longer. It is thus submitted that the period of any proposed stay cannot be accurately predicted and would therefore in effect be indeterminate, which is contrary to the right of entitlement to a fair hearing within a reasonable time as provided for by Article 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998.

The Overriding Objective

The Overriding Objective requires that my case is allowed to proceed speedily so that a just settlement may be obtained by the parties to this case. Dealing with cases justly includes ensuring that this case is dealt with expeditiously and fairly and in a way that is proportionate to the amount of money involved. It is submitted that the imposition of an indeterminate stay in a small claims track case involving a relatively small sum, at such an advanced stage in proceedings, is not just, nor is it expeditious, nor is it fair on a claimant who has outlaid sums by way of court fees in pursuit of a legitimate right to seek a remedy.

Balance of convenience

The sum claimed is insignificant to the bank but it is highly significant to me. Furthermore, although a stay prevents me from recovering my money, the defendant bank is not prevented from levying its charges or interest on debt comprised of those charges so the order of the court has the effect of favouring a powerful and well-resourced institution and does not place any restriction on their continued application of charges which I say are unlawful. Further, many banks are now routinely closing the accounts of their customers who commence claims against them as has happened in my case. This amounts to a sanction for seeking a ruling from the justice system and as such is a basic denial of citizenship.

Additionally, the defendant remains at liberty to enter my name on the default register which it and other banks routinely do in respect of unlawful penalties which are unpaid by their customers. The banks have direct and privileged access to this register. They have no need to obtain a County Court judgment before they may enter a default on the register. This default remains on the register for 6 years and causes enormous damage to reputations. Were my name to be entered on the default register I would find it impossible to get credit or a mortgage and I would have to pay higher fees for any credit which I did manage to obtain. The banks would also remain at liberty to bring legal proceedings against me for the recovery of any debt which mostly or entirely consists of penalty charges, penalty charges which are contended to be unlawful, but which consumers would be helpless to challenge in the event that stays are imposed on any claim where a customer is seeking to dispute the lawfulness of them.

It is submitted that a stay may potentially mean great difficulty for me and yet be insignificant for the defendant bank. In fact a stay is supportive of the banks litigation strategy which is to frustrate justice by repeatedly taking the claimant to the door of the court and then to settle the claim.

The Status Quo

The stay does not maintain the status quo. As submitted above, a stay favours the bank by preventing the claimant’s pursuit of its legitimate remedy without placing any restriction upon the banks activities which I submit are unlawful and/or retaliatory.

Furthermore, as submitted above the present case concerns a relatively small sum and is at a late stage in proceedings, and therefore I submit that to impose an indeterminate stay is unnecessary, inappropriate, not in the interests of justice and further, is detrimental to my rights in a way which is unfair and inequitable.

In the alternative

In view of the preceding paragraphs, if the court accedes to the defendant’s application for a stay notwithstanding these objections, I respectfully request that the court issues the following injunctions:

• That the defendant is prevented from applying interest charges to any outstanding amounts which are comprised of penalties until the settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant is prevented from making any entry on its own systems or from communicating any similar information to any third party about any matter insofar as it relates to penalty charges until the final settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant removes any derogatory entry on its own records insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data Protection Act 1998 )
  • That the defendant arranges the removal of entries from the records of any third parties to whom it has previously communicated information insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data protection Act 1998.)
  • That these injunctions remain in place until the settlement of my claim.
  • That should my claim proceed to a hearing that a decision should be made at the hearing as to whether these injunctions should be made permanent.
  • That if the matter should not proceed to a hearing because the defendant decides to settle outside court, that these injunctions should become permanent.

I, the Claimant, believe all facts stated to be true.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

I don't have many comments - no important ones. You have numbered the first heading butno others - only relevant if this document is being passed on to the court.

Under 'human rights' you start with 'It ...' - it might be clearer to strart with 'the stay ...'

As discussed by PM, add a paragraph on the defendant's unfair and intimidating debt collection practices.

it may invoke some sympathy from a cold hearted DJ
it may antagonise a bloody-minded one so go carefully ;)

I've just started reading and the dates here jump out at me as not making sense.

When I submitted my N1 Claim form to the Court on 12 April 2007 the Defendant filed an Acknowledgment of Service on 18 April 2007 this gave them 28 days from date of service to file their defence, this expired on 30 April 2007. I requested a judgment by default in view of the Defendant's failure to file defence by the 30 April, this was returned on 22 May 2002 as the defence was filed on 10 May 2007 ten days late,

28 days from 12 April is 10 May 2007 so the defence would appear to have been filed on time. Also 22 May date should presumably read 2007.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've just started reading and the dates here jump out at me as not making sense.

28 days from 12 April is 10 May 2007 so the defence would appear to have been filed on time. Also 22 May date should presumably read 2007.

Well spotted Caro, :) we missed that were working on 14 if they had not acknowledged service. will leave that in as illustration of leaving things to the very last minute.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Why don't you put in a complete new section, possibly after 'status quo' where you can talk about all the effects on abg - stress, etc and include Abbey's unfair and intimidatory debt collection activities (along with quotes from the OFT guidelines). You could call it 'other issues' or 'personal distress' or somoething like that.

I don't have many comments - no important ones. You have numbered the first heading butno others - only relevant if this document is being passed on to the court.

Under 'human rights' you start with 'It ...' - it might be clearer to strart with 'the stay ...'

As discussed by PM, add a paragraph on the defendant's unfair and intimidating debt collection practices.

[/size][/font]it may antagonise a bloody-minded one so go carefully ;)

Your comments are noted and step taken following your advice. We were thinking that it may help to explain how some situations arose, and adding even more to ABG s stresses

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Why don't you put in a complete new section, possibly after 'status quo' where you can talk about all the effects on abg - stress, etc and include Abbey's unfair and intimidatory debt collection activities (along with quotes from the OFT guidelines). You could call it 'other issues' or 'personal distress' or somoething like that.

again thanks Steven Would like to get this all done and dusted so that tommoz we are free to get court bundle sorted and orginised to look profesional, no better than profesional, we dont wish to turn up with a bunch of brown folders done up with a piece of sting.

I had better add copy of OFT guidelines to bundle also :eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Good advice Steven. I think you've done a great job Stone, and I'm sure abg must be very grateful for your input. You can only do your best and you certainly seem to have done that. Well done.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

OFT Guidelines

I wouldn't spend too much time tinkering then. Make sure the facts are right and go to bed ;)

just what we needed, tyvm

That is what I plan to do, not going to have another session like friday, I have a nice bottle of malt whiskey that I received from Santa that i hope to lower slightly LOL rofl3.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

I love it when men agree with me.:D

Hows this? will read comments in morning of to bed with my bottle of malt.

The Claimant will rely on the following submissions :

1 Delaying tactics:

It is my strong belief that the Defendant has used unfair delaying tactics in an attempt to slow down the proceeding in this case all along the line from my first approach requesting copies of all my monthly statements, some of which I still have not recieved. When I submitted my N1 Claim form to the Court on 12 April 2007 the Defendant filed an Acknowledgment of Service on 18 April 2007 this gave them 28 days from date of service to file their defence, this expired on 30 April 2007. I requested a judgment by default in view of the Defendant's failure to file defence by the 30 April, this was returned on 22 May 2007 as the defence was filed on 10 May 2007 at the very last moment. The Defendant then served me with an Allocation Questionnaire which I returned within the alloted timescale. Then on 04 July 2007 District Judge Law ordered that the claim be stayed until 04 August 2007 to enable the parties to attempt settlement He also ordered that “on or before 17 August 2007 , one of the following steps must be take:” Then followed a list of three options. I have made many and numerous attempts via letter, Email , fax and telephone call to try to negotiate a settlement with the Defendants , All of these attempts have met either a total lack of any response, a “fob off” letter informing me that my complaint was being dealt with and finally a curt note informing me that the Defendants would take no action in my claim until the result of the “test case” was known. Defendants have also on 2 occasions referred my closed bank account to Debt Collection Agencies to recover alleged debt incurred by their, in my opinion , unlawful ongoing charges.

Furthermore, it is my belief that the defendant had considerable prior knowledge of the Test Case being brought by the FSA to the High Court regarding unauthorized overdraft charges, and the agreed waiver on future claims until this case has been resolved and has used this knowledge to an unfair advantage to me. In my opinion in this the defendant has played “fast and loose” with regulations governing their business practices and has used the legal system to its own ends i.e. profit

It is again further to my belief that this test case bears little relevance to my claim, which is for the return of all penalty charges unlawfully levied on my bank account and was commenced long before there was any “test case”.

Abbey National Plc.:

the Defendants,Abbey National Plc. have already settled 100 similar case to my knowledge prior to the announcement of the “test case”, in the attached list the Court will see that Abbey National Plc. were the defendants in all of these cases. These are figures gleaned from on of several web based forums and there must be many more cases that I am not aware of. In some of these Abbey actually filed defences and returned their allocation questionnaires, obliging the claimants to do the same. However in every one of these cases, Abbey have either settled at the “11th hour” or even in the court , where they stubbornly refuse to prove the justification of their penalty charges. In some cases the court has even ordered standard disclosure against defendant bank but those bank have then gone on to settle rather than reveal the details of its contractual penalties.

