Reply from hsbc

molly1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes thats correct, you can only claim the Section 69 Interest when filing your claim through the courts.

With your first 2 letters did you not send them a breakdown of the charges you were claiming back?

• Haha 1

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Hi

I listed all the charges and what they were for like unpaid direct debits/ card missuse and the dates but didn't add any of the interst charges i had. Hope i got that correct. Do you think i should use mcol or the N1 forms.

No not yet just going to sort spread sheet out then do the mcol i send them all to the court then think iv'e got that right:confused: I have just had the hsbc on the phone asking how i am going to clear my overdraft and to say i have got another £125 charges going on my account on 9th july. I just said i am not in the position to clear o/d they were quite rude about it.

hi molly

take your time & get the spreadsheet right from the start. You will need copies of this all the way through your claim. When you are happy with it then do the court claim. Its better to get this right now than have to amend things later.

It doesnt matter if you over the 14 days when you file. Best to concentrate on one thing at a time. Also from reading other threads it seems the MCOL site is down at the moment.

Using the MCOL or going to your local court to file is a matter of choice. MCOL is done from home & you are able to watch the status of the claim. By filing at your local court the paperwork is given in so you dont need to send copies of your schedule off, there is no transfer later & more space for your Particulars of Claim. Eiither way, you pay the fee when you file.

Remember theres lots of help for you on here - for any question. If youre stuck just call & someone will do their best to assist you.

good luck :)

• Haha 2

Hi

I read some were earlier you can ask for payment by chq is this right or will they just take any payment i might get off my overdraft i can't find the thread i found it on.

Thanks

there are many threads.

the thing to remember is it's YOUR money they unlawfully took from you.

mention that fact and that you also have many debtors who equally deserve a slice of the pie [haven't you!

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I trust you have a parachute account in the first instance in order to put the cheque into. I also believe that banks can pay this money into your account directly (therefore reducing your overdraft) which if overdrawn will reduce your debt. Could be wrong but we are talking about the HSBC.

You can ask for payment by cheque and they have to comply with your wishes!

too right, its YOUR money they have unlawfully taken!!

just think what the banks would do if you said one month ..na i think i'll pay my wages or your loan payment to someone else this month.

demand it by cheque or take them to court if they will not.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I read some were on here i can ask for my charges to be paid to me by chq, but can't find the thread now is this right? and if so when would i ask them to do this.

Thanks Molly

molly, it is much better to take things slowly and get them right than to rush through and wish you'd made a better job of it -

i know you are interested in the cheque question - that's for later - once they make you an offer - you can return your acceptance of an offer and say in it that you will only consider the offer if it is paid by cheque - so that's a bit further down the line.

my suggestions for you are this:

keep to this thread - don't start any more new ones - then we can find you when we want to help you.

use mcol for doing your claim as if it simple and straightforward.

here's a link to help when you are ready to do it:Getting MCOL Right

you need to get all your charges onto a simple spreadsheet to work out how much interest you will be asking for on the claim.

my suggestion is to wait until the 9th of july to file your claim (this is for a couple of reasons), 1) sometimes given some extra time hsbc comes in with an offer and you may want to consider it, normally it is about 80% of what you asked for and 2) more importantly, you will have the time to get your spreadsheet totally correct and also have the advantage of adding that 125 charge on there - so when you are doing the s/s - if you are going to file on 9 july - you are right to include that charge that will be taken that day.

i'm going to ask a moderator to merge all your threads together so we will be able to track your progress better - so no more new ones - stick to this one.

if you have any problems with the mcol - get back - but that link will be very helpful. it would be good to log onto mcol website now (the link is in getting mcol right) and start filling in what you can - then when you've got your spreadsheet done - you can fill in the extra bits and you'll be nearly done.

get started on your spreadsheet and where it shows todays date - make it 9 July 2007 if you are going to file that day - then the interest will be spot on (if you can't figure that part out - just use the date on the s/s - it will only be a little different).

p.s. i'm going to send you a copy of my particulars of claim as another example - you can copy them using your details and i know they are correct - i've sent them to over a hundred people on here now and many, many have already got their money back.

so watch for the pm - put it some place to keep for the mcol.

• Haha 1

molly, it is much better to take things slowly and get them right than to rush through and wish you'd made a better job of it -

i know you are interested in the cheque question - that's for later - once they make you an offer - you can return your acceptance of an offer and say in it that you will only consider the offer if it is paid by cheque - so that's a bit further down the line.

my suggestions for you are this:

keep to this thread - don't start any more new ones - then we can find you when we want to help you.

use mcol for doing your claim as if it simple and straightforward.

here's a link to help when you are ready to do it:Getting MCOL Right

you need to get all your charges onto a simple spreadsheet to work out how much interest you will be asking for on the claim.

my suggestion is to wait until the 9th of july to file your claim (this is for a couple of reasons), 1) sometimes given some extra time hsbc comes in with an offer and you may want to consider it, normally it is about 80% of what you asked for and 2) more importantly, you will have the time to get your spreadsheet totally correct and also have the advantage of adding that 125 charge on there - so when you are doing the s/s - if you are going to file on 9 july - you are right to include that charge that will be taken that day.

i'm going to ask a moderator to merge all your threads together so we will be able to track your progress better - so no more new ones - stick to this one.

if you have any problems with the mcol - get back - but that link will be very helpful.

get started on your spreadsheet and where it shows todays date - make it 9 July 2007 if you are going to file that day - then the interest will be spot on (if you can't figure that part out - just use the date on the s/s - it will only be a little different).

Ok thanks for your help:)