Has anyone's account been closed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have won my claim and now want to pay off some of my debt. Only things is I don't want to go back into my overdraft in case they close my account.

Has anyone who has won with HBOS had their account closed?

01/02 - sent dpa letter

20/03 recieved statements

23/03 - sent prelim letter

30/03 - recieved delaying letter

Hi, Stephen.

HBOS closed my Business Account after my first claim. I had the account for about 25 years. When I claimed a second time, they somehow managed to open my (closed) account and subtracted there £300 overdraft I was due them, before giving me my cash. I then had to go into my local branch and withdraw whatever was left.(about £700, which came in quite handy). They don't close all accounts, just the people who get on their nerves (me). Hope you don't suffer the same fate.

Best wishes.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Its unusual for a bank to close an account on a first claim but most will close it if you claim twice.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Its unusual to close accounts on first claim but they normally will close it if you claim twice.

Hi!

Thanks for that.

I wonder whether they would do that if you happened to win a pre-6 years' claim after a successful 6 years' claim? - Any means of find THAT out, Stornoway?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi!

Thanks for that.

I wonder whether they would do that if you happened to win a pre-6 years' claim after a successful 6 years' claim? - Any means of find THAT out, Stornoway?

Dusary, most banks will close the account on the second claim no matter what timescales the claims cover. Some may slip through the net.

• Haha 1

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Thanks.

(Your scale is tipped!)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 2 months later...

I've submitted my claim against RBOS to the Fin Ombudsman because they've taken £340 in charges in July, against an unauthorised overdraft. As soon as I knew my account had gone over the limit - and within 5 days of knowing - I arranged a three month moritorium until it was cleared . It now is. They continue to levy charges, which is why I complained. Now they have sent me a letter saying they've closed the account. Is this legal? Should I make a separate complaint to the Fin Om? I still have some £380 of my authorised overdraft to pay off. Should I continue paying it off? Or since they've closed the account, can I consider this waivered?

Thanks for your help.

pinnate

Sorry I can`t help with your questions but I would certainly let FSO know what is happening to you, they should not be able to close your account just for claiming back charges. I am sure some more clued up than me will come along soon with the info you require. good Luck Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

You will pob get a quicker response if you start your own thread

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

hi pinnate this link might be of some help

Alliance and leicester fined by FOS for retaliatory account closure

knew that you would be lurking somewhere nearby Tils, Thanks

Lurking.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .