• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

skintboy69 v MBNA

skintboy69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all.

I sent my S.A.R. at the beginning of May and much to my surprise received my info AND my fee returned yesterday. They said in the covering letter that they would supply the info free on this occasion. Fair do's I suppose as they have taken a damned site more than a tenner off me over the years. (I wish to return the compliment).

I played with the various spreadsheets for calculating CCI, @ 29.5% and was pretty staggered by the final totals. About £600 in charges and about £1500 in interest. Can this be right?? I dooooooooo hope so.

Preliminary letter will be in the post in the morning and everything will be crossed for the next 14 days.

Cheers,

T.

Hi Wednesday.

Do you really think it's too high? I understand quite a few are calculating interest at up to 34% I believe that's Capital One's current rate.

What is usual with MBNA?

Cheers T.

No idea really skintboy, MBNA didnt send me that information regarding my card. When i finall got my sar :(

Id love to know my interest rate, ive got £1700 waiting to be added to an interest charge :)

A few ive seen have said late teens or lower twenties for their interest, just yours was highest ive seen.

I'm bored!!!

Sent the preliminary letter on Saturday - recorded - and it was delivered yesterday. I revised my interest rate down to 24.9% which seems to be more usual with these guys :o .

All I have to do is wait and it's the same with my other 'projects' as well. All I can do (apart from reading posts on this most excellent site - and gaining strength thereby :D ) is to tick off the days and wait for the postman. I quite like the postman these days. I used to think he was my own personal fiend sent by the banks to torment me:lol: :lol: :lol: .

Joking apart, finding this site and taking on the financial institutions at their own game has changed my entire outlook; and I love it.

Keep on keeping on.

T.

Hi Skintboy, glad you are addicted too, how you getting on with ****tybank? Haven't heard a peep from them since they told us they don't need an agreement, prob all change now they've seen this:lol: Haven't had any agreements yet, as you say waiting is interesting, my calendar has never looked so full! Most of ours have defaulted and we are on the final countdown, so hoping it continues that way, mind you getting bleary eyed keeping up with everyone's threads, cheers m'dears;) :grin:

Hi m.m. Good to hear from you again.

Everything is rolling along and once the initial 40 days is up I suppose things will start moving quicker - however, the clock is ticking and, as the saying goes, (more or less:lol: ) 'The wheels of justice grind slow, but exceeding fine'.

Here's a question I haven't seen addressed anywhere on this site: Once the banks have refunded your charges etc. do they then resume charging you for future late payments etc.

If so, the courts will start making the huge profits hitherto reserved for banks.:grin: .

Cheers

T.

Here's a question I haven't seen addressed anywhere on this site: Once the banks have refunded your charges etc. do they then resume charging you for future late payments etc.T.

Certainly do, ive seen threads where people are on their second, third and even fourth claim :eek:

Totally agree with you about being bored, i find myself checking this site daily just to see who is getting paid etc.

Im bored of waiting, waiting the postie to turn up, only to find he hasnt got anything :rolleyes:

Im currently doing these:

HSBC Waiting for Court Date

MBNA Waiting for Statements

HSBC Loan Waititng for CCA Request

Egg Waiting for Statements and starting to reclaim PPI

HSBC Credit Card Waiting for Statements.

Im going to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) within the next few weeks, Citicards, HSBC Loan

Least footy fixtures are out tomorrow.

Apologies for the colour :smile:

Hi Wednesday. They must be mad - or maybe their trying to spend ALL of our money before we can claim it back :lol: .

I see, from your list, that you've been right busy. I'm going to do mine in batches of three to make sure I can keep up with them all.

Mind you, if the ennui gets too bad, I might just wizz a quick one off to Barclaycard :grin: .

Fight the good fight.

Cheers

T.

Yes, I must admit to being a little confused as have done OH's, mine and daughter's and now they're all coming to fruition at the same time(in a good way though)not one has an agreement!!:cool: The thing with the charges is what worried OH and I re his claim with Bcard, altho we have claimed costs of preparation (forgot extra 8% between MCOL and settlement) they didn't mention in their offer anything about the account being closed and the balance cleared which it should have been so continuing to court as we want default removed too, loads of preparation to do this weekend, my head is spinning:D

Hi m.m. You would think that these guys would cut their losses and just pay out. Surely it has penetrated their thick heads that this isn't just going to go away.

Anyway, I received my 'Goodwill Offer' in the post today. As you may imagine, it is nowhere near enough. I wonder if many people accept them?

Rejection letter in the post tomorrow then (oh dear) more counting down.

Still, 14 days isn't tooooooooo long :D .

Keep the faith.

T.

I must be loosing my marbles. It isn't 14 days at all. It's only 9.

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:lol: :lol: :lol:

T.

Yeah, and at the moment they are taking 28 days to reply as a standard timeline! They are apparently so snowed under - continue drumming of fingers!:D

Thanks for that Empowered: you brighten my day.

I've got to say that so far they have been very quick in responding - mind you, these are the first and easy stages. My next letter to them is the dreaded LBA :D .

I'll keep on shoveling that snow. :p :p :p

T.

• 2 weeks later...

At last the day has arrived and these guys have run out of time. 14 days have elapsed since my request for payment and I've heard zippo.

LBA printed and ready to go. They should have it by Thursday.

What next I wonder: a cheque for millions :o or another snotty letter? :rolleyes:

Well, it's all rock and roll to me. Either way these gents will have a run for MY money.

Fight the good fight.

Cheers, T.

• 1 year later...

Good evening Dudes. It's been ages since I've been on this forum; but I've not been entirely idle for the last year or so having recovered all wifey's charges from these guys +cci (and I didn't even ask for it originally) not to mention BC and a few other bits.

For my own part, I got three gestures of goodwill which amounted to about half my full claim. Unfortunately, at that point I took my eye off the ball (it was a work thing) and pursued it no further.

So, the question is; can I just carry on and go for the balance or do I have to start again with a new claim? Can I just say that at NO time did I accept any of these payments as 'full and final settlement'.

Keep the faith.

T. 8)

• 4 months later...

I finally got back in touch with Rachel Claridge at the beginning of April.

I told her that while 'archiving' some old stuff I had re-discovered my claim details from 2007 and was surprised that they hadn't paid the full amount requested and didn't she think it had better be sorted.

I wasn't surprised to receive no answer, so I sent an LBA a couple of days ago. It was delivered to Chester today so I prepared myself for a 14 day wait.

Shock horror........ when I got home from work today, there was a letter; their 'final response' and enclosed with it was a cheque for the whole outstanding amount :eek:.

I am sure all you caggers will realise that I did not, at any time, have any ligitimate claim against MBNA at all and that they have given me ALL charges + CCI just because I'm a nice bloke and they value our 'relationship' - you know, the one between me and them over my account (which was paid up and closed three years ago).

The moral of this story is to keep fighting. They will pay up if we don't give up.

Would some kind soul change my title to 'won'??

Keep the faith.

T. :cool: