• Tweets

• Good morning All,   Today I have received the email from the Courts in respect the account held with MBNA confirmed. The information reads as :   Claimant Claims: Credit Card Account Number ********************* Balance of £6'850.61 as of 31/01/2010. Interest under s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from the default date(s) to 21/2011 of £804.81 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of 1.50 and costs.   The maths now show as Amount Claimed £7655.42 Court Fee £190.00 Solicitors Costs £100.00 total £7'945.42 Date of issue 21-July-2011   Underneath it then shows To the Defendant you have not replied to to the claim form ( I went to the courts to discuss my income ) It is therefore ordered you must pay the claimant £7'692.33 for the debt ( and interest to date of judgment) and £320.00 for costs. You must pay the claimant the total of £8'012.33 forthwith.   I now have the account number for this account and I have written to MBNA which was delivered and proof of delivery obtained with signature. Would it best be to contact them again as I have no statements in regards to the full account statements and proof of the final account balances as I am 100% sure this was far too high a balance.   Thanks everyone LuckY-13            
    • You're right, hightail. I had cause to speak to M&S customer services and I asked if the lady was at home out of interest. She was and I was pleased she was safe. She had no problem resolving my problem and wasn't in a rush to get rid of me.
    • you should be blocking and bouncing all emails now    no DCA can 'enforce' anything, they are NOT BAILIFFS.   and even less so if they don't even own the debt but are chasing for their 'client', another equally powerless DCA.
    • I cannot uploads it, that’s what I am saying, When scanning it into the computer at 300 dpi it’s still difficult to read you, the forum guide said to scan to below 300, so I scanned at 200, then I edited the file to remove personal info and converted to PDF, but I am unable to upload because the size is higher than 4.88mb, if I compress it it’s going to shrink the file and make  the resolution worse, by then you will not be able to read the small print at all. I believe the document is enforceable becouse I can read what it says and it matches the contract provided by cap1, I can upload that one which is better quality and will probably scan better. Presuming it is enforceable, what’s the best course of action to get a full and final settlement? 
    • As a consumer who was on the other end of this at the worst possible time I can give another perspective.  I was stressed as hell but I was more understanding than usual if the person on the other end at least tried to be helpful - and the vast majority did.  It often felt better to be dealing with another human who was prepared to try and find a solution than the usual 'that's what we do' scripted answer.  This remained true even if we didn't find a solution, I was very grateful for any effort.  Just as in-house conference calls now include kids and pets as the norm, I don't think consumers do mind processes being slowed if it means they are individualised -  humanised if you like.  To bosses this may well seem less efficient, I do believe it can be more effective.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
molly1959

Reply from hsbc

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4135 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi my daughter sent her 1st letter on 2nd April asking for her statements for past 6 years she encloses the £10 fee, but has not had any contact at all from them, neither have they cashed her chq, was just wondering if this is normal

Thanks

well, the data protection act or whatever it is - gives them 40 days to respond - which i make next saturday. so, i'd ring them - probably tuesday and just to ask if they've received your letter and are dealing with it -

hopefully they will be able to tell you that they are. i do know they are very, very busy with all of this just now but it should be dealt with.

here is the link for the template letter if they don't comply:

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

also, any chance of getting them on-line:

INTERNET BANKING WEBSITE: -

HSBC INTERNET BANKING

HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR STATEMENTS ON LINE: -

Click on “My Accounts” choose the account that you wish to deal with and then click on “My Statements” this will give you online access to up to 6 years of statements. (Repeat for each account and use a separate spreadsheet for each account).

Hint: - Watch out for the moving "Prev" button it is replaced by "Next" which takes you back to where you started :rolleyes:

Hi

I sent my sar letter with a chq for the £10 THE 40 days are up and not heard or received my statements, so i rang them today and was told they had not received the letter, so i would have to request them again, they said they would arrange it with no charge but that it could take another 40 days, i don't suppose their is anything i can do about this and will just have to wait again.

did you send your SAR recorded delivery? If you did then you can check on the Royal Mail website when your SAR was delivered. I personllay would send a letter before action for non-compliance (template in the bank template library). attach a copy of your original SAR with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Your statements are accessible online if you register for internet banking, no waiting!

Hi

I received a reply from the hsbc on the 29th may thanking me for my letter dated 22nd may saying they are looking into my claim for charges back they have said they will contact me a full response as soon as they complete their investigations. So do o still send a letter before action or wait to here from.

Thanks Molly

Stick to your own timetable. 14 days then send lba. 14 more then file your claim!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Hi

Thanks for help is it 14 days from when i sent my letter or 14 days from the one they sent me.

Thanks

Molly

14 days from when you sent yours!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

hi - i had the same put you off letters from hsbc my claim is ongoing i kept to the schedual and am waiting for a court date now.

do as freaky says keep to the schedual and dont worry you will get all your money back with interest if it goes to court.:D

• Haha 1

Hi

Could any one tell me if i can add on any charges that i still getting which are around a £125 a month. I have sent my letter before action to them today. Sorry for posting simple questions i know the answer is on here some were, but i have had a stroke recently and by the time i find what i need i end up totally confused. I would like to thank every one for being so helpful:)

hello molly

yes you can add on any charges right up until you file your claim at the court.

• Haha 1

Hi

I have sent my 3rd letter on the 7th june it was 14 days yesterday and not heard anything what shall i do now? I sent it recoreded delivery.

Thanks

By saying you've sent the 3rd letter I'm assuming this is the LBA, if this is the case then you should now proceed with court action and either file your claim using MCOL or the N1 form. This is your claim so you decide the timescales, no response from the bank within these deadlines mean you should continue with the next stage.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Hi

Thanks for your reply which is the easiest way to do it since this stroke takes me a wages to work things out.

MCOL ( money claim on line) is the easiest way of filiing a claim!

Read the newcomers guide as it guides you through each step!

Just shout if you need help!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

Well the MCOL route would be the simplist option as you can do everything online.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

However, if you are claiming quite a large ammount then I would advise you to use the N1 as you can elaborate your POC a lot more.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

Hi

Its for £1000 and i have had £250 more charges since i started the claim so i think the mcol would be best can i add the extra charges on as well?

Yes you can add to the claim at this stage!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

Hi

Is a a £1000 pound claim better claimed using mcol and were do i add my extra charges?

Thanks

You have to put all your charges that you are caliming for on a spreadsheet! The s/s will calculate the interest on each individual charge. Then on the mcol you put in the total figures you are claiming! Have you read the newcomers guide? It is a step by step guide!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

Hi

I have read it but i get a bit confused after a while i will have a go and see if i can do it.

Thanks

Just add the extra charges to the bottom of you Schedule/Spreadsheet, the interest will automatically be recalculated.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Nat West 2nd Acc

Nat West 1st Acc

You must use the spreadsheet so that all the interest on all of the charges is calculated to the day of your claim!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation