A waste of time ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody, Like a lot of other people here I seem to have received a standard rejection letter in reply to my" letter before action." Just wondering if it is worth ringing the number on the letter ( from po box in Leeds) or even sending them a final warning letter stating that "unless I get favourable response within 7 days etc...I shall proceed with filing an N1 at court" Has anybody had any success going down this route?.....or should I just go to the court and file forms.....many thanks for any advice.

Continue with your process - not theirs. The letter (which most of us have received) is designed to disrupt your timeframe and cause you to think you will not got your money. You will!!

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

No its not a waste of time.

Lots have received the same letter. Have a look at some of the threads on this forum and follow the guidance.

Ask questions as you need to.

Best wishes! Don't worry!:)

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Thanks for answering Kenny.....I know pursuing my claim is not a waste of time

What I was asking is due you think writing a" last ditch letter asking for a favourable outcome within 7 days etc, stating that I am armed with fully" loaded N1 forms and spreadsheets etc" and will file them next week if they do not respond...etc .... or due you think that I should miss this final chance letter out and file straight away?

many thanks and good luck to everyone reading this !!

dont be disheartend , thats what they want, send them LBA, and while you wait on the response , get your court stuff ready, you will win, it just takes time and patinence.

get onto it , and dont delay.

;)

BOS CASE 1 SETTLED IN FULL £1895 June 07

BOS CASE 2 IN PROGRESS *

knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence, this is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow!

Hey Wobbler,

Keep your chin up, we're all going through this process, I have just sent the Halifax(albeit for my credit card) an LBA today, stick with your timetable and go through the process as advised on the FAQ's and CAG Library and templates pages,which are usually at the top of the page as you log into the bank forums.

Keep us informed of your progress

Good Luck

Lush ;)

Lush ;)

Just stay calm, follow the procedures outlined here in the forum and stick to YOUR timescales - NOT theirs!

Good luck!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Like every one is saying, stick to the guides set out.

When it comes to filling out you N1 forms, if you need a hand, just ask. Theres plenty of people here willing to help.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have got all my N1 forms sorted and relevant other info for court. I have decided to file next Weds...in the mean time I have yesterday sent a quick letter stating that i was "dissapointed in their response/rejection letter and have said i am giving them until Weds 13th to respond favourably, hence saving themselves my claim for 8% interest on top....So if nothing by Weds I am off to the local court!! Be intersting to see if I get a response from them....I'll let you all know!

Ps....initially received my list of charges about a month ago ....today received a letter from the p.o box leeds dept...but with a Birmingham postmark!! stating here is the list of charges you requested....Just shows they really do not know what each dept is up to!!!! good luck to u all