Arrow Global Receivables

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4257 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I took out a loan with Paragon Finance in 2001 for around £12K, making regular monthly payments of £253 for around two years. When I got into difficulty with the repayments I spoke to Paragon and the payments were reduced to £30 per month, on the understanding interest was frozen!

About 18 months ago I made an offer to Paragon to settle the loan. I offered to pay 100% of the original figure. This was declined....I then spent several months asking them for statements, which were not forthcoming.

I then got sidetracked and let the matter slip, simply paying the minimal payment.

A few months ago I was contacted by Arrow Global who had been 'assigned the debt'. Which had some how DOUBLED in three years!!!. I found this site and refused to acknowledge the debt until I received a copy of the deed of assignment and original credit agreement. Needless to say neither have been forthcoming. Last week I received a county court claim form, which I acknowledged receipt of. I have also asked for the subject access request (thanks to electric lemon and laiste).

Anyhow I am hoping to put my defence together shortly and note that the date I believe the credit agreement was signed differs from the date on the particulars of claim on the court forms! Does this form part of the defence along with no original credit agreement and/or deed of assignment??????

Have been doing some more research, If you are having problems with Arrow try this link aswell http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/81311-dencha-arrow-global-receivables.html#post891280

HELP, I have just noticed that the default letter from CBS Transcom is dated 24th May and the court claim form 30th May, they have given me 7 days, reading other threads I believe they are required under the CCA to give me 14!......is this correct

Guest Mincemeat

Yes, they have to give you 14 days after September (and October 2006). Hopefully someone else will confirm, but both the default and the claim form are unlawful (as you we're not in default when the claim form was issued). You need someone else to concur this, but I believe this is a basis of a defence.

Hi Steve,

The issue to do with the Default Notice (DN) is not really the point. There are arguments to be raised in respect of the DN, but if you have not been meeting your full pmt obligations each month, you are actually in default, so on that basis they have not acted unawfully in starting legal action. Whether they have a legal right to issue a claim on the basis of a DoA is quite another matter and if you have not received Notice of the DoA or the Notice is invalid for one or other reason, then starting a claim would be unlawful.

Have you filed the Acknowledgement of Service (AoS) yet? When does the defence have to be filed by? Have you sent the letter adapted from Electric Lemon's thread and when do have until to comply?

Regards,

Laiste.:)

Guest Mincemeat

I would never argue with you Laiste, but can you clarify that if a default notice is issued, incorrectly, and subsequently a default is registered and a claim form issued on the basis of an unlawful default notice, the account isn't technically in default as the customer has not been informed properly and therefore the DCA cannot issue proceedings on this?

I'm not arguing, merely asking you to comment (and hopefully clarifying my understanding).

Hi Laiste

I filed the AoS online last night, so 7th June 2007. So I assume that I have 28 days from today to file my defence????? The letter to disclose the information will be posted special delivery on the 8th (tomorrow!) special delivery giving them 10 days to respond. No CCA or DoA in post today... They seem to have the incorect date for the cradit agreement on the claim form.

I would never argue with you Laiste, but can you clarify that if a default notice is issued, incorrectly, and subsequently a default is registered and a claim form issued on the basis of an unlawful default notice, the account isn't technically in default as the customer has not been informed properly and therefore the DCA cannot issue proceedings on this?

I'm not arguing, merely asking you to comment (and hopefully clarifying my understanding).

Mincemeat,

You are perfectly entitled to query what I'm saying, don't feel you

can't! LOL

You are absolutely correct, if a DN is issued incorrectly and it's registered with the CRA's and a claim is issued on that basis, not only have the creditors unlawfully terminated the contract, they have processed your personal info unlawfully under the DPA 1998 and the info logged with the CRA's amounts to defamation. Issuing the claim amounts to unlawful harassment as they had no right to issue it.

A further point on DN's, like agreements they have to adhere to a prescribed form and contain particular details, if it doesn't it's invalid. The classic mistake all creditors/DCA's make is, when a DN is issued the amount claimed includes penalty charges. Given that such charges are unlawful their inclusion renders the DN wholly unenforceable as the amount stated to remedy the breach of contract must be accurate.

There are many ways to catch creditors/DCA's out, it's a question of scrutinising everything!;)

Regards,

Laiste.:)

• 5 months later...

WHY is (was) this company sueing you under the name

Arrow Global Receivables Management Ltd

if we have used an incorrect name can someone please correct it

can someone find out if as we suspect this is a jersey registered company ??

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

ok

we have

Company Name:

ARROW GLOBAL RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT LIMITED

Company No: 05875306

Registered Office:Incorporated: 13/07/200620-22 BEDFORD ROW

LONDON

WC1R 4JS

WC1R 4JS

Company Type: Private LimitedReport Status: Full DataAccounts Type: UnknownLatest Accounts to: ?Latest Return to: 13/07/2007

they are managing the receivables (securisation)

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

• 1 year later...

help please. i had a loan with paragon which i took out in 1997 for £10,000. i paid the full repayments for about 5 yrs when my partner lost his job and i phoned paragon to reduce my payments. they agreed to do so and said they would freeze the interest. about 2 years age i got a letter from transcom saying they had taken over the management of the debt on behalf of arrow global. i did make a few payments to transcom but then they sent a letter saying i owed £31,000. i then found this site and stopped payments to transcom in jan 2008. i did receive a letter from them in august 2008 saying if i did not pay the debt they would take me to court, i rang them and the person at their end told me to send a letter saying i could not afford to pay the amount they were asking for and list my financial income and outgoings. i did this and sent it recorded delivery. i heard nothing from them. but last weeks i received a letter from uk debt & legal service demanding payment of £28,000 on behalf of arrow global.

please help what should i do next??

I would set up your own thread for this. Wait till someone else comes along but may be worth sending Paragon a SAR.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

- This quote has been attributed to Mark Twain

First send Uk Debt & Legal a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforcable. If they fail to provide it within 12+2 days or the CCA is unenforcable you can legally withold any payment until they do. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order. When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there;

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account No: XXXXXXXX/Your Reference Number: XXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

You should also note that I will only discuss this matter in writing and should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you or any of your associates.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance. (Optional addition)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully **Edit to suit**

(Print do not sign signature)

When you get a reply if you start a new thread in Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums we'll be able to advise you further.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT