decided to fight back today -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im new to this so sorry while i rant on - - in march halifax took £78 - april £30 - may £28 - june gonna take £90 this is because i was off work sick (unpaid) and things got behind!! couldn't believe this morning another charge £30 for a £3.64 payment!!!!! i rang them and asked if they could waiver the charges because of my situation and was flatly told 'no we already waivered a charge back in 2006'!!! :x - i have only been banking with them for 18 years:rolleyes: so i have a letter requesting the last 6 years bank charges but not sure where to send it? can anyone help

:confused::confused:

thanks

Is the letter that you have a Data Protection Act SARs request. If not then check-out the letter templates library for the correct one.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Don't forget to enclose the £10 fee. More often than not, they will return the £10 but if you don't enclose it, they might use that as an excuse to delay you.

Get that filled in and sent (recorded delivery, then you have proof of receipt). {{Keep copies of all your letters, in and out, so tht you have a permanent record of who said what and when}}.

While you are waiting for your account information, spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. You will find a lot of essential info there which answer most of your initial questions.

Start you own "battle-thread" in the Halifax Forum and post any questions and progress reports there.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Just to add to Rooster's excellent post.

DON'T limit yourself to 6 years, push for ALL the statements you can get your hands on and claim the lot ;)

There's some excellent threads on the site that cover all the legal stuff for this action.

Go for it.

In for a penny in for a few more quid.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Send the letter to:

DSAR Team

10 Carlton Street

Halifax

HX1 2AL

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Remember to send it recorded delivery.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The letter Rooster linked to doesn't have any times on it.

Basically it asks for ALL the information that they have .

This thread covers the 6 year issue: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

Ok it's a long read but well worth it.

After all Bankfodder started it ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Look forward to seeing you in Halifax squad!!!:)

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)