It is further submitted that the defendant in the instant case has no intention of going to a hearing.

It is submitted that the pattern of cases settled so far suggests very strongly that the bank is merely using the justice system as a publicly funded means of intimidating their customers and dissuading them from pursuing their legitimate right.

It is submitted that this is abusive of the justice system and of the public resource.

Human rights

The stay would infringe my rights under the European Convention on Human Rights directly and as enacted in the Human Rights Act 1998. Article 6 of the Convention provides that;

1. In the determination of his civil rights… everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time.”

It is submitted that the ordering of a stay as proposed is not reasonable. The 8 banks involved in the High Court test case have recently published identical statements on their websites informing customers that they expect the test case to last for over a year. Moreover, the nature and gravity of the case is such that any judgment is highly likely to be appealed to the Court of Appeal and possibly even then appealed further to the House of Lords. It is entirely conceivable that a final resolution may not be reached for 2 – 3 years or perhaps even longer. It is thus submitted that the period of any proposed stay cannot be accurately predicted and would therefore in effect be indeterminate, which is contrary to the right of entitlement to a fair hearing within a reasonable time as provided for by Article 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998.

The Overriding Objective

The Overriding Objective requires that my case is allowed to proceed speedily so that a just settlement may be obtained by the parties to this case. Dealing with cases justly includes ensuring that this case is dealt with expeditiously and fairly and in a way that is proportionate to the amount of money involved. It is submitted that the imposition of an indeterminate stay in a small claims track case involving a relatively small sum, at such an advanced stage in proceedings, is not just, nor is it expeditious, nor is it fair on a claimant who has outlaid sums by way of court fees in pursuit of a legitimate right to seek a remedy.

Balance of convenience

The sum claimed is insignificant to the bank but it is highly significant to me. Furthermore, although a stay prevents me from recovering my money, the defendant bank is not prevented from levying its charges or interest on debt comprised of those charges so the order of the court has the effect of favouring a powerful and well-resourced institution and does not place any restriction on their continued application of charges which I say are unlawful. Further, many banks are now routinely closing the accounts of their customers who commence claims against them as has happened in my case. This amounts to a sanction for seeking a ruling from the justice system and as such is a basic denial of citizenship.

Additionally, the defendant remains at liberty to enter my name on the default register which it and other banks routinely do in respect of unlawful penalties which are unpaid by their customers. The banks have direct and privileged access to this register. They have no need to obtain a County Court judgment before they may enter a default on the register. This default remains on the register for 6 years and causes enormous damage to reputations. Were my name to be entered on the default register I would find it impossible to get credit or a mortgage and I would have to pay higher fees for any credit which I did manage to obtain. The banks would also remain at liberty to bring legal proceedings against me for the recovery of any debt which mostly or entirely consists of penalty charges, penalty charges which are contended to be unlawful, but which consumers would be helpless to challenge in the event that stays are imposed on any claim where a customer is seeking to dispute the lawfulness of them.

It is submitted that a stay may potentially mean great difficulty for me and yet be insignificant for the defendant bank. In fact a stay is supportive of the banks litigation strategy which is to frustrate justice by repeatedly taking the claimant to the door of the court and then to settle the claim.

The Status Quo

The stay does not maintain the status quo. As submitted above, a stay favours the bank by preventing the claimant’s pursuit of its legitimate remedy without placing any restriction upon the banks activities which I submit are unlawful and/or retaliatory.

Furthermore, as submitted above the present case concerns a relatively small sum and is at a late stage in proceedings, and therefore I submit that to impose an indeterminate stay is unnecessary, inappropriate, not in the interests of justice and further, is detrimental to my rights in a way which is unfair and inequitable.

Other Issues

All of this has been very stressful to both myself and my husband as we live on a very limited income derived solely from state benefits, My husband was working as a Postman but for health reasons he was unable to continue this employment.We were purchasing our own home but because of the bank charges arising from our reduced income we had to give up our mortgage and pay rent for our home. At times due to charges being taken from my bank account I was unable to buy essential commodities that we needed to live and I mean really basic essentials like sanitary towels. I had to take a loan from a private loan company simply to put us on a viable footing, having to pay exorbitant interest rates that nearly doubled the original loan. As the level of the charges increased I felt at times like I was digging my way out of a hole in the sand, the more I dug out the more sand that fell back in. for instance 1 failed direct debit of £20 will mean a charge of £30, thus next £40 plus the £30 a total of £70 is taken from the account that leaves a shortfall in that weeks money thereby causing another direct debit to fail and the problem escalates from there Government figures say that a married couple need £240 per week to live on. A £30 bank charge levied on this represents 12.5%, if the banks charged big business and wealthy customers at this rate for misdemeanors these customers would soon be taking their business elsewhere. On top of all this Abbey then set 2 Debt Collection agencies on me to recover an alleged debt on the account which they had closed without informing me, which is a breach of Banking Code of Practice and a breach of the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection guidelines:

