Money Claim Online or N1 form?

Samuel2222

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am preparing my claim for 8k, of which approximately 5k is contractual interest at the unauthorised borrowing rate.

Please could someone advise me of the best alternative: Moneyclaim or the standard N1 form? What are the charges for each?

Once again I appriciate all the help and will be sure to donate 5% if this is seen through successfully.

Many thanks

Also, do the court charge brackets take account of the interest within the claim or not? E.g. if I am claiming 3k plus 5k, would I be charged the fee for the claim being 3k or 8k?

Hi Samuel.

MCOL is probably the easiest to use but you only have a limited amount of space for your POC (particulars of claim). N.1 gives you a lot more space and if were necessary, you could continue on a seperate sheet.

The cost is the same with either method.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/63-county-court-fees-exemptions.html

The N1 form can be downloaded from the templates library.

Please do not ask me about contractual interest, because it is something that I don't agree with. I don't know of any legal justification for claiming it.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Please do not ask me about contractual interest, because it is something that I don't agree with. I don't know of any legal justification for claiming it.
Jeez, now we have someone, a moderator to boot, saying that he or she does not see any legal justification for claiming contractual interest.

This site really is becoming more of a hinderance than a help.

I've just spent about 10 hours revising my claim because so many people are saying that CI is the correct way to go, and there is a MASSIVE thread about someone who sucessfully claimed CI, and now this!

When you say you don't know of any legal justification, are you in any way legally qualified?

Is there any reason we should assume that if there was a legal justification you WOULD know about it?

Are you of the opinion that the much spoken of "principle of mutuality and reciprocity" is just something that has been made up by laymen here?

I apologise in advance if you find my tone somewhat annoyed, but that's because I am annoyed :mad: