style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

heres my story..can anyone help..

a few weeks ago 2 fat men from drakes turned up, for a parking fine against my wife, who is terminally ill and disabled. they stated that she had a parking fine from maidstone council for parking in a disabled bay without showing her badge, this was the first we knew of it however i told the bailiff fat man that i owned all the goods and chattels in the house and that he could not come in...he put his foot in the door and stated that he now had a pieceful entry so he could come in, i again refused to allow him in and he refused to remove his foot stating that that was good enough for a pieceful entry, i must admit i threaten to smack him if he didn't remove it, he called out to his mate to call the police which he did, they arrived and i explained to the policeman that i had refused him entry but he put his foot in the door and tried to push passed me, the policeman told the bailiff to leave the premises or be arrested, i admitted threatening to smack him, however the police clearly pointed out that without a warrant to enter the house even they can not stay if asked to leave...

the bailiff left stating he was going to court to obtain a warrant of entry.

i suspect that soon i will have another visit, can anyone advise me on them putting there foot in the door and refusing to remove it?? where do i stand under the admin of justice act 1970 ??? the bailiff claims he can take my wifes new car which is on HP..Can he do that?? i tried to speak with the council but they said take it up with drakes,

NO he cant take your wifes car and have a look on Drakes website where they state their terms of operation and they clearly state they will be very careful when dealing with vulnerable people.

Some one will be along soon who will ell you how to dispute the ticket etc, also do you have the record of the bailiff's name - pm me do not put it on here and I will check out if he is certified, if not you can PM Herbie who can do the same.

Drakes are famous for the foot in the door, but I dont know how it stands with the law. Very pleased to hear that the Police were empathetic, they should have his name at the very least.

SFx

Guest Herbie

Maidstone have a fair amount to answer to here. Clearly, your wife's circumstances would dictate that this particular case is one classified as being "vulnerable". There is clear provision is ALL bailiff contracts, including Maidstone for this.

Could we be clear whether this is a parking ticket as you say it is a fine.

If it is a parking ticket, which I think it is, he CANNOT apply to the court for a warrant of entry. Do you have the name of the bailiff that attended so that I can check it on the database. Please don't post the name here, but instead send a PM to me. A formal complaint is needed ASAP into his conduct.

I would like to say WELL DONE to this particular police force. !!!!

yes it was a parking ticket.... i asked to see he's bailiff cert and he showed it to me, however he's mate didn't have one as he was "training"

i myself was a sheriffs officer for 6 years so i know abit about it however that was 5 years ago, so didn't know if rules had changed...what my concern is, is that he will remove my wifes car while i'm not there and shes in hospital even though it's on HP, and what about sticking the foot in door, how should i complain to council, what should i say in letter??

TG - find out the name of the Head of Revenue and Finance and speak to them, state that it is a very important matter. I personally would threaten them to going to your local press, it would make a great story. Request that they return the account to themselves immediatley and that they have an enquiry into Drakes behaviour.

SFx

Guest HONESTLY

I amabout 8 miles from you in rochester. Local authority have jbw/ccs/whyte and co and just recently rundle and co were added(6-7 months ago). i would say lucky you who actually had drakes turn up. Cantreally wait till they turn up at mine in the future and things will fly !!!

Guest lipupfatty
yes it was a parking ticket.... i asked to see he's bailiff cert and he showed it to me, however he's mate didn't have one as he was "training"

i myself was a sheriffs officer for 6 years so i know abit about it however that was 5 years ago, so didn't know if rules had changed...what my concern is, is that he will remove my wifes car while i'm not there and shes in hospital even though it's on HP, and what about sticking the foot in door, how should i complain to council, what should i say in letter??

in one of your other posts you claim to have been a sheriffs officer for 9 years?