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive

1. Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

1. c. using more than one debt collection business at the same time in repetitive and/or frequent contact by different parties.

d. not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on as appropriate resulting in repetitive and /or frequent contact by different parties
    e. not informing the debtor when their case has been passed on to a different debt collector

1. h. ignoring and/or disregarding that debts have been settled or are disputed and in continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair
    2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:
    i. Failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed , possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly persued
    k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt

all of these above plus the manner in which Abbey have conducted themselves in this case by their refusal to reply to letters, emails , faxes and telephone calls their refusal to negotiate a settlement as ordered by Judge Laws I submit constitute a complete disregard for the law, the justice system of this country and is an abuse of process and request that this stay be lifted and Abbey National Plc. be ordered to either settle this claim forthwith or attend a hearing to argue its case

In the alternative

In view of the preceding paragraphs, if the court accedes to the defendant’s application for a stay notwithstanding these objections, I respectfully request that the court issues the following injunctions:

• That the defendant is prevented from applying interest charges to any outstanding amounts which are comprised of penalties until the settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant is prevented from making any entry on its own systems or from communicating any similar information to any third party about any matter insofar as it relates to penalty charges until the final settlement of the matter.
  • That the defendant removes any derogatory entry on its own records insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data Protection Act 1998 )
  • That the defendant arranges the removal of entries from the records of any third parties to whom it has previously communicated information insofar as it relates to penalty charges. (The Court has the power to do this under the Data protection Act 1998.)
  • That these injunctions remain in place until the settlement of my claim.
  • That should my claim proceed to a hearing that a decision should be made at the hearing as to whether these injunctions should be made permanent.
  • That if the matter should not proceed to a hearing because the defendant decides to settle outside court, that these injunctions should become permanent.

I, the Claimant, believe all facts stated to be true.

azeb.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

oh my what can i say i carnt say itenough

i am very very grateful to stone, and i find i cannot thank him enough

i would also like to thank each and everyone of you here in my thread you have all been gems and are my stars, i thankyou each and everyone of you for everything to be honest i was going to as they say thrown in the towel but you all kept me going and i cannot stress enough how grateful i am to you all

THANKYOU SO VERY VERY MUCH

im feeling a lil down and my stomach is going over n over its just the thought of tomorrow but take deep breaths and look on the bright side i guess

thankyou all for everything

thankyou so much to those who has offered to come with me and help me with all this paper work, please if anyone does still want to come and see what happens and what they say please do at blackpool county court at 2pm

laughs youre all welcome

hahahahaha

lol

thankyou all

veryspecialfriend-title1.gif

fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetMBPhoto&ImageID=nFgAAAFsFrTRG0yfa2rtnek9oRCi4qr4Q06fjpEZoPIMxB5*2ReLnUg

fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nGwDMHKoI82Wsk*En8HGgbkHka6p5qMtUqFbpwovasVqWoo7NZfWMjEhzz1VAMFlo from abg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fantastic work stone. So glad some practical help has been offered to this particular case.

Best of luck for tomorrow. Even if the case is still stayed at least the courts will know what Abbey has put Abroadgirl through.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

All the best abroadgirl and stone.

Let us know as soon as you can - there'll be a load of people hitting the 'refresh' button every 5 seconds until there hear the result :D

we both extend our gratefull thanks to all who have helped us with this. we have just put it to bed , all done and dusted, it`s all down to the judge now. But we are both feeling confident of success. Thanks again . you know who you are. :D:D:D

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Very best of luck today abg. I sincerely hope it goes well for you.

Fingers/thumbs/knees/toes crossed (very hard to do, you know!)

Lotsa luv

Jo xx:)

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

we both extend our gratefull thanks to all who have helped us with this. we have just put it to bed , all done and dusted, it`s all down to the judge now. But we are both feeling confident of success. Thanks again . you know who you are. :D:D:D

Glad you see you're feeling confident. If deserving to win has anything to do with it you can't fail, but in case that doesn't work I'll have everything crossed too.;)

thinking of you both

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE