Night Owl V's Lloyds

Night Owl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My story starts 05/03/2007 when I asked Lloyds for my list of charges for the last 6 years. My list arrived 04/04/2007 and I got down to calculating!

O/D interest, Acc. charge, O/D excess fee, Unpaid D/D, Unpaid Personal loan and Unpaid personal cheque added up to £6010.11 plus £804.62 interest at the statutory rate. Total to claim £6814.73.

Have I done anything wrong so far? :confused:

My next letter requesting payment of my charges was sent 10/04/2007.

Received the standard reply 18/04/2007 "sorry you are unhappy about your account charges".

My reply was sent 20/04/2007 requesting full payment or court action.

I did not receive a reply to this letter.

I then filled a court case through MCOL 09/05/2007 paying £250. It was served on 14/05/2007.

Please tell me if I have done anything wrong or missed anything out. :confused:

Lloyds acknowledged my claim on 25/05/2007 and on 04/05/2007 are now defending my claim.

Awaiting the next step and reading up on all the relavent threads for help and advice.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Do you have a fee paying account like a Select account or Platinum account?? If you have then you may need to look at whether you should have claimed the account charge, which is a legitimate charge. If you have you may need to get some further advice from someone with a tad more knowledge than me about how to rectify this.

I believe you would complete a n244 and pay £35.00. But as I say you need somebody that knows their onions.

Best of luck

Brasic

Brasic and Lloyds TSB

Followed the guidance on the site and won :D

IMHO looking good.....

......now for the long wait..... and perhaps aq??

Innocent ;)

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

It's a Platinum acc. I'm now wishing all this could be over much quicker.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Has anybody written to Lloyds for a copy of their original agreement and T&Cs when they opened their bank acc?

Mine was opened in 1977 then changed to a joint acc. in 1984. I haven't kept any paperwork that goes that far back!

Got Debt problems?

I have just written to Lloyds asking for copies of all documentation relating to my single acc. opened 1977 to include the signing of the original bank contract and terms and conditions for that time!

Also the same information for changing to a joint acc. in 1984! I have added that I will require this information to form part of my court bundle should my ongoing case go to court. Also a copy of my letter and any further correspondence relating to it will also be included in my court bundle! :D

I have time on my hands waiting for the court to inform me of the next stage so thought I would work on evidence for my court bundle.

If I get a reply that includes T&Cs that far back I will be passing them on to GaryH for his library of old T&Cs. Please search your attics for old T&Cs to PM to any Moderator. They do a fantastic job and deserve all the help in return for their invaluable advice on this site.

Knowledge is power and power will help us win!:D

Got Debt problems?

Still no Ts&Cs from the bank!

Still no letter from the court!

MCOL says defence 09/05/07, (deemed to be served 14/05/07)

received letter on 25/05/07 of acknowledgement with sheet attatched saying Defendent is defending all of the claim.

But nothing else received! Am I just getting impatient and will I have to wait to hear when it is transfered to my local court. :?

Gloucester is my local county court.

Thank you.

Got Debt problems?

Lloyds had 28 days to put in a defence, served 14/05/07 28 days would have been 11/06/07!:???:

I have not received anything.

Help please!

Got Debt problems?

Lloyds did the same to me - no sign of a defense. I didn't contact the court, thinking I'd see what happened, they sent me a copy of Lloyds' defense about a week after the date it was due. However, the defense had been filed with the court within the required deadline. Nothing to stop you contacting the court to ask if the defense has been filed. If no defense has been filed, I would suggest you trawl the forum for advice on the next step.

~S~

Griffin

04/01/07 New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent by RECORDED DELIVERY

05/01/07 Delivery of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirmed by Royal Mail

18/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data received

09/02/07 Prelim letter sent.

16/02/07 Frist template response received (nothing out of the ordinary).

23/02/07 LBA sent.

22/03/07 Claim issued to County Court

28/03/07 Claim served on Lloyds TSB (to reply by 11/04/07)

16/04/07 Acknowledgement of service (date stamped 12/04/07) received. Lloyds intend to defend the whole of the claim.(Lloyds' defense to be filed by 25/04/07)

26/04/07 Received Lloyds defense (standard 9 point) AQ to be returned by 11/05/07

09/05/07 My AQ returned to court

22/05/07 Lloyds have not met the AQ deadline. Court give them until 05 June to file

05/06/07 AQ filed by Lloyds with application for 1 month stay

Bugger! Sorry!

Just phoned MCOL and the defence was put in on the 04/06/07!!!

The case has now been passed to my local county court which is Gloucester.

Just got to wait for the paperwork and the lady at MCOL said they are busy!!!

Thanks for your help Griffin.

Got Debt problems?

Todays post has brought the defence papers with the standard 9 point defence. Waiting for a court date.

Advice to all read the forums and guides relevent to what is happening to you. Set up a thread and start your own story and ask questions. Don't suffer in silence! There is help out there and boy is it good help.

Feeling calm at the mo but I know things are going to heat up as letters come through requesting paper work. Thats when I may be asking for help!!

Good luck to all.

Off to work I go!

Got Debt problems?

Notice of transfer of proceedings,

transfered my case to Gloucester County Court.

Allocation questionnaire has been dispensed with.

9 Point defence.

Do I send a draft order for directions or wait until I get my first letter from Gloucester court?

Got Debt problems?

Bump?

Got Debt problems?

I personally wait to here from the court. The local Judge may require an AQ. If not then send draft order.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

HI Night Owl,

I'm following your case with interest as there seen to be very few, claims for these sort of figures, at least with lloyds anyway.

I sent in my claim to Lloyds for £5606 + £1830 int, total £7436, on 14/06/07. Not heard anything yet. I notice that your interest claim is a third of mine, yet your charges are quite a bit more, is this because the O/D interest rate is lower on a Platinum account as opposed to the 15.7% on my Gold account?

Does there appear to be any different treatment by Lloyds due to the higher figures involved?

You might be interested to know that I phoned Lloyds yesterday, as another load of charges pushed me over my limit. Strangely when I complained that I would not have an overdraft at all if it were not for the excessive charge, I was advised that I could claim them back, but it might take a couple of months!! There appeared to be no doubt that I would get them back.

Anyway, I hope that's reassuring and I hope you don't mind if I watch how you get on. I don't mean that in a wierd way!!

Good luck.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to my confusion!!!!

Welcome aboard! All the advice welcome.

This is all a very big learning curve for me! I'm out of my knowledge comfort zone here but have learnt alot thanks to the informative threads and advice.

I think Lloyds is going to be a tough nut to crack.

It's great to hear that you have such a similar sized claim. Someone to compare notes with.

I started all this on Monesavingexpert.com but came to the other side!

Just doing draft order for directions

(New strategy for allocation Questionnaires BF's #2)

with the addition of H - other information

(GaryH's from the same thread #59)

Will hang on to it until I hear from my local court as advised by Broke Dave.

Good Luck

Night Owl.

Got Debt problems?

Welcome aboard Fzrkitten.

I think the next few weeks could be busy for us all as the Courts start sending for paperwork.

Look out LTSB here we come.

Printer ready and able. (Just as well as OH has no knowledge or patience when things break down!! He won't even touch the car.

Must buy more ink!

Good Luck

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Did you get T&C's? I haven't managed much but saw GaryH's reply to someone earlier that in small claims we could poss add to our bundle if needed before court date. So that's a relief.

I'm 2 glasses of wine down, 171 pages collated so far, hopefully finished before midnight!

I would just start printing the Basic Court Bundle, and downloading stuff to your desktop so you can look at it over and over again, and get it right in your own time.

Boyfriend's brill - just got about the 20th cup of tea and toast! (Between the wine!).

BW,

Fzrkitten.

Fzrkitten

Good luck. Have finished my bundle - 151 pages (have I missed something?)

On 8th pint of bitter (over the whole day!)

Trying to relax - but can't stop worrying :o

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Hi Nightowl,

just thought I'd pop in and say that I don't think they amount of your claim will be a problem - they've just offered me £5000 plus interest and charges so look forward to spending your money - I certainly am!

Good luck

Sam

Fzrkitten - at work at the mo!!! hence the time!

Info on T&Cs in Calling all Lloyds TSB acc. holders Call for evidence.

Sorry haven't got the hang on inserting links.

Internet Wayback Machine also.

Got lots of info on my computer at home sorry.

Just had my first cup of Tea!! gonna be a busy night!

Broke Dave - oh my god 151 pages! Is that one copy of court bundle? Only another 1 copy to do! 1 for the Judge, 1 for SC&M originals for you.

Enjoy the well deserved beer.

Nestie - well done, thats encouraging news. If I get a good result for this claim I think I will take on Abbey next!!! If I my nerves can take it!!

Finish nights Tuesday morning but will try and keep watching the threads, work allowing!!!

Night Owl

Got Debt problems?

Ditto to all the above! Soz I didn't read thread properly, was getting late, Night Owl you really are a night owl aren't you!!!

Broke Dave - Bundles vary in size due to statements and stuff, and if you're a plank like me I put a separating page between every document, just to make sure no one had trouble finding the referenced pages! (Over the top but fun!). Mine came out at 189 pages in the end. Someone said theirs was 270?!

Night Owl - have you done yours now? I posted mine today to both parties. Well pleased. We can all chill now for a bit, and wait for payment! (So everyone keeps telling me).

Nestie - FAB!!! Well Done!

Fzrkitten

x

Fzrkitten