Hello ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just woundering if anyone could give me some advice as getting very twichey.

1)05 April recived 6yrs charges total £6945 without intrest

2)16 April wrote asking for charges- recived reply saying they would be looking into complant may take six weeks.

3) Ingnored this and sent letter before court, recived letter from Halifax saying they are still investigating complant and would reply before 14 June.

4) Ingnored this again and started money claim on line at cost of £250.

5) Halifax filed acknowledgment of service on 23rd May

Day 14 of 28 day dead line and woundering if it is worth ringing the bank to try and get a settlement as i have read the court encourages you to try and reach a settlement. Also becoming very nervours at the prospect of standing up in court to defend myself, i know it may not come to that but does anyone think its worth ringing them for a speeder solution. xx

You could always try to phone, chances are you wont get any where.

It shouldnt be too long now until you hear something. What date was it deemed served?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Actionplan

Welcome to the Forum

Good to see another Tamesider Here.

In my case agianst Halifax they acknowledged the claim then sent a letter stating they would pay in full as it was not econical to persue the case.

Paul

So you just need to hang on till the 21st. Then you can file judgement.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi All,

Couldn't wait any longer as i thought i might explode- so i rang the Halifax, a nice lady answered call Ruth i told her i was ringing to discuss a settlement! She said all she could tell me was that a letter had been genarated today and i should recive it within 4 days, but she could not disclose what was in the letter.

This sounds like there going to make an offer, fingers crossed it will be very close to the £8000 were asking for.:D

• Haha 1

well fingers crossed it will be a full offer, but this close to the end dont be too disheartened if it isnt as much as you have asked for.

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Hi actionplan, dont panic ha ha easier said than done i know i must admit am getting a bit twitchy myself i,m sueing for nearly 10k and this money will almost get me out of quite a big pickle bring on the 27th or settlement whatever comes first

good luck

regards lolypop:)

Hi Lollypop,

Good luck with your claim, winning would help me and my family sort out debts, buy a car and have a long needed holiday. No letter this morning and i go back to work tomorrow so will not be able to check the post till i get home- i will be on pins all day and an excited ball of anxiety. Do you have until the 27th before the Halifax submit their defence or before court date and have you had any offers yet? I will see if i can find your thread. In any case lets stay calm and do our breathing excercises (in with harmony out with anger and all that).

Good luck again xx:lol:

Dont forget to keep checking your accounts, as most of the time Halifax put the money in without telling you.

F&Q's... Read here

Hi again,

Made myself late for work this morning waiting for the post- and still nothing. Have told work i will be late tomorrow as well, good job i have a understanding boss.

I'll keep you posted xx:p

Made myself late for work again yesterday waiting for the post man and just some bills. Went to work sulking. Got home thought i'll just check my bank account again, and hey presto they had put the full amount plus intrest plus court costs in my account!!!!! After screaming and jumping up and down for a night, the next morning the letter arrived. It is not cost effective to pursue the claim.biggrin.gif

Thanks for your support guys and good luck to everyone whos waiting to hear. xx

progress.gif

CONGRATULATIONS..!!!

Thats is fantastic, Well done. Now all you need to do is spend it..:D :D

F&Q's... Read here

CONGRATULATIONS!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!