Lloyds digs in, of course

mikkorev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I wrote to Lloyds mid March asking for refund of 6 years charges, totalling

£ 5200 and within 2 weeks received that letter - 'these are not default charges but service charges" etc etc.

Responded that I did not accept this explanation as I felt they could not justify them - no response.

Left it for 2 weeks at least and wrote again saying that unless I had some offer of refund I would pursue the matter through the court and asked for a respose within 14 days.

This has now elapsed, and I probably have been guilty of not keeping an eye on elapsed time, things in Birmingham made me draw a few breaths..... so just as I was preparing to go legal I get this:

"Thank you for getting in touch again, we've already explained we believe it is fair to charge blah blah.......generally we don't agree to adjust any of these charges, but I can tell you that on this occasion we are prepared to repay you £ 645 in full and final settlement - we will also cancel any charges that we may have told you about (around another 300) but have not yet taken from your account"

"I hope you feel that I have answered all the points raised with us. Please treat this letter as our final response. This means that if you're still unhappy, go to the Financial Ombudsman Service"

There is no mention of signing anything to say I accept.

Having looked at quite a few threads amongst you good people I think I'm right in taking the line "thanks for the refund to date which I accept as part payment of the full amount of £ 5200 which I intend to pursue in court" or words to that effect.

Any words of wisdom much appreciated!

By the way, NatWest seemed to have no problem in refunding £ 5860 to me after just 2 letters - no mention of court!

Great to know that we're all working together on this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Heave ho, here we go.......nothing back from LTSB so I will be sending N1 to court on Monday. Will use hard copy by post as suggested.

Some thoughts - as my initial claim was for £ 5206 should I consider adjusting this to under 5k to minimise risk?

I've searched hi and lo for T & C's but no chance, I've banked with Lloyds since early 80's and the account has obviously changed in type over the years but is just a normal personal current account. Is the absence of these a big problem and does anyone have any that may be relevant?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Mik