abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ABG, some site helpers and mods would like to take a look at your particulars of claim, to make sure that you are properly prepared, would you mind posting them up here as soon as possible please.

Hope you are feeling better :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awlula tyvvm and to all site helpers

i am that confused and upset i have 7 hardback folders i is doing my head in as i said i feel i cannot carry on and blowing it all in ive done nothing but worry and have taken too asthma attacks a bad one the other day where i had to jump on the fooor for attension they said i was as whiter than sonow it was horrible i am frightend incase i take another one that was a bad wone well enought of me

please can you tell me what i need to send you please

and i have to do another charges sheet which is doing my head in there is i feel so much i really dont know please can you let me know what i need to send to you please tyvvm to you and all for your help

hugs

abg

Hi ABG, My offer to come to court with you still stands. Just PM me If you want to meet up a couple of days earlier and I will take a look through what you need etc. although I am not at all expert I amsure that we can work something out. Stone

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Hi

I see you are getting lots of offers of help

Also I have an offer from someone else who is in your area.

I think that as your thread is long they want to know if you mentioned anything to the court officially about them taking your benefits money - that is in the POC or the appeal agaoinst stay. If you only mentioned it in letters /faxes/emails to the Abbey then that is different.

if you can not scan or post the POC and just used the standard forms from the libary here then just say that.

I think it is just the fact of we need to clairify on what basis you appealed against the stay?

Is that right folks?

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

tysvm i will get my ni

as since then i have found alot more out so i dont think it is in the ni form i submitted to the court apart on the grounds about having the stay lifted will get it for u

tyvm

hugs

abg

stone pm me where about you are

tyvm

Hi ABG, My offer to come to court with you still stands. Just PM me If you want to meet up a couple of days earlier and I will take a look through what you need etc. although I am not at all expert I amsure that we can work something out. Stone
Stone - you have some PMs

here is my n244

PART C

The charges has caused hardship and have been taken from my benefits there were charges at one point of over £115 pounds taken from my benefit I have previously enclosed and sent to the courts, bank statements, where you will see this charge and many more that was taken out of my benefits which has caused many times hardship there was also an ongoing charges which lead to £329 in ongoing charges repeatedly charges for the same from January 9th 2007. these have all been sent to the courts manager along with my statements letters allocation questionnaire & court bundle my settlement offer was £6,500.00 to abbey I am enclosing all documentation which relates to how I have tried to settle with my bank.

I have abided by there ruling and advice but have had no joy and due to deliberate delay by abbey in finalizing an amicable settlement figure on my claim this has now taken me into the pending test case scenario and I strongly feel that if this test case had not been brought in at this point I would have now settled the claim and would not now be feeling as if the abbey have taken full advantage of the test case and its ability to manipulate the system to there advantage leaving me with no option but to literally "beg" for the settlement I have tried in vain to settle this out of court and are still awaiting a positive response and reasonable settlement from abbey under the courts advice dated 4th July 2007 instructed by the courts I am feeling that I am being messed around after the courts directions on coming to an agreement I am still trying to negotiate with them but they are not responding back to me.

I have contacted abbey Inga.kirham, on several occasions being her last letter to me saying

that abbey national will not be making any further settlement to you. They haven't made no offer at all and just say they will not until the oft test case in which my claim was in hand well before all this oft test case.

I have tried every way i can to make a settlement for this claim but failed with the non response of abbey attempting to offer any kind of settlement.

I have been left at times with nothing as these charges was taken from my DLA,SDA, & Mobility benefit payments made by the DWP. therefore i am now asking for a lift of the stay, and want to stop wasting the courts and district judge law's time and wasting there time when a settlement can be made or ordered by his/her right honourable judge law. This has affected my health considerable which now has left me with a slight mumour and palpitations through the upsetness of trying for a settlement, and the hardship it has caused me and my family in the past.

Thanking your right honourable judge law for your time in my case, also I am sorry for wasting your time which could have been resolved if abbey had offered me a settlement. I did send abbey a copy of the DSS acts 1 & 2 in which i am enclosing with this form

Under S187 of the ssa, benefit payments going into the account are exempt from a charge or levy.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully

on the front i asked for lift of the stay see section c which is above

tyvvm

hugs

abg

tysvm i will get my ni

as since then i have found alot more out so i dont think it is in the ni form i submitted to the court apart on the grounds about having the stay lifted will get it for u

tyvm

hugs

abg

stone pm me where about you are

tyvm

Hi, ABG you will have to reset your contol; panel as it is set not to accept PMs

Hugs Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

hi all

hi jan

well i phoned fos and was told that that it would be maybe next week before i har anything and if they can help etc the norm

after the responce it can take up to 6 months and has advised me to contact the courts solicitor?

he said they cannot do a quick fix

i didnt ask for that nor did i mention it

yes now love i think a last letter to sh abbery

can you help or do i just copy the one in your last post

tyvm for your help

hugs

abg

I am not an expert but I dont think the courts will want any more paperwork than what you sent in with your appeal papers

By all means amend your spread sheet by adding on any subsequent charges - if you were awarded the monies the courts could calculate the interest - but I repeat - I think this may be out of the courts hands as the case is imminent they will have no choice but to stay the case. So please dont get over anxious. I think you have just got to go along - state how upset and distressed you are that they have not attempted to look at your case when it is so obviously a hardship case.This should have been dealt with outside the court system . And maybe aim for asking the court to freeze any further charges while the case is in progress.

Let the court do the talking and just answer the questions the best you can - this is about the stay - not the legalities of the charges - so you will not be expected to argur all of that.

you have lots of offers of help - so I am sure you will be fine.

to be honest I think Abbey have had every chance to sort this out - so although I said try one more fax - maybe you have done everything you can and maybe you should just let the court have their say on the matter.

Jan

• Haha 1

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

by the way - i think a little adverse publicity for the abbey might be justified after the case???

jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hi

just going to devon for the weekend - but will be thinking of you.

I am sure you have got some good help now and just hope your ordeal is not too stressful - and even if you dont get a result I hope they give the Abbey a hard time.

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hi jan, hope u have a brill time looking forward to hearing how it went

stone is coming with me tyvvm

if anyone would like to come to see what happens etc you are more than welcome i have pink glasses on hahahahha

its at blackpool county courts on 8th jan at 2pm

take care everyone

hugs

abg

I've merged your new thread with your existing one abg as it makes it easier for those helping you to see everything on one thread. You mention that stone is coming with you to court so maybe he'll be kind enough to help you with the calculation. Try not to worry too much.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi caro, tyvm for your reply

it was stone who recognised this for me and told me

would it be best to tell the judge first or let him know before we go to court stone says its best to tell the judge on the day of the hearing?

hugs

abg

Sounds like stone has the right idea then. I don't think there's really anything else that you can do at this stage.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.