Dicko V Abbey 5000+

dicko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dicko,

any particular person?
Your claim gets dealt with at various parts of their empire at various stages, taking in sunny Milton Keynes on the way, then back to London. Ignore their incompetence. Just send the Prelim and LBA as Dear Sir/Madam to Triton Sq. Other correspondence, reply to the person concerned. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

its says in the prelim letter that the charges total £xxxxx and £xxxxx you have charged me in overdraft interest. dont really knoe what that is can anyone help will this interest be taken ou the same day as the charges?

the intrest charge should have been taken same time as your charges from shabbey it is normally listed when you exceed your agreed account limits i.e over drawn

what i did in the prelim letter was adjust that to read you have taken XXXX from me in charges and the interest on that at your unauthorised rate of 28.7% would be XXXXX making XXXXX owed but then i am a greedy sod and trying to claim compound contractural at the unauthorised rate from abbey :grin: :grin:

i am in similar stage of claim as you are in this claim see my thread if you want for what i have done

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/57977-newbody-abbey.html#post485027

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

love the approach newbody but do you think they'll go for that? I cant help but think im over my head here, so if my charges are £3000 i can add 28.7% to that amount? Cheers mate :confused: Like your way of doing buisness though will be interested to see how you get on:) .....

weather they go for it or not is still unproven yet it is in early stages but on alot of threads people have gone for compound contractural intrest over the standard 8% from Sec69

there is a thread on here relating entirly to this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html

and here is someone who won with it

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/63379-paying-tax-contractual-interest.html

at the end of the day if you read a few of the threads that are abit further down the line than we are a few are starting to claim contractural interest weather it is at the agreed rate or like me go for the big sum and go for the unauthorised rate

If abbey dont like it then it will proceed to court but it appears most cases now are getting to the doors of court hearings now before being settled

also as they say it is easier to lower your claim than try to justify an increase

also when you file your AQ etc for court you can always put into it for the judge to award you charges etc + sec69 8% if he deems your argument on the banks role to be "mutuality" or "reciprocity" is not valid then you havent lost anything by trying for it but if he does uphold it then your quids in

It is a decision you have to make and be happy with as it is your claim and you who will have to argue the validity of your actions

but the end of the day if you are considering it as an option then you need to iclude this in your prelim and lba

you can always drop it to the standard claim and 8% when it comes to filing court papers if you are not happy with it

but my personal view on it now is after years of abbey shafting me i'll be happy to give them a good hiding back

I'd just love to be a fly on the wall when they read my prelim letter :)

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

nice one newbody like it uve persuaded me does any one know what the standard contractural rate of interest is from abbey? would it be ok just to work out the percentage from the total charges then add it to my schedule? or do i need to work it out for each charge and schedule all interest individually?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers for e-mailing me them spreadsheets newbody much appreciated, im a bit of a computer biff tho when i edit the spradsheet in the bit where the interest is calculated the word VALUE! is coming up it also prints this anyone any ideas how to get the numerical value in there.. CHEERS....

• 1 month later...

hi all not been in touch for a while been busy and had to put things on the backburner but im ready to crack on now. I've stopped getting my pay put into to my abbey account is it ok to do this? all set to get my request for bank charges sent on friday just wanted to know if there had been any developments in the last couple of months?.....................

hiya at court stage now just preparing the bundles but it has been fairly straight forward really up till now these bundles are troublesome and a bit time consuming but well worth the bother so onward and upward as they say

• 1 month later...

hiya starting too get a bit worried been too busy to sort my stuff out so still only at the prelim letter before action stage heard today banks are fighting back and winning can anyone throw some light on this i'll be sending the letter this weekend just hope im not too late..............

dont let it deter its the banks that are putting round the story to put you off claiming dont be fooled it was only one case i think youve just gotta be sure youve got all your infomation cos that preson that lost was missing bits and wasnt properly prepared so make sure youve done everything and if you follow the advice on here youll be fine keep going i felt like giving up and ive got my money know all banked and getting spent lolxxkia